Jump to content

Photo

DIYs for June wedding at Le Reve - Playa del Carmen (with Pics!)


  • Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#31 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
  • Member
  • 861 posts

    Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

    Love all the pics! Everything turned out lovely. Where did you get your frames? I love them



    #32 elissae

    elissae
    • Member
    • 631 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
    • LocationClifton Park, NY

    Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:45 AM

    Congratulations on your wedding!

     

    Everything is so beautiful.  It came together so perfectly!

     

    I love your DIY Projects, especially the straws!  I am in the process of my own DIY Project of drink stirriers/straws and having trouble finding the right ones.  Can you or your "husband" (great job hubby!)  provide some more detail...like where you purchased the straws from?  Any template for the flags, etc.   

     

    I bought some labels for my flags, but may go the paper route instead....any insight you could give would be wonderful!  

     

    Thank you for sharing!!!


    Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.


    #33 allieplask

    allieplask
    • Jr. Member
    • 177 posts

      Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:00 PM

      InkLineDesign has really cute straws on Etsy.. We ordered ours from there and plan to use a stamp for the flags to customize.  We also ordered custom stamps from RubberStampChamp - they were great and well priced.

       

      All the DIY stuff is so cute though!  Did you travel with the matches to Mexico? We wanted to do matches too but I didn't think we could bring them on the plane with us?


      wedding website: www.allienick.com


      #34 elissae

      elissae
      • Member
      • 631 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
      • LocationClifton Park, NY

      Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:51 AM

      Originally Posted by allieplask 

      InkLineDesign has really cute straws on Etsy.. We ordered ours from there and plan to use a stamp for the flags to customize.  We also ordered custom stamps from RubberStampChamp - they were great and well priced.

       

      All the DIY stuff is so cute though!  Did you travel with the matches to Mexico? We wanted to do matches too but I didn't think we could bring them on the plane with us?

      Thanks for the lead on the straws....I will check them out!!


      Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.


      #35 mrspfafftobe

      mrspfafftobe
      • Newbie
      • 58 posts

        Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:52 AM

        Originally Posted by Dazeydawl 

        Love all the pics! Everything turned out lovely. Where did you get your frames? I love them


        Hi Dazeydawl - We got our frames from Michael's. They always have great 50% off coupons and sales. :)



        #36 LCB803

        LCB803
        • Newbie
        • 89 posts

          Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

          mrspfafftobe-- great job! I love all your DIY projects and the personal touches. Congrats! 



          #37 LCB803

          LCB803
          • Newbie
          • 89 posts

            Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

            Since everyone in this threat seems to be crafty, does anyone know how to stamp or imprint a logo onto fabric (specifically, jute or canvas)??

             

            Thanks!!



            #38 Arch713

            Arch713
            • Jr. Member
            • 161 posts

              Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

              Thank you so much for sharing! How did you do the place cards. They are so darn cute! Congratulations!

              #39 mrspfafftobe

              mrspfafftobe
              • Newbie
              • 58 posts

                Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

                Originally Posted by Arch713 

                Thank you so much for sharing!
                How did you do the place cards. They are so darn cute!
                Congratulations!


                Hi Arch713 - Thanks! We got the images of the fish, chicken and cow from our RSVP cards that we had designed. (See our invitations here: http://www.bestdesti...ns-lots-of-pics) We enlarged the image in Adobe Illustrator and then typed each name on top with white text. We had to adjust sizing and spacing to make sure everyone's name fit, so unfortunately you can't do just a mail merge. We bought the kraft place cards from www.paperpresentation.com and printed them at home. I'm not going to lie, the thick stock and small size made the cards VERY hard to print on a home printer. It took a lot of adjustments with the paper and print settings to get them to go through right. Hope that helps and let me know if you have any more questions.

                 

                Step by step tutorial for the paper straws coming soon!



                #40 mrspfafftobe

                mrspfafftobe
                • Newbie
                • 58 posts

                  Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

                  Originally Posted by elissae 

                  Congratulations on your wedding!

                   

                  Everything is so beautiful.  It came together so perfectly!

                   

                  I love your DIY Projects, especially the straws!  I am in the process of my own DIY Project of drink stirriers/straws and having trouble finding the right ones.  Can you or your "husband" (great job hubby!)  provide some more detail...like where you purchased the straws from?  Any template for the flags, etc.   

                   

                  I bought some labels for my flags, but may go the paper route instead....any insight you could give would be wonderful!  

                   

                  Thank you for sharing!!!


                  Hi elissae! Thanks so much for your comments! The projects were so fun and really made the wedding details feel completely "ours". Here is a step by step guide to making the flags for the paper straws. Luckily he took pictures of every step!! We bought the straws from Etsy from a seller named HeyYoYo. I just looked and unfortunately they aren't on Etsy anymore but many other shops sells the same/similar straws. The paper was purchased from www.paperpresetnation.com.

                   

                  Step 1: Arrange type/design on the attached template called ATTACHMENT 1. I think you'll need Adobe Illustrator to be able to open it and make changes. Copy the first line all the way down the page so it fills up an 8.5 x 11" page. See ATTACHMENT 2.

                   

                   

                   

                   

                   

                   

                  Step 2: Using a paper cutter, trim out rectangular flags using the vertical and horizontal trim marks on the template.

                   

                   

                  Step 3: Place a strip of double-sided tape along the entire backside of the rectangular flag.

                   

                   

                  Step 4: Fold the flag in half pressing the ends together. Slide the flag onto the straw and secure it at the desired position with the tape. Press the paper together tightly around the straw.

                   

                   

                   

                   

                  Step 5: Once the flag is secured, cut out a V in the end using the trim mark as a guide.

                   

                   

                   

                  Step 6: Repeat many, many times!

                   

                  As I said my husband did this entire project, but it looked fun and relatively simple! Any questions just let me know :)






                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users