Help with finding location

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 leighastrudwick

• 13 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

So we are planning for 2014 to go to Riviera Maya, but past that we have no idea, I am getting to the point where everything looks the same. We are doing Maya cause it departs our city on Friday which would work the best for us. Does anyone have any ideas how i can narrow down even a little?

• Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:29 AM

well, starting with a price range will narrow down your choices a lot from the get-go. figure out how much you are willing to spend then limit yourself to only looking at resorts in that range. that way you won't go over budget falling in love with a place that is too $$$.

from there, decide what hotel amenities and wedding items are your must haves, and check out what types of wedding packages and vendor options those resorts offer.

that should help narrow it down considerably :)

#3 janette34

• 417 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

Also consider whether or not you want adults only or a family friendly resort.  Do you want a long trip to/from  the airport?  Some of the resorts out towards Tulum could take up to two hours or more to reach depending on how many stops your bus has to make.

#4 dreamweddings

• Insiders w/ Articles
      • 603 posts
        • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:47 AM

Hello Leighastrudwick,

I hope this will help,

The budget is the most important factor in choosing your wedding location,Apart from resorts options you could also choose to have your wedding on a secluded beach or beach clubs that Riviera Maya has to offer.

especially if you are looking to have more of a personalized wedding. 

If you have anymore questions, please ask and I will be happy to answer you.

Happy Planning

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya

Happy Planning!

#5 leighastrudwick

• 13 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

How do I find a realistic price range for the resorts? I am not sure how many people are for sure coming, and also how much flights will be for that time frame seeing as it is so far away?

Thanks, sorry to be a pest 

#6 Pierre Violle

Pierre Violle
          • 272 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

Visit wedding ceremony in tulum

Barcelo maya palace wedding ceremony at the gazebo

#7 amandanjordan

• 8 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:26 AM

Hi Leigha,

I'm in the exact same boat as you are!  Planning a February 2014 wedding in the riviera maya and i'm so confused as to which hotels would be the best. And with it being so far out, pricing won't be coming until this time next year.   I know some hotels don't have that beautiful blue water and that's a little bit of a factor in my decision.  1 hotel that I am considering is the Azul Sensatori because it has a great kid's club but it's a gourmet inclusive and doesn't seem to have a buffet.  I've heard of brides going down for a go see where they check out a couple different hotels before they decide.  I would love to do that, but not sure how.  lol

#8 leighastrudwick

• 13 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:46 AM

yeah it looks like we are in teh exact same spot i am sure that flights from winnipeg are probably the same as saskatoon. I did send my TA a list of resorts but she hasnt gotten back to me, i am mostly stressing because I want to have a realistic budget for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users