Jump to content
MissBubbles205

2013 Majestic Elegance Brides

Recommended Posts

Hi! Tink Thanks! =) I can't stop talking about the wedding either, I feel like my everyday goal is to do something regarding the wedding or maybe watching some bridal shows like (four weddings, say yes to the dress, and I found the gown). OMG! I'm so addicted and excited. I live uptown manhanttan so I'm not that far from you. So I'm guessing that you work at the Old Navy near your area. I use to work at the GAP at 34th St, New York. By the way I love your fans very creative and pretty colors. I know that you mentioned you went to a wedding in Majestic Elegance. I have a question do they provide their own fans or do you have to purchase your own? Did your friends have an outdoor reception? when was the wedding? I was thinking about having my reception outdoor at either the parrot bar or wet bar not sure which one is more appealing. I already found my gown, did you find yours? ttyl, =) Bride23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by bridetobe23 View Post

 

Hi! Tink Thanks! =) I can't stop talking about the wedding either, I feel like my everyday goal is to do something regarding the wedding or maybe watching some bridal shows like (four weddings, say yes to the dress, and I found the gown). OMG! I'm so addicted and excited. I live uptown manhanttan so I'm not that far from you. So I'm guessing that you work at the Old Navy near your area. I use to work at the GAP at 34th St, New York. By the way I love your fans very creative and pretty colors. I know that you mentioned you went to a wedding in Majestic Elegance. I have a question do they provide their own fans or do you have to purchase your own? Did your friends have an outdoor reception? when was the wedding? I was thinking about having my reception outdoor at either the parrot bar or wet bar not sure which one is more appealing. I already found my gown, did you find yours? ttyl, =) Bride23

Hi Bridetobe23!

The fabulous fans are actually MissBubbles! She did a great job! Majestic doesn't provide the fans, but they are pretty cheap to buy and decorate yourself. I would suggest you visit Oriental Trading.com or Beforetheidos.com. They usually sell them for about 85 cents each. My friends didn't have an outdoor reception, they chose to have an indoor one in the Ballroom. We've decided to do the Ballroom too because of the AC. I haven't found my dress yet but I have made an appointment next month. I'm SUPER excited! Which gown did you decide to go with? If you're keeping it a top secret then its fine if you don't want to share :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies!!!

 

I am getting married Jan 26, 2013. I want to have the semi private dinner and a private reception after.  My main questions:

When is the best time to make the toasts, dinner or reception?

At the reception, its just the cutting of the cake and dancing, however, I want there to be food as well as alcohol.  I know the guests have already had dinner, but didnt want them partying for 3 hours with no food.  Any suggestions?  I was thinking desserts and appetizers.

 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

 

Thank you!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everybody! Just came back from visiting the Elegance over Labor Day weekend and confirmed my date at the Jellyfish Restaurant for November 1, 2013! Yay! So even though I won't technically have my ceremony or reception at the Majestic Elegance, I will be there with a group of 80+ people at the time. I thought I was being crazy and booking things way too early until I contacted Phil Steingard about the photography and he told me he had 3 other weddings already booked in November as well. So I would suggest anyone looking to go with him to book as early as they can!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by DRBride8433 View Post

 

Hi Ladies!!!

 

I am getting married Jan 26, 2013. I want to have the semi private dinner and a private reception after.  My main questions:

When is the best time to make the toasts, dinner or reception?

At the reception, its just the cutting of the cake and dancing, however, I want there to be food as well as alcohol.  I know the guests have already had dinner, but didnt want them partying for 3 hours with no food.  Any suggestions?  I was thinking desserts and appetizers.

 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

 

Thank you!!!

 Not sure about time frame.. But I think desserts and appitizers are a great idea!.. As far as alcohol, I have read that bars are all over the place and there is really no need to pay that extra cost for a private bartender.. But idk, I haven't looked into all these details just yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ladies! What a useful site this has been in making the Majestic Elegance our choice for a destination wedding! We have booked our room in the Elegance Club and reserved the Beach for a Civil wedding on July 4, 2013 at 5pm. We have also reserved the Sea and See Restaurant for a reception dinner with our guests. Our colors are Teal, with  Purple,Yellow 

Save the Dates go out this weekend!! 

 

I completely understand that an American holiday (Independence Day ) is not expected to be celebrated in Punta Cana, but does anyone know if the resort will have fireworks?? I found some people commenting on tripadvisor but I wanted to be sure. Also I was hoping to have sparklers in the evening but I see they ARE NOT allowed to be checked on luggage any thoughts/suggestions?

 

P.S. I love the ideas for the "natural fans". Hopefully it will be cooled off a bit for a 5pm wedding but they are too beautiful to pass up once they're wrapped. Thanks for that!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by chrystine888 View Post

 

Has anyone heard anything about the makeup artist at ME?  I want my girls (and myself) to wear fake eyelashes.  Anyone heard if they do this?

From what I've read on the makeup artist, some have said they felt the make up was a little too heavy for their taste, and some have loved it. Its pretty much a bag of mixed reviews. Maybe contacting the coordinator about the eyelashes would help, I haven't personally seen any info on this but it would be great to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladies.... What are yall doing about decor? I'm planning on taking chair sashes, raffia fans, and rose petal aisle runers to line the walkway up to the gazebo. One of the WC's gave me the price list for someone with ME to set up our own personal decorations..

 

Charges for professional decorators: if you plan to bring your own decorations but you donâ€t want to get involved with the set up we offer you this Service.

 

Ceremony set up: Up to 20 guests

US$150.00

21 – 50 guests

US$190.00

51 – 80 guests

US$250.00

80 – 100 guests

US$300.00

 

 

I personally feel like that a lot to ask for for only tieing sashes onto a few chairs and placing fans in each chair and rolling out my aisle runners... So I'm guessing the way to go is to have a friend or family member do the set-up, but how do you determine who to ask since the bridal party will be getting ready with us and pictures...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 View Post

 

Ladies.... What are yall doing about decor? I'm planning on taking chair sashes, raffia fans, and rose petal aisle runers to line the walkway up to the gazebo. One of the WC's gave me the price list for someone with ME to set up our own personal decorations..

 

Charges for professional decorators: if you plan to bring your own decorations but you donâ€t want to get involved with the set up we offer you this Service.

 

Ceremony set up: Up to 20 guests

US$150.00

21 – 50 guests

US$190.00

51 – 80 guests

US$250.00

80 – 100 guests

US$300.00

 

 

I personally feel like that a lot to ask for for only tieing sashes onto a few chairs and placing fans in each chair and rolling out my aisle runners... So I'm guessing the way to go is to have a friend or family member do the set-up, but how do you determine who to ask since the bridal party will be getting ready with us and pictures...

Hi Bubbles!

 

I refuse to pay those prices for the decor!  I agree that the bridesmaids will be busy attending to the bride and taking pictures, so I have considered who to ask also.  I think it would be reasonable to ask significant others of the wedding party, or relatives, or close friends that aren't in the immediate wedding party.  Anything to save a few bucks helps!!!  :-)  How many people do you have coming?

 

-Chrystine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi Brides! I have a Wally Bag - 66" available - $90 + shipping (US only) The wally bag typically sells for $120-$180. I used this gown bag once to transport my dress from MN to Mexico for our wedding - IT WAS PERFECT!   I was actually able to pack 4 additional maxi dresses, and my husband's wedding attire, plus a few pairs of shoes and some jewelry. I packed the dress the night before we left, and just moments before we left, I zipped the bag and folded it - ready for travel. It comes up with a nice over-the-shoulder strap, making it really easy to carry through the airports. No issues on Delta with the bag as my carry-on - I chose to put in the overhead bin, but the flight attendant did offer to hang it in the closet for me. Once we got to the resort, about 10 hours after I first folded the bag, I unpacked the bag and my dress was perfect - no wrinkles! My dress was mostly lace and had a bit of a train, but it arrived perfectly!  Honestly, this is the best way to travel with your dress! 
    • we ended up using Facebook messenger when we were in Mexico - the hotel had free wifi and at least 1 person from each family/couple had FB on their phone already - it was pretty easy to communicate among guests "hey, we're heading to the beach bbq for lunch." or "everyone is hanging at the small pool today".  a plus was that some people tried to get a hold of me via FB on the day of the wedding and I was totally not checking my phone - they were asking if the wedding was outside given the rain forecast, thankful my mom, MOH and a few other friends were on the group and could respond for me :) 
    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
  • Topics

×