Sign in to follow this  
BillysBride

Jewelry Problem/Question

I know I've got TONS of time to do all this...but I'd rather get everything picked out now, so that all I have to do is collect things and pay for them.

I found what I think is THE perfect necklace and bracelet to go with my dress. They are unusual and just what I had in mind to lend a kind of Mayan Princessy thing to my look. Problem is, the chain and mounting are in silver and my accent color is gold. The pic LOOKED gold to me...then I see the description with only silver listed.

I just can't find anything else even remotely like it. The necklace is two sided..I could wear either and it would pick up the chocolate/latte` color we're using as well as well as the creamy ivory. What can I do here?? I can't imagine any way to get the metal gold......here they are.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Ya...I spoke with them earlier..sterling silver only. I Googled "gold plating" though and it looks like maybe..just maybe I could get that done. I guess its an option if my heart is just truly set on this piece. They are out of stock on the bracelet too dangit. They say I'll have to check back at the end of October to see if they found anymore on their buying trips. Ugh. Figures..just my luck.

If anyone see's anything even remotely similar to these, can you please remember me?

Why not just buy a gold chain and put it on that? And with the bracelet, take it to a jewellery store and I am sure they can make a band to hold the jewel that is gold. Gold is not that expensive so I am sure you can find someone to make it for you for a relatively good price. Is that an option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesr View Post
Why not just buy a gold chain and put it on that? And with the bracelet, take it to a jewellery store and I am sure they can make a band to hold the jewel that is gold. Gold is not that expensive so I am sure you can find someone to make it for you for a relatively good price. Is that an option?
So, perhaps just buy the set, take it to a jewler and have them RE-set it in gold? Hmm...

The only problem with buying a gold chain for it is that the backing and loop are silver as well.

They only have the necklace in stock right now..so maybe I'll buy that, have it plated and see how I like it or if it can even be done. Then go from there. Ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillysBride View Post
So, perhaps just buy the set, take it to a jewler and have them RE-set it in gold? Hmm...

The only problem with buying a gold chain for it is that the backing and loop are silver as well.

They only have the necklace in stock right now..so maybe I'll buy that, have it plated and see how I like it or if it can even be done. Then go from there. Ugh.
I am sure the Jeweller can remake the backing and hoop as well. They just have to take out the stone and reset it. Maybe go and ask someone, bring a picture with you and see what they say and how much it will cost. I bet its not that much. I would not chance it and get the necklace first though, just in case.

Are they glass or stone? On ebay, there are a couple of glass blowers that make pendants. I'm working with one right now for starfish... you could show them pics and ask if they could make something similar :)

The description says "shell". The swirl pattern almost looks like a clam shell and for the price, I'd assume its authentic. I dunno....I'll hit the jeweler this next week or so. Or have Billy ask when he goes to get my stone mounted. He bought them seperate...says he has no confidence in his ability to pick out something I'll have to wear the rest of my life. hahaha