Photo

October signature picture challenge

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#1 TammyB

TammyB
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 08:59 AM

Just wanted to remind everyone that starting Monday the 1st is the new signature theme for October. October is anything related to Halloween, IE pictures of your pets dressed up, maybe you and DH dressed up, what about an old picture of you when you were a kid going out tricker treating.

Let's make this fun in hopes more people particapate, how about a contest?

Rules:
    *One halloween themed signature photo (no collages)
    *Picture should be of your fur babies, neices/nephews, children, you as a child, hubby as a child, or you and hubby
    *Winner of the October theme will receive:
    * 1st place winner will receive 3000 points
    * 2nd place winner will receive 1500 points
    * 3rd place winner will receive 500 points
    *Voting will be done the first Monday of the last full week of the month, (IE October voting will begin on the 22nd)

If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the mods.

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 09:07 AM

Dang it's October already.....I swear time is speeding up! I'll post a pic of my pooch dressed as a pumpkin on Monday, my mom guards my childhood photos with her life otherwise I'd post those.

#3 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
      • VIP Member
      • 2,347 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 09:08 AM

I was thinking about this---- wouldn't it be cool if the challenge was a contest every month? Everyone could submit the pic of their siggy in a post, then everyone could vote on it, and the person could win something---- like points or something. It could be a great thing for newbies to get them more active on the forum and give them a chance at some points (as opposed to the lottery, where Ann and Beachbride are the only ones who win! hehehe, just had to throw that in there!).

#4 TammyB

TammyB
        • 10,630 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 09:14 AM

We actually thought about that, but never really decided to do it. I know the concerns were that some people are better at making sig pictures then others so we didn't want someone to be dismissed because they weren't good at that sort of thing. But maybe the mods can revisit this question and I'll let you know.

#5 LisaG

LisaG
          • VIP Member
          • 7,839 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 09:23 AM

Man my hubby does not dress up for Halloween. We have pics of us "at" a Halloween party...but not dressed up. BUT all the people around us were =) hummmm...maybe we can dress Dirk up. He would love that!

#6 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
            • VIP Member
            • 2,347 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 09:32 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by TammyB
              We actually thought about that, but never really decided to do it. I know the concerns were that some people are better at making sig pictures then others so we didn't want someone to be dismissed because they weren't good at that sort of thing. But maybe the mods can revisit this question and I'll let you know.
              Maybe use 2 different categories---- contest for those who use professional software (Powerpoint, Illustrator, Photoshop, Lumipix, etc...) and those that are just photos without using any software to ramp up the presentation. I know this is going to offend people--- but honestly, I think some voting situations are just popularity contests--- and I think that could help level the playing field too...

#7 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 09:34 AM

Or we could limit it to only one picture to be used? that way it keeps things fair.

#8 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 11:08 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by MikkiStreak
                  I was thinking about this---- wouldn't it be cool if the challenge was a contest every month? Everyone could submit the pic of their siggy in a post, then everyone could vote on it, and the person could win something---- like points or something. It could be a great thing for newbies to get them more active on the forum and give them a chance at some points (as opposed to the lottery, where Ann and Beachbride are the only ones who win! hehehe, just had to throw that in there!).
                  hey - i had a pretty big dry spell there for a while! lol

#9 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,861 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 11:11 AM

Personally I think just because people are using fancy software it doesnt mean their pic is better. Someone may have 1 picture that is amazing or they may use a program and make an awesome siggy. I think it would be lots of fun to vote for the best each month, and I really dont think anyone would get too upset if someone with a really well made siggy pic won. Thats JMO though!

#10 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 10,366 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 11:12 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by MikkiStreak
                      hey... yeah me too, I am not wining anymore, Ann totally took the luck back, lol...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users