Jump to content
TATrisha

OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

Recommended Posts

I can't remember where I read it but I'm almost positive they do not. I'm not positive though. The table numbers weren't important to me so I just found some plain ones at Michaels for pretty cheap.
I made my own cards but I guess we have to bring our own card holders too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by juicybride View Post

 

Does anyone know if they provide table card numbers or the card holders?

We only had one long table so there was no need for table numbers but they did print menus for me. I didn't even ask for them and she never told me that they were going to do it...I just saw them once we got to the reception and thought it was a nice little surprise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Jade Brides!

 

SO I asked Deisy how much it was to extend the reception another hour and she said $15 per each...Does she mean per person??

 

Also, How far in advance should invitations go out? My fiance and I are getting married November 1, 2013. We are sending the save the dates out next week. I am just not sure when invitations should go out??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Michellelepore1 View Post

 

Hi Jade Brides!

 

SO I asked Deisy how much it was to extend the reception another hour and she said $15 per each...Does she mean per person??

 

Also, How far in advance should invitations go out? My fiance and I are getting married November 1, 2013. We are sending the save the dates out next week. I am just not sure when invitations should go out??

Hey Michelle! Yes, it's $15 per person to extend the reception an extra hour. I'm getting married June 14, 2013 and plan to send my invitations out mid January and ask for an RSVP date of March 14th. I think 5-6 months in advance for invitations works good. My future mother in law seems to think the RSVP date is a bit early but I highly disagree! I need some kind of head count so I can plan accordingly. The way I see it, if you don't know if you'll be leaving the country in 3 months, then your not coming! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Michellelepore1 View Post

 

Hi Jade Brides!

 

SO I asked Deisy how much it was to extend the reception another hour and she said $15 per each...Does she mean per person??

 

Also, How far in advance should invitations go out? My fiance and I are getting married November 1, 2013. We are sending the save the dates out next week. I am just not sure when invitations should go out??

We are getting married in November, too - the 16th. :)    I am sending my STDs around the 1st of December and my invitations probably early August so I have plenty of time to get my final guest count.  I think I have my RSVP date as 09/01 or something like that.  Most people will know whether or not they are going when they get the STD. :)  I am including a pre-RSVP return postcard with them so I can get an idea of who is going to go early on and plan accordingly.  It has an explanation of why we would like to know this far in advance and a yes, no, maybe type of thing... also we put that a formal invitation will follow with a final RSVP.  We don't want people to commit for sure (or not) that early. 

 

As for the additional hour for the reception, that's what I understand it to be - $15 per person for the additional hour. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by shannonmarie View Post

 

Hey Michelle! Yes, it's $15 per person to extend the reception an extra hour. I'm getting married June 14, 2013 and plan to send my invitations out mid January and ask for an RSVP date of March 14th. I think 5-6 months in advance for invitations works good. My future mother in law seems to think the RSVP date is a bit early but I highly disagree! I need some kind of head count so I can plan accordingly. The way I see it, if you don't know if you'll be leaving the country in 3 months, then your not coming! 

Hahaha Shannon!  Yeah, I feel the same way.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by bmelko View Post

 

We are getting married in November, too - the 16th. :)    I am sending my STDs around the 1st of December and my invitations probably early August so I have plenty of time to get my final guest count.  I think I have my RSVP date as 09/01 or something like that.  Most people will know whether or not they are going when they get the STD. :)  I am including a pre-RSVP return postcard with them so I can get an idea of who is going to go early on and plan accordingly.  It has an explanation of why we would like to know this far in advance and a yes, no, maybe type of thing... also we put that a formal invitation will follow with a final RSVP.  We don't want people to commit for sure (or not) that early. 

 

As for the additional hour for the reception, that's what I understand it to be - $15 per person for the additional hour. 

I wish I would have thought to include a pre-RSVP card with my STDs. I did put something on my website but got very few responses so far. We invited everyone we would have invited if we had a traditional wedding (150 people) but between us and this forum, i hope no more than 40 come! HAHA! It gets pretty darn expensive!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank You Shannonmarie and belko!!!

 

That is a really good idea about the pre RSVP. I wish I would have thought of that. So far we know of 25 definite people. We are inviting about 75. I am hoping no more than 40 as well because the prices do start adding up quickly.

 

Will you ladies be getting the DJ?? I am torn between the DJ or just doing the IPOD. But I know my family loves to dance and I think creating a dance play list for like 3 hours would be a bit much. What do you ladies think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Michellelepore1 View Post

 

Thank You Shannonmarie and belko!!!

 

That is a really good idea about the pre RSVP. I wish I would have thought of that. So far we know of 25 definite people. We are inviting about 75. I am hoping no more than 40 as well because the prices do start adding up quickly.

 

Will you ladies be getting the DJ?? I am torn between the DJ or just doing the IPOD. But I know my family loves to dance and I think creating a dance play list for like 3 hours would be a bit much. What do you ladies think?

When I first started planning I was against the DJ. I thought we would just be fine using our iPod. However, after thinking more about it, we are deciding to do the DJ.  (Actually, it will depend on how many people we end up having but we decided if we have more than 20-25 people we will go for it.). I'm just using the resort DJ but I think things will run a lot smoother with a DJ. I did decide against music for the cocktail hour though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • It’s been years... and I’m now searching for the same in Montego Bay or Negril. Did anyone ever have any luck finding? 
    • Hello, I'm new to this site. I got engaged already and get married by next year. I have some doubts regarding our dating destination. Hope you will help me. Thank You!
    • Hello everyone,
      Well, this upcoming valentine's day is special for me because I got engaged and planning to spend the day with my fiance. I'm planning to give her an ethical jumpsuit.

      Other than that I have been searching the internet for some nice discounted coupons and searched among my friends and found different sites. Now, we are looking forward to that wonderful day. We searched a lot and found out, Escape The City. Orangeville is a great place for a day trip or weekend gateway from Toronto.
      Theatre Orangeville is offering a weekend package that includes 2 tickets to a Live performance at the theatre, Premium Overnight Accommodations at Best Western Plus Orangeville Inn and Suites and $75 Downtown Wine and Dine Voucher which is valid at select Downtown restaurants, and Free Entry to the scenic Trails & Bridges of Island Lake.

      We are so excited and eagerly waiting for that day.
      If anyone has got any other suggestions for the venue, kindly share your thoughts/ideas.
      Thank You!
       
    • Please tell me, the best wedding venue in Saskatoon, SK.
    • Hey everyone! Like the others here, I'm interested in wedding reception, venue and all related steps & stuff. Starting with my first and the most important note is that we're international couple and we need to think of bilingual wedding. So the first thing we need to think of is whether it will be interpretation or 2 different venue coordinators, sermons and stuff? What is your experience, what could be the best and affordable solution? From googling the issue I've found this Interactio app team ( describing possible solution here  http://blog.interactio.io/case-study-weddings )Basically they offer to hold the venue in the main language, additionally providing simultaneous interpretation online to other quest's mobile phones. Looks like really easy and creative idea. What about the others? How did you solve this kind of obstacle? Any additional advises would be very welcomed here  
  • Topics

×