May 2013 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2335 replies to this topic

#1961 jnitschke

jnitschke
  • 251 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by MSPOKRAN 

Ok ladies I've starting trying to put our vows together. I know there are many posts out there but I am having trouble piecing them all together. Does anyone have vows written start to finish that they wouldnt mind sharing? I am incorporating a sand ceremony as well and just not sure how to do it and how it all comes together.

Here's what we've got:

Vows

I love you, Jennifer/Todd. You are my best friend. Today I give myself to you in marriage, as I choose you to be my wife/husband.  I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you, and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle. I promise to love you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy and when it seems hard, when our love is simple, and when it is an effort. I promise to cherish you, and to always hold you in highest regard. These things I give to you today, and all the days of our life. I am forever yours……faithfully.

Rings

I give you this ring as a symbol of my love and commitment to you. With this ring I marry you and join my life to yours.  As this ring has no end, neither shall my love for you.

#1962 JA2012

JA2012
    • 334 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

Question about vows - Do the bride and groom say the same thing or can it be a personal message followed by the vows the officiant puts together?

I have written what I thought was vows but really, I think it's just a personal message to share before friends/fam before saying vows.

So confused...

#1963 MSPOKRAN

MSPOKRAN
      • Site Supporter
      • 88 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

JA2012 I have seen several posts about personal vows said by the bride and groom which are unique and different, not repeated. They are heartfelt messages to each other. Just search for vows in the forums.

I am just confused on how to put it all together. I have all these bits and pieces- not really even how much time we have up there! I know it should be 30 min but no idea how long everything will take.

#1964 JA2012

JA2012
        • 334 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by MSPOKRAN 

JA2012 I have seen several posts about personal vows said by the bride and groom which are unique and different, not repeated. They are heartfelt messages to each other. Just search for vows in the forums.

I am just confused on how to put it all together. I have all these bits and pieces- not really even how much time we have up there! I know it should be 30 min but no idea how long everything will take.

LOL...yup! It's stressing me out. The vows/personal message that I already wrote takes about a min to a min and a half when I read it out loud. Knowing FI, his will take 20 seconds. I'll search for the posts and see what I come up with. At this point, I figure its our wedding and if we want to speak before the official vows, we may as well. Even if ppl are scratching their heads wondering wth is going on. LOL

#1965 Furturemrsg

Furturemrsg
          • 30 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:03 AM

Picked up my dress and absolutely loved it! It fit perfect but a little snug in my tummy! lol I think I really need to start eating better this last month and a half. I am a little nervous about taking my dress on the plan but my travel agent told me they will take special care of it and not to worry!  I can't believe how fast it is coming.  Just a few more things to do and the time to complete everything for the AHR.  A little stressed but that is normal ;) 

#1966 Emily11386

Emily11386
            • Site Supporter
            • 244 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:05 AM

Hey ladies, today is our legal ceremony here! I'm so excited. A few of my coworkers know but none of my family and friends do. I kind of like that its our little secret. It will just be myself, my fianc©, and my son at 1pm today!!
              May 10, 2013 at The Gran Caribe Real/ Royal Cancun
              33 adults (including bride & groom) and 3 kids booked!

#1967 MSPOKRAN

MSPOKRAN
              • Site Supporter
              • 88 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

Congrats Emily! We are doing the same thing 5/10! Let us all know how it goes.

#1968 MSPOKRAN

MSPOKRAN
                • Site Supporter
                • 88 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

There is a thread called Share Your Ceremony Script- still "piecey" but the best I've found so far. Just search on that term.

#1969 Emily11386

Emily11386
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 244 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image We are legally married now!
                    May 10, 2013 at The Gran Caribe Real/ Royal Cancun
                    33 adults (including bride & groom) and 3 kids booked!

#1970 LKocelko

LKocelko
                    • 350 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

Welp, I had my bachelorette last night. I am still hurting - don't bounce back like I used to in college!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users