Photo

Barefoot Sandals for OOT bags!!

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
  • 861 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

Ok so i decided i wanted to make barefoot sandals for my OOT bags for all the women. I've finnished two pairs and even though i still have about 15 pairs to go i was to excited and wanted to post what i have so far! Don't mind the bad pic it was the best i could get. Please let me know what you think or what i can do to improve

photo.JPG

#2 JayKay

JayKay
    • 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:32 PM

Those are so cute!! I'm sure your guests will love them.

#3 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
    • 1,350 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:45 AM

Those are super cute!!!.. I'm too am sure your guests will love them!

#4 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
      • 861 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:02 AM

Thanks ladies!!! I also have dark purple seed beads to work with. I'm keeping all the pairs within the 4 colors I have (crystal or pearl, pink, purple and the brown) and just slightly switching up the beading patterns! I think I'll do a dark purple with ivory pearls tonight

#5 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
        • 1,350 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:17 AM

That sounds super cute!!  But pink and pearls sound even better! (Pink is my fav color) hehe  :o) Now I'm gonna have to go search for me some of these. :o) I don't think I'm as crafty as you to actually make my own.

#6 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
          • 861 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:35 AM

Haha I'm really NOT a crafty person! All I've learned I've learned from this forum (shout out thanks to BDW!) but they are super easy to make! I got all supplies from micheals (40% off) you just need stretchy beading cord some seed beads then your decorative beads. Start with about 2ft of cord and hold both ends in your fingers ( like a big u shape) Bead the seed beads over one end of the string (about 50 beads) then have both strings go through the bead, this makes your toe loop at the bottom. Then use your decorative beads to go up the foot alternating between single stringing and double stringing the beads to make your pattern then separate the two ends and single string the beads on both sides to go around your ankle. Hope that make sense!!

#7 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
            • 1,350 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:31 AM

Def makes sense!!.. Thanks for sharing! I might actually have to try this. :o)

#8 Blujaye

Blujaye
              • Site Supporter
              • 96 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:38 AM

Great job! Michaels had a good deal last week with the beads, I scooped up a few more in different colors. I've made a few as well for my bridal party which is really small and I'll be making some more for my mom, MIL, siblings and nieces. It becomes a little addicting I find. I'm far from crafty but the instructions I found on here by another bride (Sunset Love, thank you!). Keep up the good work. I'll try to post a few of mine when I get a chance.
                Marrying my best friend on October 6th, 2012 at the Riu Ocho Rios!!

#9 JayKay

JayKay
                • 3,472 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

Wow, this makes it sound a bit easier then it looks!!

Originally Posted by Dazeydawl 

Haha I'm really NOT a crafty person! All I've learned I've learned from this forum (shout out thanks to BDW!) but they are super easy to make! I got all supplies from micheals (40% off) you just need stretchy beading cord some seed beads then your decorative beads. Start with about 2ft of cord and hold both ends in your fingers ( like a big u shape) Bead the seed beads over one end of the string (about 50 beads) then have both strings go through the bead, this makes your toe loop at the bottom. Then use your decorative beads to go up the foot alternating between single stringing and double stringing the beads to make your pattern then separate the two ends and single string the beads on both sides to go around your ankle. Hope that make sense!!

#10 SunsetLove

SunsetLove
                • 156 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dazeydawl 

Ok so i decided i wanted to make barefoot sandals for my OOT bags for all the women. I've finnished two pairs and even though i still have about 15 pairs to go i was to excited and wanted to post what i have so far! Don't mind the bad pic it was the best i could get. Please let me know what you think or what i can do to improve

Great job! Michaels had a good deal last week with the beads, I scooped up a few more in different colors.
                  I've made a few as well for my bridal party which is really small and I'll be making some more for my mom, MIL, siblings and nieces. It becomes a little addicting I find. I'm far from crafty but the instructions I found on here by another bride (Sunset Love, thank you!).
                  Keep up the good work. I'll try to post a few of mine when I get a chance.

Thanks for the love :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users