Photo

DIYs for June wedding at Le Reve - Playa del Carmen (with Pics!)

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 mrspfafftobe

mrspfafftobe
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:38 AM

Hi Everyone! My wedding is coming up FAST and my fiance and I have started some DIY projects for the big day. We are proud of them so I wanted to share with everyone for ideas and inspiration!  You will see our monogram a lot which will be everywhere at the wedding - including projected onto the dance floor :) :)

Dinner menus (this isn't the final version/wording but you get the idea)

IMG_0879.JPG

Matches for our cigar bar - we met on match.com so we incorporated their logo.

IMG_0880.JPG

IMG_0881.JPG

We are using kraft paper everywhere in our wedding, so we decided to go with kraft paper welcome bags. We really wanted to give out cloth totes, but I think these turned out great and they were a much more economical option. We designed a custom rubber stamp and I hand stamped both sides of 50+ bags.

IMG_0885.JPG

Since the stamp was an investment (around $50) we wanted to find another use for it. We found online really cheap but sturdy paper coasters and we hand stamped about 150 of these. I can't wait to use them for our welcome cocktail party!!

IMG_0883.JPG

Here's a close up... I love the fact that every one will be a little different from variations in the ink. They're not perfect but I think the imperfection adds to the "rustic" feel of the wedding.

IMG_0882.JPG

Cute paper straws! I have to give all the credit to my fiance for these, he did this whole project start to finish - design to execution - on his own (300 straws!)....

IMG_0886.JPG

"Too much sun, too much fun" kit for our welcome bags

IMG_0887.JPG

Hope you enjoy! Let me know if you have questions or are looking for sources - we got everything online for very reasonable prices :)

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:30 PM

Wow, very impressive!!  What great ideas and execution.  Your menu sounds yummy.  Well done!

#3 mrlddst

mrlddst
      • 222 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

Everything looks great so far.  How will the cigar bar be set up?

Its done.....you can read my planning journal or the review...long over due.

http://www.bestdesti...ego-bay-jamaica

#4 2ndtimesacharm

2ndtimesacharm
        • Banned
        • 100 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:50 AM

Everything is really pretty!  I love the menus and the stamp is fantastic.  Good job!

Azul Sensatori ~ June 26, 2012

#5 mrspfafftobe

mrspfafftobe
          • 58 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:18 PM

Thanks! We are going to set up the cigar bar away from our indoor reception space on the beach bar at Le Reve. We are just going to lay out the cigars we ordered on the bar along with all of the supplies - matches/lighters, cutter (not sure if that's the right word?) etc.  We aren't having a cigar roller - ours is pretty low key. We are also making a cute framed sign which details what kinds of cigars you can choose from - as soon as it's done I'll post a picture!

#6 Peach

Peach
            • 1,293 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:39 PM

I was just wondering where you found the paper coasters?

#7 mrspfafftobe

mrspfafftobe
              • 58 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

We bought the coasters on eBay from a seller named drivingbo¬≠ardgamer. They have a bunch of different quantities available at great prices! 

#8 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
                • 861 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:47 PM

Wow! Love it!!! Love the design on your menus.. so nice

#9 kmiller8609

kmiller8609
                  • 151 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:56 PM

Wow, i love your menu!! and the craft paper bags... i've been contemplating over what to use for welcome gifts!

#10 mrspfafftobe

mrspfafftobe
                    • 58 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:41 PM

Here are some more pictures of recent DIY projects:

Simple place cards with meal choice:

IMG_0930.JPG

Fish, Steak or Chicken? (These match the pictures on our RSVP cards)

IMG_0929.JPG

Some framed signs we made.... for our guest book, cigar bar, and alcohol bar respectively....

IMG_0928.JPG

Up close of one of the frames. It's hard to see in the picture but there is a transparent background design on the picture.

IMG_0927.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users