Photo

My Mexico/beach wedding DIYs - post yours for inspiration!

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#61 jordanb

jordanb
  • 185 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

Next up, centerpieces (and apologies for the crappily-lit, poor background cell phone photography). That's why I am so glad I have the professionals taking care of the final shots at the wedding. I may only be an intermediate crafter, but my pictures don't do any of this stuff justice!

I am skipping a lot of flowers at my ceremony (it'll be dark for most of my January evening beach reception anyway), and am doing beachy lanterns as the centerpieces. These will be surrounded by all white shells, and menus, placecards, and maracas will add pops of color. I bought the lanterns at Ikea for $7 each (getting them to MX will be the biggest challenge). I also bought the white pillar candles at Ikea for $3.50 each, then wrapped them in a ribbon and raffia, and attached a white finger starfish. Should add some nice light to the tables under the stars (and will save me gobs of cash over flowers)!

What: Mexican beach wedding extravaganza

When: January 18, 2013

Where: The Royal Playa Del Carmen

Who: Soon-to-be Mr. & Mrs. Sprague; 50+ guests; del Sol Photography

Check out our wedding photos sneak peek from Del Sol: http://delsolphotogr...n-destinatio...

#62 jordanb

jordanb
    • 185 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:13 PM

I also made these fun senor and senorita signs for pictures and chairs (only missing is the accent mark - they don't make those in cutouts in America, it appears - not sure what I am going to do about that).

Check out our wedding photos sneak peek from Del Sol: http://delsolphotogr...n-destinatio...

#63 jordanb

jordanb
      • 185 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:16 PM

I've seen those cute "Bride" Victoria's Secret robes, and other similar gear for the getting ready photos. I thought about ordering the robe, but for $60 and something I'd only wear once, decided to DIY-it. I bought this satin robe at Walmart.com (they had white too, but I liked the "something blue), for $16. For another $15, I got some iron on rhinestone letters from Etsy. Instead of "bride," I did "Mrs. Sprague." Figured that was cute, and I could wear it on my honeymoon and beyond that way!

#64 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
        • 861 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:23 PM

i love the lanterns!!! i wanted to do something like that but no idea how to travel with em.

#65 jordanb

jordanb
          • 185 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

i love the lanterns!!! i wanted to do something like that but no idea how to travel with em.

It I'll be a bit of a pain, but it is literally saving me hundreds on centerpieces and I love he look. I can fit about 4-6 in a large carry on, so I think me and my FI can get most, and I will probably enlist a couple bridesmaids to take 1-2. I'll see if I'm ambitious enough I bring them back home :)

#66 safety75

safety75
            • 287 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:22 PM

Love the lanterns, love the se±or and se±orita signs, love the robes!!:-)

#67 jordanb

jordanb
              • 185 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:07 AM

Thanks, ladies!

#68 Speckles121

Speckles121
                • 720 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:11 AM

LOVE the robe..such a good idea and for half the cost!

#69 chago3

chago3
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 11 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

Cute!

#70 Katryne

Katryne
                    • 260 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:01 AM

Everything looks awesome!!  Don't forget to bring your glue gun to MX in case something falls!  And best of luck bringing it all down there! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users