Barefoot Sandals for OOT bags!!

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#41 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
  • 861 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Blujaye 

I was in Michaels today in search of the muslin bags which I found (thank you Dazeldawl:) and I found a few stamps on sale. One had a nice quote that I thought was perfect for the bags "Play in the warmth of the sun. Dance in the light of the moon". I know a few of you were looking for a poem so I thought I'd share :)

Awesome! What kind of stamps did you find to use on the bags?? That poem is lovely but i think i'm gonna try to think of something that references the feet... lol so people know what they are for.  I just picked up some more beads to day to start working on the pairs for my bridesmaids and flowergirl.

#42 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
    • 861 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by pjmendoza 

Great job Dazeydawl!

I tried making them for my girls and once i had the flower girl try it on it busted. I was so mad! It's very time consuming so I'm sticking with buying them. LOL.

Yours look great!

That sucks that it broke!!! Did you use the stretchy bead cord? And did you use bead glue to glue the knots? You have to make sure to glue the knots because stretch cord is plastic it doesnt like to stay knotted if it isnt glued.. I stretched mine out alot and they have yet to snap.

#43 erinmc

erinmc
      • 284 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Dazeydawl 

Hey erinmc!!!

They really are super easy to make. You need some seed beads (which are really small beads), some larger decorative beads, stretchy bead cord (.5mm), and some bead glue for glueing the knots so it doesnt come undone. Start with about 2ft of the cord and hold each end in each hand (so a big U shape). Bead about 50 beads on one side of the U, they will all fall together at the bottom, this will make your toe loop. Then put both ends of the string together and bead a couple seed beads (or you can use your decorative beads) so that both ends of the string goes through the hole in the bead (known as double stringing). you can play with double stringing and single stringing the beads to make your pattern that goes up the top of your foot, measure as you go so you know how long to make it. Once its long enough separate the two ends once again and single string the beads on both sides until its long enough to go around your ankle then tie off, i double knot it. Then use a couple drop of the bead glue on the knot and when dry trim the excess string.

Hope that helps!!

Thanks Dazeydawl!!! Now just to get the supplies, and find the time to make them!!

#44 tiffles24

tiffles24
        • 151 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:23 PM

Super cute idea!!

#45 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
          • 670 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

Hey Dazey

Soo... Im getting started making these babies, and Im running into some issues. Im wondering what mm beading/elastic your using. It seems my .8 is too big to fit through like, almost ANY of the beads I have bought :/ the single strand is fine, I run into trouble when I have to try to get both sides through to run up the foot. I cant really find any of the accent pretty beads with large enough holes.  I tried getting bigger beads and then smaller elastic, and have even tried a beading needle. Any ideas?

#46 Cherina

Cherina
            • Banned
            • 636 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

Do you know where I can find a tutorial for these??? I want to do them but I am visual person. Great job!

2.14.14 I can not wait to marry my very best friend ... Again!

#47 agm04

agm04
              • 548 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Tulumbride2013 

Hey Dazey

Soo... Im getting started making these babies, and Im running into some issues. Im wondering what mm beading/elastic your using. It seems my .8 is too big to fit through like, almost ANY of the beads I have bought :/ the single strand is fine, I run into trouble when I have to try to get both sides through to run up the foot. I cant really find any of the accent pretty beads with large enough holes.  I tried getting bigger beads and then smaller elastic, and have even tried a beading needle. Any ideas?

I originally bought .5mm string and had the same problem.  I think I eventually found .25 mm (= .10 inch, bought on amazon) and that seems to work, even with beads with tiny holes.  Good luck!

#48 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
                • 670 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:47 AM

Thanks for this! We're the sandals flimsy which such small thread? I will definitely be looking into it!

#49 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
                  • 861 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:52 AM

Hey Dazey Soo... Im getting started making these babies, and Im running into some issues. Im wondering what mm beading/elastic your using. It seems my .8 is too big to fit through like, almost ANY of the beads I have bought :/ the single strand is fine, I run into trouble when I have to try to get both sides through to run up the foot. I cant really find any of the accent pretty beads with large enough holes.  I tried getting bigger beads and then smaller elastic, and have even tried a beading needle. Any ideas?

Hey tulumbride. Sorry for the late response. I used .5mm. I was scared the .25mm would be too thin and break easily. I also ran into the same problem with the holes being too small for double stringing. Especially with the pearls. How I solved that problem was fairly simple but might be hard to explain but I'll try. All I did was tie one of the side of cord to the other. So near the top of the two strings wrap one side of the cord to the other and tie a knot. Then bead the head over one end and you have to pull fairly hard but pull the knot through the hole. Once the knot is through your bead will be double stringed. I'll try to post pics in the next couple days.

#50 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
                    • 861 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

Do you know where I can find a tutorial for these??? I want to do them but I am visual person. Great job!

Hey Cherina. I have some more to make so my next pair I'll try and do step by step pictures. It might be a few days however.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users