Jump to content

Photo

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?


  • Please log in to reply
5676 replies to this topic

#5201 MrsPeele2B

MrsPeele2B
  • Jr. Member
  • 187 posts

    Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:56 AM

    Originally Posted by niknic456 


    You know there is always 1 person that tries to rain on the parade....if you and your F have the understanding about the ring that is all that matters!!! My FI and I have been together for 4 yrs and believe it or not we never talked about getting married, it was like unspoken that we knew we loved each other dearly and would be together forever (ring or not)....but out of the blue he proposed at dinner with a HUGE diamond and the rest is hisotry....so my theory is the longer a girl waits the bigger your diamond will be....lol

    HUGE diamond!!!! niiiiiice.

    Originally Posted by niknic456 

    This queston may have been answered in earlier posts, but I'm lazy today....so for those doing OOT bags that will include hangover kits are there any restrictions with customs as it relates to bringing in a ton of medications into Mexico???

    OOOOOhhh this is a good question, I didn't think of that.

     

    Originally Posted by shugapop1 


    Next time someone says something so ssenseless as that. Tell them. You are more focused oj your huaband to be and your marriage than a ring

    Thanks Shugapop.... I really like that response. I've been trying to come up with responses that don't make me looking have a raging miserable bridezilla but at the same time I really want to tell someone, cut the s--- please. 



    #5202 MissJali

    MissJali
    • Member
    • 935 posts

      Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:18 AM

      Originally Posted by niknic456 


      You know there is always 1 person that tries to rain on the parade....if you and your F have the understanding about the ring that is all that matters!!! My FI and I have been together for 4 yrs and believe it or not we never talked about getting married, it was like unspoken that we knew we loved each other dearly and would be together forever (ring or not)....but out of the blue he proposed at dinner with a HUGE diamond and the rest is hisotry....so my theory is the longer a girl waits the bigger your diamond will be....lol

      LOL I think that's my fiance finally did it after 6 years. I told him, the longer you wait, the bigger the carats!! LOL



      #5203 shugapop1

      shugapop1
      • Member
      • 868 posts

        Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:20 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by MissJali 

        LOL I think that's my fiance finally did it after 6 years. I told him, the longer you wait, the bigger the carats!! LOL

         

        trust i know what you mean. 9 years for us. lol

        #5204 shugapop1

        shugapop1
        • Member
        • 868 posts

          Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:23 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by MrsPeele2B 

          HUGE diamond!!!! niiiiiice.

          OOOOOhhh this is a good question, I didn't think of that.

           

          Thanks Shugapop.... I really like that response. I've been trying to come up with responses that don't make me looking have a raging miserable bridezilla but at the same time I really want to tell someone, cut the s--- please. 

           

          you don't sound like bridezilla at all, just tell them if they want you to have a ring sooner, then they should buy you what they feel you should have.

          #5205 MrsPeele2B

          MrsPeele2B
          • Jr. Member
          • 187 posts

            Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:24 AM

            Hey MissJali how you been??



            #5206 MissJali

            MissJali
            • Member
            • 935 posts

              Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:28 AM

              Originally Posted by MrsPeele2B 

              Hey MissJali how you been??

              Hi Hunny!

               

              I've been ok, just ordered my dress this week from jasmines bridal and started my last semester of grad school last night (booooo). How are you?



              #5207 MrsPeele2B

              MrsPeele2B
              • Jr. Member
              • 187 posts

                Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:37 AM

                Originally Posted by MissJali 

                Hi Hunny!

                 

                I've been ok, just ordered my dress this week from jasmines bridal and started my last semester of grad school last night (booooo). How are you?

                I'm hanging in there... After reading the boards I've decided to change my TA. So that's a little stressful. I'm not sure how that's going to affect my wedding date. i'm just trying to get through the weekend. Congrats on your last semester of Grad school. It will be over before you know it. YOu'll have so much free time you won't even know what to do with yourself. 



                #5208 shugapop1

                shugapop1
                • Member
                • 868 posts

                  Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:55 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by MrsPeele2B 

                  I'm hanging in there... After reading the boards I've decided to change my TA. So that's a little stressful. I'm not sure how that's going to affect my wedding date. i'm just trying to get through the weekend. Congrats on your last semester of Grad school. It will be over before you know it. YOu'll have so much free time you won't even know what to do with yourself. 

                   

                  I can give you my TA name and #. I live in Atlanta, and she's in NC but she's wonderful, i've used her in the past several times. been going through her for almost 10 years so i know i can trust her. she works for Travel Leaders in Jacksonville Nc(where camp lejeune marine corp base is) It used to be Carlosn Wagonlit(they've always been reputable)

                  #5209 niknic456

                  niknic456
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 184 posts

                    Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:56 AM

                    These are pics of my ring from the night he proposed....It's funny because after being with him for 4 yrs he didn't know my ring size, he thought I was a size 4 and I couldn't event get my ring on....

                     

                    If anyone in NJ or NY needs a jeweler my guy is awesome...my ring appraised for $22k of course my FI did not pay that amount...I also purchased a necklace for my dress that was $4,900 but my jeweler sold it to us for $2,500.... AND my FI had to have a custom made ring and it was only $1,500 with 1ct of diamonds  AMAZING DEAL!!!!

                     

                    *

                     

                    *

                     

                    My FI's custom made ring

                     

                    My wedding day necklace



                    #5210 niknic456

                    niknic456
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 184 posts

                      Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:10 AM

                      Originally Posted by MrsPeele2B 

                      I'm hanging in there... After reading the boards I've decided to change my TA. So that's a little stressful. I'm not sure how that's going to affect my wedding date. i'm just trying to get through the weekend. Congrats on your last semester of Grad school. It will be over before you know it. YOu'll have so much free time you won't even know what to do with yourself. 


                       I went through destinationweddings.com and it only cost $50 and from there the TA gets paid commissions by the hotel. I also got an awesome rate for my guest. The packages for NOW Sapphire ranged from $390pp for Fri-Sun, $586pp for Fri-Mon great deal for all luxury resort....but they work with all resorts but of course if you select their preferred resort you get lots of perks like for every 5 rooms booked you get 1 room free, we've booked so many rooms that we will end up staying for free which is awesome!

                      Attached Files






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users