Jump to content
beachbride14

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

Recommended Posts

I Here's my plan regarding my FI last name. I don't have a middle name so I'm making my last name my middle name and his my last name... Does that make sense? Lol
Totally... I considered doing that also.. Except I have a middle name so I would drop that. Options Options Options HAHA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NOT changing my name. I'm one of three girls and we're the last ones in my family with our last name. Our father passed away at a young age when I was just a kid so I want to keep our family name in honor of him. I told my FI and he is OK with it because of my dad. However, he does prefer that I change it. He tries to guilt me (only half serious) by saying "don't you want to have the same last name as our kids?" My reply is that we're not any less of a family just because we have different last names.
That's sweet keeping family name going. I'm not planning on changing my name. We disagree on this. He's still trying to convince me as well as his dad who says there's no way im not changing name. I even said I will hyphenate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I went in there knowing that i wanted an Allure gown. If it's your first time dress shopping, be aware that it's not a champagne glass experience. There are a lot of brides there looking for their dresses also. I would recommend going during the week days. I enjoyed my experience as I was put off by Pronovias AND David's Bridal's salesgirls being upset that I didn't immediately purchase the first dress. I fell in love with a White By Vera gown after I had gone in there with my mom for her dress. When I didn't immediately buy the dress, I got serious attitude. Needless to say Im getting a knockoff Vera. I cant see myself spending $1500 lol
Wow really. They shouldn't put that kind of pressure on brides..pressure might have you choose wrong Dress

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
so glad to hear you say that! Every time people hear me say "I don't like grass" they look at me like I'm nuts! haha I also don't like standing on grass with shoes on either. All this talk about sandals .. I just came back from Aldo and bought 3 pairs! They are having a huge sale! I just bought casual summer sandals but they did have cute fancier ones with sparkles etc that aren't too expensive. I may look into them when it comes to shopping for wedding sandals.
They are the weird ones..hahaha. Oh okay now have to check out aldo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Totally... I considered doing that also.. Except I have a middle name so I would drop that. Options Options Options HAHA
Sounds like I'm a minority on this but I've always planned on and wanted to change my last name. I feel bad because there's only girls in my generation and I'm the last to get married, but my Dad is very traditional like me, so he doesn't mind. Regardless, it's a personal decision and any and everything is accepted today!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by MissJali View Post

 

I went in there knowing that i wanted an Allure gown. If it's your first time dress shopping, be aware that it's not a champagne glass experience. There are a lot of brides there looking for their dresses also. I would recommend going during the week days. I enjoyed my experience as I was put off by Pronovias AND David's Bridal's salesgirls being upset that I didn't immediately purchase the first dress. I fell in love with a White By Vera gown after I had gone in there with my mom for her dress. When I didn't immediately buy the dress, I got serious attitude. Needless to say Im getting a knockoff Vera. I cant see myself spending $1500 lol

Ohh I love Allure dresses too! A couple of their styles are my top favs. I heard bad things about David's ... I was planning on going there anyway just to try on different styles to get a better idea of what looks good. I am not one who can make a decision right away (especially something as important as this) so I will probably hop around from store to store. Have you heard of Lotus Bridal in Brooklyn? It's far but has great reviews.

Originally Posted by RaynDrop View Post

 

 

Yeah I am probably going to give the guy ties to wear as part of my dress code package... I sorta of feel bad if its super hot... but oh well LOL

good point Thanks!

That is a sweet way to keep your family name going! I still haven't made my mind up either way.. I think this will be something that I just end up deciding on when the time comes to sign the papers. I have strong feelings for both ways undecided.gif

Will it still be hot in October in St. Lucia? That was one of the things my FI was being a pain in the butt about - he says it will be too hot to wear a tie. But I was at my cousin;'s wedding in Jamaica in May, it wasn't bad during their sunset ceremony. The groom wore a longsleeve (not sure if cotton or linen) shirt with a vest and tie and it was fine. The sun wasn't as strong then so he should be OK

Originally Posted by happywife View Post

 

Same here, we are having a smaller wedding and our only bridal party will be our daughters :)

That's so sweet

Originally Posted by Lori Granados View Post

 

 

I

 

Here's my plan regarding my FI last name. I don't have a middle name so I'm making my last name my middle name and his my last name... Does that make sense? Lol

That's a great idea and why my cousin did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by hclibby1982 View Post

 

 

Sounds like I'm a minority on this but I've always planned on and wanted to change my last name.

I feel bad because there's only girls in my generation and I'm the last to get married, but my Dad is very traditional like me, so he doesn't mind. Regardless, it's a personal decision and any and everything is accepted today!!

I agree that everything is accepted and to each their own!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
    • Flower girl dresses tend to follow the latest trends in bridal party and thanks for sharing Great website that provide  good collection & services with affordable price .
  • Topics

×