Photo

Pink and Orange Color Scheme... Bridesmaid Dresses?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

For everyone whom has had or will be having a pink and orange themed destination wedding.... What color dresses are you going with for your bridesmaids? I was thinking a Henkaa Convertible dress, but I have no clue what colors.. Was thinking Orange or Pink but the Pink looks too bright.. :-S

Would love to see pictures of the dresses you have chosen or the ones you are thinking about choosing!.. :o)

#2 venus909

venus909
    • 328 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

I had a little bit of a hard time picking because the dresses I liked my bridesmaids didn't care for...lol....  AND they really didn't want to wear orange...

So we went with these dresses fuschia for the bridesmaids and dusy rose for the jr bridesmaid... they will each have an orange paper parasol.

Here are pics of my daughters in the dresses... one is a bridesmaid and one is my jr bridesmaid:

The color in the first pic is off... the true color is reflected in the pic of the back of the dress... don't mind the fact that my daughter didn't want to put her sandals on!  The dress will also be hemmed to the middle of the knee.

front.jpg

back.jpg

damary.jpg

#3 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
      • 1,350 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:41 AM

Aww.. thanks for sharing!!.. Both dresses are super cute!.. I love the color of the first one, that's exactly what color I'm looking for..(same color as my pink in my color scheme), Just having a hard time finding it.. :-/

Orange Parasols.. Love that idea!  Where do you get those from? And how do you plan to travel with them?  I've never seen any in person so it's probabaly easier than I'm thinking... lol

#4 cherany

cherany
        • 234 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

You could do dresses that have both orange & pink on them.  Pink dresses with orange sashes look amazing!  Check this out:

62246671_del_sol_photography_2011_ISPWP_Awards_04.PNG

(Picture by del Sol Photography, whose site I'm constantly stalking for ideas!)

I'm not sure where to find the slideshow from that particular wedding, but you get the idea!  You could even reverse the combo for your MOH, if you wanted to (orange dress, pink sash).

About the parasols, almost all fold up small enough to travel with easily.  If you get delicate paper ones, just wrap clothing around them before placing in a well-packed suitcase (so not everything is flopping around in there & crushing them).  The fabric ones are far less delicate.

#5 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
          • 923 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:36 AM

Thought you might like this....

http://www.solidcolo...is57na-0289.htm

#6 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
            • 1,350 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:43 AM

OMG.. OMG... I love it!!.. I'll have to share my FI to see if I can convince him to wear it! :o)

Originally Posted by dominiqueamber 

#7 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
              • 1,350 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:53 AM

Thanks for sharing this!! sorry I just saw where you posted.  This is my number one idea for bridesmaid dresses now..

And I LOVE Del Sol's photos!!!..

Originally Posted by cherany 

You could do dresses that have both orange & pink on them.  Pink dresses with orange sashes look amazing!  Check this out:

62246671_del_sol_photography_2011_ISPWP_Awards_04.PNG

(Picture by del Sol Photography, whose site I'm constantly stalking for ideas!)

I'm not sure where to find the slideshow from that particular wedding, but you get the idea!  You could even reverse the combo for your MOH, if you wanted to (orange dress, pink sash).

About the parasols, almost all fold up small enough to travel with easily.  If you get delicate paper ones, just wrap clothing around them before placing in a well-packed suitcase (so not everything is flopping around in there & crushing them).  The fabric ones are far less delicate.

#8 cherany

cherany
                • 234 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by dominiqueamber 

LOVE!!!  Although pink & orange are part of our scheme, the men in the wedding will be in blue & not have on ties, so we can't use these, but I'd be all over them if we could! 

#9 janette34

janette34
                  • 417 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:42 AM

IMG_2351.JPG

Our color scheme was pink and orange, but the maid of honor, groom and best man wore coral.  Here's a pic of the bridal party to give you an idea.

#10 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
                    • 923 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by janette34 

IMG_2351.JPG

Our color scheme was pink and orange, but the maid of honor, groom and best man wore coral.  Here's a pic of the bridal party to give you an idea.

That's so beautiful! I love it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users