Jump to content

Photo

2013 Paradisus Palma Real


  • Please log in to reply
954 replies to this topic

#851 Nena Martinez

Nena Martinez
  • Newbie
  • 60 posts

    Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

    Originally Posted by shaeshae18 

    Hello ladies!

     

    I was told to look into this resort now that I'm back to planning my DW.  I'm thinking Dec 2014, the weekend after Christmas.  I emailed for pricing, but haven't heard back yet - I'm just being impatient.  Anyone care to forward me their packets that they've received for 2014? 

     

    I'm trying to figure out how much it would cost my guests to stay at the resort, as well as how much my own wedding would cost.


    Thanks,

    S

     

    Hello, Congratulations!! I am also getting married next year in Agust 23rd. My fianc© and I looked at various resorts and countries prior deciding on PC. I have not visited the resort myself but this forum is extremely helpful. I chose PPR b/c it matched our wedding vision and also because I have family traveling form South America who will not need a visa. I also have a friend who stayed at the PPR a few years ago and she was in love with the resort and service. Also, I am currently working with a TA who has helped me to narrow down my search, and I will truly recommend doing that if you are in that process. All in all I freaked out when I saw a few bad reviews in Trip Advisor, but  I just think that overall the resort has more positive reviews than negative ones. I have the prices for the different packages, etc. PM me your e-mail and I can send them to you.

     

    Relax and enjoy your planning.

     

    Liz



    #852 Nena Martinez

    Nena Martinez
    • Newbie
    • 60 posts

      Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:17 PM

      Originally Posted by Nena Martinez 

      Hello, Congratulations!! I am also getting married next year in Agust 23rd. My fianc© and I looked at various resorts and countries prior deciding on PC. I have not visited the resort myself but this forum is extremely helpful. I chose PPR b/c it matched our wedding vision and also because I have family traveling form South America who will not need a visa. I also have a friend who stayed at the PPR a few years ago and she was in love with the resort and service. Also, I am currently working with a TA who has helped me to narrow down my search, and I will truly recommend doing that if you are in that process. All in all I freaked out when I saw a few bad reviews in Trip Advisor, but  I just think that overall the resort has more positive reviews than negative ones. I have the prices for the different packages, etc. PM me your e-mail and I can send them to you.

       

      Relax and enjoy your planning.

       

      Liz

      Sorry! I sent the wrong post :) and I am not sure how to delete it!



      #853 DannysAp

      DannysAp
      • Newbie
      • 13 posts

        Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

        Originally Posted by Nena Martinez 

        Hello, congrats to you as well. We are in the begging stages of our planning and I was originally very excited about holding the wedding at the Olympus lol (of course until I asked for the pricing list) but I just received the PDF with all upgrade costs. The Olympus is $18,840 (chill out package, location & fee with taxes included) and it hold 200-450 ppl. Now, I am looking at the Apolo Ballroom ($4,680) and I am entertaining the extra cost; I am just not a big fan of the carpet.

        The Olympus terrace, which is complimentary, seems to be a pretty nice location as well.  Ideally I would like to hold my reception indoors, so who knows…aghh decisions, decisions!

        Best of Luck,

         

        Liz

         

        I decided to go with wall draping and amber lighting to hopefully make the Apollo feel more intimate. The ceiling is really high, which led me to go with tall centerpieces.  I'll let you know how it all works out.  Right now I'm trying to put together a brochure of some basic info for my guests.  The who-has-access-to-what with regards to the restaurants is way more complicated than it should be.  



        #854 Nena Martinez

        Nena Martinez
        • Newbie
        • 60 posts

          Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:09 AM

          Originally Posted by DannysAp 

           

          I decided to go with wall draping and amber lighting to hopefully make the Apollo feel more intimate. The ceiling is really high, which led me to go with tall centerpieces.  I'll let you know how it all works out.  Right now I'm trying to put together a brochure of some basic info for my guests.  The who-has-access-to-what with regards to the restaurants is way more complicated than it should be.  

           

          Yep! I second that. Tall centerpieces will go perfect with that location. LOL @ the brochure, I think that is a great idea. I was thinking about posting all that info on my website but having a brochure may be better for guests. 

           

          Happy Planning,

           

          Liz



          #855 Nena Martinez

          Nena Martinez
          • Newbie
          • 60 posts

            Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:21 AM

            Hey chicas!!! Can anyone please send me the Arrecife prices? I seem to have misplaced that doc and prob deleted that e-mail .

             

            Thank you :)



            #856 angelnjewels

            angelnjewels
            • Jr. Member
            • 220 posts

              Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:21 AM

              Hi Ladies, Again I am going through a bit if a dilemma: so I have some family that stated that they an mint attend my wedding because of the price, time of year and stuff... Last Saturday I noticed on Instagram that my uncle was at the resort with his kids..(he said he cannot afford to go) . as a result I let it go bc again it's the summer.... yesterday during a family event I his wife approached me to tell me that my uncle had $9000 and two thousand was taken from his safe... now I don't know of it is try or not but the whole family is now a bit upset about he.. his wife said that he said that he approached management and told them about this and sai I was having my wedding there. They are trying to convince me not to get married there.... REALLY??? I am so upset because my family is a bunch of haters and he had to go there to see what it is like prior to the weddi g to talk S*** So sad I don't really know but am so confused tar now everyone is confused on attending.. Have any past brides as these issues with their guests? I am distraught!

              Can't wait to marry my best friend and love of my life...


              #857 DeeP10

              DeeP10
              • Jr. Member
              • 270 posts

                Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:47 AM

                Hi Ladies, Again I am going through a bit if a dilemma: so I have some family that stated that they an mint attend my wedding because of the price, time of year and stuff... Last Saturday I noticed on Instagram that my uncle was at the resort with his kids..(he said he cannot afford to go) . as a result I let it go bc again it's the summer.... yesterday during a family event I his wife approached me to tell me that my uncle had $9000 and two thousand was taken from his safe... now I don't know of it is try or not but the whole family is now a bit upset about he.. his wife said that he said that he approached management and told them about this and sai I was having my wedding there. They are trying to convince me not to get married there.... REALLY??? I am so upset because my family is a bunch of haters and he had to go there to see what it is like prior to the weddi g to talk S*** So sad I don't really know but am so confused tar now everyone is confused on attending.. Have any past brides as these issues with their guests? I am distraught!

                I say stick to your guns and go on a planned. When you travel anything can happen , theft, death, food poisoning . He'll any of that can happen @ home. Life is exactly that. Life! Continue with your plans, those that are savvy travellers will know that they just need to be cautious. That goes without saying anywhere you choose. Can they guarantee a theft free environment anywhere but in their own homes? Don't let anyone rain on you're parade . As long as I'm concerned the more people that back out( usually the ones who don't really care) the less mouths I have to feed! I haven't even sent invites yet, and I'm getting shit for my date. I'm gonna be pretty cut throat about it. The way I see it, my friends and family with kids that say they can't afford it? If I see you taking a yearly trip to Disney which costs a fortune then I don't wanna hear it!

                #858 angelnjewels

                angelnjewels
                • Jr. Member
                • 220 posts

                  Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:46 AM

                  Originally Posted by DeeP10 


                  I say stick to your guns and go on a planned.
                  When you travel anything can happen , theft, death, food poisoning . He'll any of that can happen @ home. Life is exactly that. Life!

                  Continue with your plans, those that are savvy travellers will know that they just need to be cautious. That goes without saying anywhere you choose. Can they guarantee a theft free environment anywhere but in their own homes?
                  Don't let anyone rain on you're parade . As long as I'm concerned the more people that back out( usually the ones who don't really care) the less mouths I have to feed!

                  I haven't even sent invites yet, and I'm getting shit for my date. I'm gonna be pretty cut throat about it. The way I see it, my friends and family with kids that say they can't afford it? If I see you taking a yearly trip to Disney which costs a fortune then I don't wanna hear it!

                   

                  Thank you! All day i have been crying because i cannot understand why he went there in the first place...i know everyone has the liberty to go whenever they want and of course it is a beautiful place but i cannot believe how people can do that to someone who is getting married...

                   

                   

                  As you said it can happen any where its just interesting how things work out but anyway.. They are all haters...and you know what i have to see that i can lose a few people..the less i have to pay!!! 

                   

                  thanks for the feedback!


                  Can't wait to marry my best friend and love of my life...


                  #859 Kel123073

                  Kel123073
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 189 posts

                    Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:22 PM

                    Liz,

                     

                    Thank you!!!!  Your post meant a lot!  It is crunch time we leave Tuesday morning! OMG I am sooooo excited..... Can't wait to just get to the resort... and of course follow up with all you guys and let you know how everything went!  Your planning is definitely coming along... super exciting.  Enjoy because before you know it will be your turn!

                     

                    Kelly



                    #860 EVKnowsitall

                    EVKnowsitall
                    • Member
                    • 593 posts

                      Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:00 AM

                      Originally Posted by angelnjewels 

                      Hi Ladies,


                      Again I am going through a bit if a dilemma: so I have some family that stated that they an mint attend my wedding because of the price, time of year and stuff...

                      Last Saturday I noticed on Instagram that my uncle was at the resort with his kids..(he said he cannot afford to go) . as a result I let it go bc again it's the summer....

                      yesterday during a family event I his wife approached me to tell me that my uncle had $9000 and two thousand was taken from his safe... now I don't know of it is try or not but the whole family is now a bit upset about he.. his wife said that he said that he approached management and told them about this and sai I was having my wedding there.


                      They are trying to convince me not to get married there.... REALLY??? I am so upset because my family is a bunch of haters and he had to go there to see what it is like prior to the weddi g to talk S***

                      So sad I don't really know but am so confused tar now everyone is confused on attending..

                      Have any past brides as these issues with their guests?

                      I am distraught!

                       

                      Duuuuuuuuude thats F***ed up. LOL I have worked every day double shifts at my second job since I got back from my wedding and I leave the post and there are all these things I want to respond to! But let me start with you.

                       

                      That's messed up that your family would do that to you. We had people complain about the cost and then post lots of pics of them on other vacations and buying expensive things. The thing is they have the money- they just dont want to spend it for your wedding because they are selfish- no offense but my sister did the same exact thing to me. She complained she didnt have the money but went on a vacation with her bf, remodeled her kitchen, and came to NY to visit my mother. Yea sounds poverty stricken to me. My sisters were a nightmare the day of my wedding. I ignored them almost entirely. They talked so much shit to my other family members about how I am the favorite and SOMEONE, one of our guests, spread a rumor that my husband was gay and carrying on a relationship with his best man- all because they hit the gym at the resort every day and I made a joke about how I married both of them. People really are too much. Family included. So forget them, stop crying and have your big day.

                       

                      The workers cannot steal from the safe if the safe is properly locked. Your uncle probably did not lock it, so thats his fault. And why on earth would he bring that much money? My husband and I left $300 in cash on the nightstand and when we got back to the room there was a note on top of the money saying "please guard your valuable and use the safe". They didn't touch it. And multiple times we left our phones charging in the room and they were there when we got back. 

                       

                      None of our guests complained, in fact we tipped out the reservationists at the front desk, housekeeping, and the bartenders because we loved them so much. The staff is really accommodating and sweet and they do everything in their power to make sure you are enjoying yourself. 

                       

                      I think either your uncle is not being completely honest or he lost the money on his own. I'm sorry they are doing this to you but honestly if they are- they don't need to go to your wedding because they will only cause you drama the day of. My instincts told me to keep my sisters out of my bridal party and against my better knowledge I put them in and they almost sabotaged my wedding. 

                       

                      This is YOUR DAY. You do what YOU WANT. Be selfish as selfish can be. It sounds wrong but it goes by so fast and you work so hard for it. Enjoy it. I left my rehearsal dinner in tears over stupid crap my family was doing and the next morning they all showed me pictures of them partying. So while my husband comforted me in our room and I cried myself to sleep- they all went out drinking and to one of the shows. Don't let your family do that to you.

                       

                      Spanish fams I swear lol they are so dramatic.


                      Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users