Site Inspection Jan 2012

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Sophia2616

Sophia2616
  • 143 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:40 AM

Hi

Wanted to share some info on our site inspection; I will keep try to keep it quick and to the point. Feel  free to PM if you want more info or any other type of question

Our first night was at Petit Lafitte (PLF)- Very cute! a big plus is that you can rent out the hotel and just have it for your guests and you the whole wknd. They also allow children which is a plus for me as I have two little nieces. The staff was actually the nicest people we encountered the entire trip. Con- reallllly bad at answering emails literally waited for weeks. The beach is a bit rocky but def swimmable and very private. Our dinner was 6/10

Our second night was at Le Reve- Jaw dropping literally. Its a boutique hotel again liek PLF (25 rooms) we did a food tasting food was a 8/10. drink 10/10 so delish! Arelnis the WP was a joy, so responsive and attentive listend to us. I cant say enough good things about her and the hotel. Again you can rent it out. They allow kids for the days, if you rent it out only. Also the hotel is geared more towards couples and Honeymooners (we have a lot of single guy friends) so sharing a king size bed was not gonna work. Also  I didnt want to have my sister having to switch hotels after a few nights (because she has two lil ones) Lastly  deal breaker really for us was it was too small for our wedding party and wasnt the right fit for our friends and family. But i HIGHLY  recommend! beach is rocky. Pool is AMAZZZING

The remainder of our trip was at Porto Playa Condo Hotels- for the next five days we just got to really exp. downtown playa and as soon as we saw what an awesome town this was something for everyone we just knew this was it. we met with the hotel manager Lourdes, we really liked her, she was not pushy and straight forward. we also met with a WP Maria Tripaldi, she is like the mayor or Playa! she is great and we ended up signing with her. Its only been 2 months and she has responded to every email within 24H. I couldnt ask for more. We checked out Kool, Wickys, Beach Club at Grand Coral, Zenzi, Blue Parrot and Carnival Royale. PM  with any questions! We ate lunck at Kool (good 7/10) Wickys we did a dinner tasting (9/10 SOO good) best meal we had in Playa! Also had a food tasting at Beach Club (8/10) We ended up signing with Beach Club due to how beautiful it was, the chef Luis is awesome and the beach is not crowded.

Also met with 3 photographers Ivan Luckie (Great nice guy, to the point no BS), Dean Sanders (really nice guy too) and Alfredo from Fine Arts ( we are signing with him, we just hit it off personality wise) My fiance and I really laid back and just wanted someone who got us and we got them, afterall they are spending the day with you! I think its really important to hit it off with your photographer! I think thats it for now....Thanks for reading  and Happy Planning

#2 Celebrate1106

Celebrate1106
    • 17 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:21 PM

Hey Sophia2616!

Thanks so much for all this info. :)  We are trying to plan our site visits for the end of May and I was thinking about throwing Le Reve into the mix.  We are mostly looking at all inclusive resorts (to make it easier for our guests) but, I've read such good things about Le Reve.  Did you happen to get any pricing information from them?  I am trying to figure out if it will be in our budget before I get my hopes up...  Thanks!

Originally Posted by Sophia2616 

Hi

Wanted to share some info on our site inspection; I will keep try to keep it quick and to the point. Feel  free to PM if you want more info or any other type of question

Our first night was at Petit Lafitte (PLF)- Very cute! a big plus is that you can rent out the hotel and just have it for your guests and you the whole wknd. They also allow children which is a plus for me as I have two little nieces. The staff was actually the nicest people we encountered the entire trip. Con- reallllly bad at answering emails literally waited for weeks. The beach is a bit rocky but def swimmable and very private. Our dinner was 6/10

Our second night was at Le Reve- Jaw dropping literally. Its a boutique hotel again liek PLF (25 rooms) we did a food tasting food was a 8/10. drink 10/10 so delish! Arelnis the WP was a joy, so responsive and attentive listend to us. I cant say enough good things about her and the hotel. Again you can rent it out. They allow kids for the days, if you rent it out only. Also the hotel is geared more towards couples and Honeymooners (we have a lot of single guy friends) so sharing a king size bed was not gonna work. Also  I didnt want to have my sister having to switch hotels after a few nights (because she has two lil ones) Lastly  deal breaker really for us was it was too small for our wedding party and wasnt the right fit for our friends and family. But i HIGHLY  recommend! beach is rocky. Pool is AMAZZZING

The remainder of our trip was at Porto Playa Condo Hotels- for the next five days we just got to really exp. downtown playa and as soon as we saw what an awesome town this was something for everyone we just knew this was it. we met with the hotel manager Lourdes, we really liked her, she was not pushy and straight forward. we also met with a WP Maria Tripaldi, she is like the mayor or Playa! she is great and we ended up signing with her. Its only been 2 months and she has responded to every email within 24H. I couldnt ask for more. We checked out Kool, Wickys, Beach Club at Grand Coral, Zenzi, Blue Parrot and Carnival Royale. PM  with any questions! We ate lunck at Kool (good 7/10) Wickys we did a dinner tasting (9/10 SOO good) best meal we had in Playa! Also had a food tasting at Beach Club (8/10) We ended up signing with Beach Club due to how beautiful it was, the chef Luis is awesome and the beach is not crowded.

Also met with 3 photographers Ivan Luckie (Great nice guy, to the point no BS), Dean Sanders (really nice guy too) and Alfredo from Fine Arts ( we are signing with him, we just hit it off personality wise) My fiance and I really laid back and just wanted someone who got us and we got them, afterall they are spending the day with you! I think its really important to hit it off with your photographer! I think thats it for now....Thanks for reading  and Happy Planning

#3 Sophia2616

Sophia2616
      • 143 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:45 AM

HI

This is really late, I am sorry! Yes I do have pricing private MSG me your email address if you want

#4 mrspfafftobe

mrspfafftobe
        • 58 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:19 PM

Hi Celebrate1106,

We just had our wedding at Le Reve and it was amazing! It's not all inclusive but breakfast is included in the room rate - and the breakfast food is AMAZING and portions are very big and they serve it until 11:00am. Most people didn't need lunch or just got a snack to eat at the pool - like $6 for chips and guac or $8 for tacos to share. We hosted events with food/dinner and drinks all three nights our guests were there so they didn't need to buy dinner and many drinks were covered. Of course this means it was more pricey for us, but it made the rooms at Le Reve more affordable for our guests knowing their food costs would be minimal. It's possible to host an affordable weekend without staying at an A.I. I'd be happy to share any pricing if you are still looking for it.

Originally Posted by Celebrate1106 

Hey Sophia2616!

Thanks so much for all this info. :)  We are trying to plan our site visits for the end of May and I was thinking about throwing Le Reve into the mix.  We are mostly looking at all inclusive resorts (to make it easier for our guests) but, I've read such good things about Le Reve.  Did you happen to get any pricing information from them?  I am trying to figure out if it will be in our budget before I get my hopes up...  Thanks!

#5 bondgirl0072010

bondgirl0072010
          • 789 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:17 AM

Hi

WOW! What a great and thorough review!! I loved Le Reve as well (we did our TTD there) and agree completely with all of the amazing comments. Such a hidden gem in the tropical jungle! Also, we stayed at El Taj Condo Hotels (sister property of Porto Playa) and it was also incredible! Condo Hotels are amazing and I'm not sure if you got a chance to visit Indigo Beach (cafe right outside of El Taj directly on the beach) but it's a MUST when you go back! Relaxing on the beach beds was amazing and I'm pretty sure if you order drinks, you can stay there as long as you'd like!

A few pics from Le Reve + my review www.redibychelsea.com

www.redibychelsea.com

www.redibychelsea.com

www.redibychelsea.com

El Taj Condo Hotels:

www.redibychelsea.com

Rooftop shots overlooking the pier in front of El Taj:

www.redibychelsea.com

www.redibychelsea.com

#6 Sophia2616

Sophia2616
            • 143 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:53 AM

Your pictures are breathtaking!!!!! Just beautiful.

#7 imnotarunner

imnotarunner
              • 236 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

Thanks so much for all this info.

#8 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
                • 3,074 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

GREAT TTD, bondgirl0072010! so nice to see your pics - thx for sharing! and all the best with your life together going forward......enjoy :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                      100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#9 LCB803

LCB803
                  • 89 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

Sophia, 

Great post! Thanks for sharing! I had similar experiences with LeReve, Wickys, and Porto Playa... good to know they're consistent :)

Good luck!

Hi

#10 Sophia2616

Sophia2616
                    • 143 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:58 AM

Good Luck to you too and Congrats!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users