May 2013 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2335 replies to this topic

#721 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
  • 861 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Kal520 

what's everyone doing for guests who are single but will know people at the wedding? Do I give them an invitation addressed "and guest"? I'm torn, I want them to be able to bring someone if they are seriously dating someone at the time, but also don't want a bunch of randoms I don't know at the wedding. The extra cost comes into play too if we go over our #s because it will be like 11 extra people if they all come and bring guests....Let me know what everyone ended up doing!

We have allowed our single friends to bring a guest, we are not staying at an AI and do have to pay per person for the recpetion dinner, open bar even set up fees, but it only ends up being about 3 or 4 extra people for us and we wanted those guests being comfortable. My brother is even just bringing one of his friends down. It just even better for excursions that way those guests dont feel they have to hang around people they dont really know.

#722 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
    • 861 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by CourtandMatt 

I LOVEEEE your invitations!!

Thanks Court!!!!

Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 

Do yall have a Hobby Lobby? I have seen a TON of lace in the ribbon section. Ivory, Cream white and in a variety of sizes.. :o)

Here is a link to what they have online.. Usually more items are in store though.  http://shop.hobbylob...r=White&F_ALL=Y

Awwwww no hobby lobby up here.. just micheals :(

#723 danak71

danak71
      • Site Supporter
      • 264 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Kal520 

what's everyone doing for guests who are single but will know people at the wedding? Do I give them an invitation addressed "and guest"? I'm torn, I want them to be able to bring someone if they are seriously dating someone at the time, but also don't want a bunch of randoms I don't know at the wedding. The extra cost comes into play too if we go over our #s because it will be like 11 extra people if they all come and bring guests....Let me know what everyone ended up doing!

We're in the same boat. I had a couple of my aunts tell me they were bringing their girlfriends (because they thought it would be fun to hang out with them in Mexico). And a couple of my friends who aren't dating anyone seriously are planning to bring someone to room with them. I didn't exactly like the idea of having to pay for random people; but at the same time didn't think it was fair to tell some people they could bring a guest and tell others they couldn't. So we just decided to bite the bullet on that one. We're staying at an AI resort and having to pay per person for the meal. We're also taking all of our guests on a catamaran excursion for the day and that cost is per person as well so it will definitely add up. Oh well, just add it to the other gazillion trillion dollars we're already spending on this wedding. LOL

#724 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
        • 1,350 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Dazeydawl 

Thanks Court!!!!

Awwwww no hobby lobby up here.. just micheals :(

hmm... I wonder if they ship to Canada..

I need to go to HL tomorrow, I can look and take pictures for you.. And then you could see if they sale the one you like online. :o)

#725 Kal520

Kal520
          • 104 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

Thanks everyone, yeah I am thinking I will have to bite the bullet as well and just invite them with guests. I am assuming not all will come anyway, so hopefully it will all even out in the end. Our AI is expensive if you go over the set amount of guests in the package as well, the fear of the unknown is killing me at this point! Especially with not being able to do certain things (welcome bags, budget, ect.)

#726 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
            • 861 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

hmm... I wonder if they ship to Canada..

I need to go to HL tomorrow, I can look and take pictures for you.. And then you could see if they sale the one you like online. :o)

I just looked online. they dont ship to canada :( well they do bt only using a freight forwarder which would be too much money for the 2.99 roll of lace lol.

#727 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
              • 1,350 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dazeydawl 

I just looked online. they dont ship to canada :( well they do bt only using a freight forwarder which would be too much money for the 2.99 roll of lace lol.

DANG. :o( Ebay?... :o) I Love Ebay... hahahahah

I've never shipped anything to Canada so I don't know the prices but I'll be willing to if you want and if it's fesible for you. :o)

#728 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
                • 861 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

DANG. :o( Ebay?... :o) I Love Ebay... hahahahah

I've never shipped anything to Canada so I don't know the prices but I'll be willing to if you want and if it's fesible for you. :o)

That would be awesome if i dont come up with any other sources or ideas.. i might drop lace altogether and do a paper bellyband with the ribbon around that....

#729 uhura526

uhura526
                  • 330 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

so wait, all of you DIY brides,  how are you getting all your wedding stuff down to your destination weddings?  Shipping them?

#730 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
                    • 955 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

so wait, all of you DIY brides,  how are you getting all your wedding stuff down to your destination weddings?  Shipping them?

I don't have the heart to ship anything. I would die if something didn't make it or got got damaged in transit. It's all coming on the plane with me or a friend/family member.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users