Photo

Sugar starfish help-

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Antigua14

Antigua14
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:30 PM

HI ladies. I am looking for sugar starfish to make decorations for the ceremony.  The problem is I don't know what's a good price.  I need 12  8-10" starfish. I looked at some sites as well as ebay. I did find one seller on ebay for $45.99 OBO.  Is that a deal?  What do you think is an acceptable offer if I were to go with this seller?  You guys are the greatest can't wait to hear your input.

#2 redginger

redginger
    • 360 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:23 PM

Hi,

I think that is really quite expensive. I originally wanted sugar starfish too, but found very similar large pacific ocean starfish at Bamboo and Thatch. I got a dozen 8-10" starfish for about $18. The customer service and delivery were excellent.

HI ladies. I am looking for sugar starfish to make decorations for the ceremony.  The problem is I don't know what's a good price.  I need 12  8-10" starfish. I looked at some sites as well as ebay. I did find one seller on ebay for $45.99 OBO.  Is that a deal?  What do you think is an acceptable offer if I were to go with this seller?  You guys are the greatest can't wait to hear your input.

#3 Antigua14

Antigua14
      • 83 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

Thank you I will be sure to take a look.

#4 Antigua14

Antigua14
        • 83 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by redginger 

Hi,

I think that is really quite expensive. I originally wanted sugar starfish too, but found very similar large pacific ocean starfish at Bamboo and Thatch. I got a dozen 8-10" starfish for about $18. The customer service and delivery were excellent.

http://www.bambooand...p?cPath=664_737

Red Ginger, thank you for your heads up!  I ordered my starfish! The price was great but shipping to NY was expensive!

#5 l2koster

l2koster
          • 20 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Antigua14 

I ordered the 12 8-10" sugar starfish off Ebay for about $40, free shipping. I believe it was the same seller that you looked at, they just had multiple postings. I thought that was a really good deal until I read this thread!  But it may still be a good deal if the shipping at Bamboo and Thatch ends up being a lot.

#6 whatsup

whatsup
            • 110 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:58 AM

It's always shipping that kills the deal, for Canadian brides we have the added issue of duty! ugh

#7 Antigua14

Antigua14
              • 83 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:54 AM

I thought I would just post an update. This company is in California and I live NY. With shipping & tax it came a little under $30.  I just thought this might be helpful to someone. I'm still waiting for them but in my case it was cheaper then gong through Ebay. Thank you redginger!

#8 june92012

june92012
                • 151 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:42 AM

these are really cute!

#9 heather1214

heather1214
                  • 229 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

I also just ordered from Bamboo & Thatch.  I'll update you on the shipping costs to PA.  I ordered the same 8-10 inch starfish!

I hope they are decent! 

#10 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
                    • 381 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:02 AM

Hi, I think that is really quite expensive. I originally wanted sugar starfish too, but found very similar large pacific ocean starfish at Bamboo and Thatch. I got a dozen 8-10" starfish for about $18. The customer service and delivery were excellent. http://www.bambooand...p?cPath=664_737

Thanks for the website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users