TTD Best Cenote Locations and Advice near Riviera Maya Mexico

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 uhaft

• 102 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:48 AM

Does anyone have advice on cenote locations near Puerto Morelos for a TTD session? What are some of your experiences for those who have had a TTD session at a cenote?

#2 marie122083

• 8 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

i am also looking for information about TTD locations...particularly the cenotes.  did you find any?

#3 Pierre Violle

Pierre Violle
      • 272 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

There are plenty of great cenotes for Trash The Dress all along the Riviera Maya. The most important is to choose to good one according your diving skill, the season (sunlight in cenotes changes depending the season) and what kind of photos you are looking for.

The photographer has to help you to choose!  On

PIERRE VISUAL STUDIO - Wedding & TTD Photography

FACEBOOK Fan Page

#4 Lyman

• 262 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

What a gorgeous venue to have your TTD ......in a cenote! wishing all you all amazing sessions for your TTDs wherever you choose to have it......Congrats everyone! 

#5 Sunshine2680

• 465 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:35 AM

I'm also looking for any info on where to go for my TTD. I'm bringing my own photographer with me from Canada and I'd like to find a cenote that isn't busy with the public. Unfortunately - asking any one of the local photographers is out of the question as they're not willing to give up their special locations.
            Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions as to where to go?
            I'm a bit worried about going to deep cenotes as my dress is quite heavy and i don't want to sink - so any ideas/help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

#6 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
            • 3,070 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

Hola ladies - locations for TTD sessions are limited only by your imagination :) we've shot them at pools + fountains, in the ocean, by ruins, on sandy beaches, rocky backroads, in the jungle, and even at a golfcourse.......and they've all turned out amazing! Wishing you all the best with finding the right fit for your own special + unique TTD - Enjoy :)

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                  100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#7 marie122083

• 8 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

your photos are beautiful!  i am bringing photographers with me though and we are not familar with the area.  could you tell me which caves allow you to use them for TTD, how much they are, where, etc?!  im intersted in renting one for at least half a day with deeper water

#8 Sunshine2680

• 465 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

I just had my TTD done last week - we went to Dos Ojos Cenote - and they charged us $100USD to shoot there - which sucked and was unexpected but given the shots - i just didn't care

and i didnt want to keep driving around to find one  - as a lot of them get busier as the day goes on

We honestly just asked our cab driver one day while we were heading to Tulum ruins and he was SO helpful - even took us around to view a couple to see if we'd like to use it for our session

#9 SweetFire

• Vendor
                  • 330 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

Hi Girls, A TTD in the Riviera Maya has unlimited possibilities! There is so much natural beauty that a beach, jungle, or cenote TTD is always amazing! There are also other options like coming into town and doing a more urban setting. Or perhaps you want to take advantage of the strong Mayan heritage and do something with Mayan ruins! In any case the area is ripe with amazing TTD opportunities! Please also keep in mind that the local photographers have spent years getting to know the area and understanding the seasons, light, and other nuances to get the best pictures. That is their specialty and passion! And a strong reason to keep your TTD local!! Here are a few ideas for different TTDs (click to see pictures): URBAN - TTD - Tamara & Dan JUNGLE / BEACH - TTD - Dorian & Phil RIGHT @ HOTEL - TTD - Ocean Turquesa [IMG ALT=""]http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/content/type/61/id/175991/width/500/height/1000[/IMG] [IMG ALT=""]http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/content/type/61/id/175995/width/350/height/700[/IMG] [IMG ALT=""]http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/content/type/61/id/175993/width/350/height/700[/IMG] [IMG ALT=""]http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/content/type/61/id/175994/width/500/height/1000[/IMG] Happy Planning and Happy TTD!! Sofia Lori's Office Assistant

#10 LoriGran

• 339 posts
                    • Wedding Date:July 25, 2014
                    • Wedding Location:Rivera Maya
                    • LocationMexico

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

Oh my TTD sessions at the cenotes are breathtaking!!! I would love to have a TTD session there!!! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users