Photo

Future In-Laws - How involved?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 IRIEGIRL

IRIEGIRL
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:51 AM

My inlaws are extremely annoying especially the mother. I think she is jealous of  me because my fiance is her only son. She is all peaches of cream infront of my face but behind my back she is not so nice. She does some things that would make me want to argue but out of respect for my fiance I just keep my cool.

#12 johnnmakenzie11

johnnmakenzie11
    • 157 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:26 PM

I tried to involve my future MIL simply because she doesn't have a daughter. Then she decided (6 months before our wedding) to get married (to a man she has only known for about 9 months) A MONTH BEFORE US!!!!! uhhhhh.... she is insane and rude and selfish. she has not idea that it maight even sort of be offensive. no clue....

So if you have a sane MIL, you should thank your lucky stars :)

#13 traceysteve

traceysteve
      • 328 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:23 PM

I'm thanking my lucky stars then...

#14 JayKay

JayKay
        • 3,472 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
        • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:19 PM

Me too!!

Originally Posted by traceysteve 

I'm thanking my lucky stars then...

#15 delgadot

delgadot
        • 284 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by johnnmakenzie11 

I tried to involve my future MIL simply because she doesn't have a daughter. Then she decided (6 months before our wedding) to get married (to a man she has only known for about 9 months) A MONTH BEFORE US!!!!! uhhhhh.... she is insane and rude and selfish. she has not idea that it maight even sort of be offensive. no clue....

So if you have a sane MIL, you should thank your lucky stars :)

Wow that is crazy!! I would have been so upset!!

My future in laws are not involved in our wedding at all!  They dont ask any questions about it. They are not happy with our decision to do a destination wedding but my mom is not that thrilled either but she at least wants to be involved and is taking the "I am going to make the best of it attitude" and I love her for that! My future in-laws want us to at least have an AHR when we get back and I turned and said "ok great idea but who is going to pay for that?" and all you heard was crickets....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users