RAENJAY
  • 550 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 23, 2007
  • Wedding Location:RIU Cabo
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 05 November 2006 - 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSYGIRL
In the end I just want her to have a good time and feel so lucky that she will be there to celebrate with us - looking like a mother of the bride or not!
Very well put. I think I'll try and have a little talk & shopping spree while they are here for turkey day.
Stephanie & Jason ~ RIU Palace ~ Cabo San Lucas
June 23, 2007
Visit our wedding slideshow Stephanie & Jason
Photography by Jose "Pepe" Lima

#12 TammyB

TammyB
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 11:10 AM

Cain's Ma found a really pretty dress from Banana Republic, it's a silk halter top dress in blue, very pretty and perfect for the beach.

#13 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
    • 402 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 04:37 PM

edyta - wow, your mom's dress is gorgeous!!!
      MariaElena - 10/28/06
      Hilton / San Jose Catholic Church

#14 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
      • 402 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 04:39 PM

This is what my mom wore:

Designer: Alex Evenings (my mom really likes this designer and and wore it for my brother's wedding as well)
        Store: Nordstrom.com

Click the image to open in full size.

She had a hard time deciding on a dress so I took the liberty of ordering several online for her and then returned what she didn't like.
        MariaElena - 10/28/06

#15 RAENJAY

RAENJAY
        • 550 posts
        • Wedding Date:June 23, 2007
        • Wedding Location:RIU Cabo
        • LocationCharlotte

Posted 06 November 2006 - 08:33 PM

MariaElena - I love that dress, it looks so comfy.... And I love the color.

I can't wait (did I just say that?) for my mom to come down for Thanksgiving, and we can look around.
        Stephanie & Jason ~ RIU Palace ~ Cabo San Lucas
        June 23, 2007
        Visit our wedding slideshow Stephanie & Jason
        Photography by Jose "Pepe" Lima

#16 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
        • 402 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 08:40 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by RAENJAY
          MariaElena - I love that dress, it looks so comfy.... And I love the color.

I can't wait (did I just say that?) for my mom to come down for Thanksgiving, and we can look around.
          Stephanie, it will be a lot of fun for you to go shopping with your Mom. It's her big day too.

My mom found her dress very comfortable. I didn't want her to be too hot. Plus, the color went with the pink, yellow, and green that the bridal party wore. My mom lives out of state too so I understand how logistics can get complicated.
          MariaElena - 10/28/06

#17 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:29 PM

here is my moms dress for the stay at home reception....

it has a matching bolero jacket that was all beaded as well.Click the image to open in full size.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#18 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:33 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by host
            here is my moms dress for the stay at home reception....

it has a matching bolero jacket that was all beaded as well.Click the image to open in full size.
            Aww Tammy, your mom is so cute, she looks very nice in that dress :)

#19 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:39 PM

thanks sarah...she is a total shopper but has to buy things on sale...that dress was originally like $600 because of the beading and jacket but she ended up getting it for $30 from Macy's...she is an insane shopper like that...

we have this gene in us that makes us find things cheaper than anywhere else...it is great but can get ot of control somethimes.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#20 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,996 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:42 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by host
              thanks sarah...she is a total shopper but has to buy things on sale...that dress was originally like $600 because of the beading and jacket but she ended up getting it for $30 from Macy's...she is an insane shopper like that...

we have this gene in us that makes us find things cheaper than anywhere else...it is great but can get ot of control somethimes.
              Wow- that is another awesome deal! I guess I'll have to remember to call you or Kash next time I need a deal on something:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users