What Wedding Website Did you Use and Why?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jriftin

• 28 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:17 PM

Hi Ladies,

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on which (free or cheap) website to use as our Wedding Site?  I see different ones out there, but am wondering if you have a favorite?

#2 sswed13

• 178 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:53 AM

Hi jriftin,

Making our wedding website was a lot of fun. We used weddingwire.com. My fiance even helped with selecting things to put on the site, and was very hands on in the creation.  I looked into making one with theknot, and found weddingwire to be more user friendly. Also, its free, and you also can make a personal free weblink. Weddingwire is very easy to use. I liked how you could personalize the webpage, background, colors etc. We were able to add pictures and customize each page layout. We were able to add different pages and create our RSVP on the website. There was also tonnes more that I used with wedding wire. for example, I compiled my guest list using their setup, and then used their features to import everyone's address. Such a fantastic tool!

Good luck with your website creation

#3 shannonmarie

• 683 posts
      • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
      • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:43 AM

I am also using wedding wire for most of the same reasons sswed13 said. It's very user friendly too! I love it.

62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!

#4 Shay4966

• Site Supporter
      • 262 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:08 AM

I also used wedding wire, they seem to have everything including connections to other apps and registry's. 

#5 ChocoTaco7568

• 955 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:35 AM

We used weddingwindow.com.  It was free, easy to use/navigate, great site options and themes, multiple RSVP event options for your guest and a few other tools, which I didn't bother using but may be handy for other brides.

#6 ANGELA2013

• 312 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:11 AM

I used wedding window, it was super easy to use and had lots of features and lots of options to customize which was really important to me. They have free options but I paid for mine and got a custom domain name which I felt was worth the cost.

If you want you can check out my site, www.angandjay.com

#7 jriftin

• 28 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:56 AM

After a LOT of research, decided to pay a little $ (only $149 for the year) and use eWeddings.com.  It has some great choices for templates and lots of flexibility.  Also pretty easy to use. 

Money well spent!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users