Photo

Pictures in water wearing wedding dress?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 FIFAbride

FIFAbride
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:52 PM

We are saying our vows on the beach in Bora Bora.  I'm considering if I want to take my last few pics in the water.  Thoughts?  Has anyone done this?

#2 shaeshae18

shaeshae18
    • Banned
    • 153 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:47 PM

I've seen those - they're called TTD or Trash the Dress shoots.  LOVE the idea. 

-S

#3 WendyWendy

WendyWendy
      • 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

I am doing a TTD session and can't wait! The only thing is that I will be doing mine session the day after the wedding as I want to be able to wear my dress all night long. My dress isn't exactly beach friendly and Im sure it will be completely ruined afterwards but, I will have a lot more fun looking at the pictures in the future then staring at my dress in a dusty box :)

#4 Jber713

Jber713
        • 179 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:57 PM

I jumped in the pool at the end of the night. It was a saltwater pool and my dress was perfect after hanging it outside the next day.

IMG_1424.JPG

IMG_1425.JPG

IMG_1430.JPG

IMG_1433.JPG

Jen

#5 FIFAbride

FIFAbride
          • 97 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:01 PM

Cool.  Thanks for the info.  You look like you had fun swimming in your dress.

#6 AquaCait

AquaCait
            • 209 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:10 AM

My dress was so dirty after walking around the resort, on the beach, etc. and it came out beautifully after our TTD (and I did a full face-plant in the water...).  We were rolling in the surf-line, about knee- to waist-deep in the water in some of the shots...

Now, if you are planning on doing those shots on the same day (most TTD are the day after), my only warning to you is the weight of your dress easily triples once the bottom of the skirt gets wet and sand-filled...

My dress also came out nicely because of the fabric that it's made with (mine was a chiffon).  If your dress is a silk or taffeta, then don't do it.  You will literally trash your dress...

Here's some pics to help...

DSC_2043.jpgDSC_2045.jpgDSC_2197.jpgDSC_2114.jpgDSC_2200.jpg

#7 shaeshae18

shaeshae18
              • Banned
              • 153 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Jber713 

I jumped in the pool at the end of the night. It was a saltwater pool and my dress was perfect after hanging it outside the next day.

@Jber - where is your dress from?? I love it!

-S

#8 Jber713

Jber713
                • 179 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:20 PM

Thank you!! It was absolutely perfect and I LOVED how the bottom flowed lightly in the beach breeze. My dress is an Allure Exclusive Edition from House of Brides. It's an unadvertised edition so you won't find it on the Allure website or House of Brides website... I actually couldn't find it anywhere so I contacted Allure directly and they sent me pics of it and explained that to me. If you check out my profile you can see the model pics of it. Or send me your email and I'll send you pics of me wearing it out of the water also.

Jen

#9 AlisonDawn

AlisonDawn
                  • 57 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:47 PM

We had an underwater TTD shoot the day after our wedding (in a cenote) and we are SO glad we did it. The pictures turned out beautiful and we have such amazing memories of the day! It was SO fun!

My dress was silk, and the bottom of it definitely got trashed, but that was because of walking in dirt and on sharp rocks! It was a little hard to swim at first, as my dress got very heavy, but so worth it! I say go for it! Especially in Bora Bora with all the fish surrounding you!

Alison+Calvin_T_0100.jpgAlison+Calvin_T_0102.jpgAlison+Calvin_T_0106.jpgAlison+Calvin_T_0136.jpgAlison+Calvin_T_0151.jpgAlison+Calvin_T_0112.jpgAlison+Calvin_T_0118.jpgAlison+Calvin_T_0133.jpgAlison+Calvin_T_0141.jpg

#10 sswed13

sswed13
                    • 178 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:46 AM

It looks like so much fun. I can't wait for our TTD day :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users