Photo

Cabo Ideas for Wedding Guests Celebrating *Other* Special Days

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ninis_MoH

Ninis_MoH
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 05:02 PM

We've got two special events happening during Courtney's wedding week next May - a 25th birthday (our son) and a wedding anniversary (sister). We'd like to do something special for each. Something maybe unique to the area? Something memorable? Does anyone have any ideas? We thought about the candlelit dinner for the anniversary couple (at the Dreams resort), but I've read so many great wedding ideas here, I thought someone might have a great birthday/anniversary idea for me. Anyone? :-)

#2 Clussy75

Clussy75
    • 533 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 05:17 PM

I've heard that Dreams does very nice romantic dinner for two on the beach upon request/reservations. This would be a wonderful treat for the anniversary couple! For the birthday, I'd suggest (just based on what I've read so far on hear and what I've heard) a sunset cruise for a group of you to celebrate. Would make for a memorable evening for sure.
      Claudia & Sean
      11/11/07

#3 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 05:23 PM

My aunt and uncle are celebrating their 40th anniversary and my MOH is celebrating their 10 year anniversary during our DW week.

We are going to play their wedding songs during the reception and have a special toast for them ... but I'd like to do something special as well.

#4 Ninis_MoH

Ninis_MoH
        • 11 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 05:37 PM

Great ideas. Our first thought for the anniversary couple was the dinner on the beach ... it does sound like a great idea.

#5 Christine

Christine
          • VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Napa, California
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 30 September 2007 - 05:40 PM

on my honeymoon we saw so many people doing the private dinner (most nights there was only one, but some there was two) they had a little candle lit pathway leading to the little tent type thing and servers it was so beautiful. I told my hubby I wished he had looked into that (o'well right) I think that would be so wonderful for the anniversary couple to have. As for the birthday Maybe have everyone meet for drinks and entertainment in honor of them (whatever entertainment there is that night, you could always see if they will announce the special b-day)
          Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 30 September 2007 - 05:59 PM

there are some dinner cruises...or this really great, romantic restaurant in san jose at casa natalia...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 Ninis_MoH

Ninis_MoH
          • 11 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 06:53 PM

Courtney just suggested we see if we could rent a tennis court and arrange a game of street hockey for Brandon's birthday (it's his favourite game), but I'm thinking hockey sticks might be in short supply in Mexico. :-)

I think the dinner cruise is a done-deal for the anniversary couple, how 'bout the b-day party? He likes sports - maybe a fishing charter or something? He *is* a little afraid of the water, as befits a prairie boy, but I'm sure we could life jacket him up and get him out without too much trouble.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users