erica12

2013 Paradisus Palma Real

Hi ladies, How has been your experience with the person who officiated the wedding? Do they speak Spanish and English? I heard that a resort staff officiated the wedding... is that true? for those of you who have booked pastor York how has your experience been dealing with the romance office? is there an extra charge? we are not interested in having a religious wedding but want someone who speaks both Spanish and English. It's hard not to feel stressed... Any feedback is welcome. Thanks Gals

Hey Ladies!

Here are some of the pictures from our wedding! :) The files were too large so I had to take screen shots to be able to upload them so the quality isn't as like the pictures we have but Arrecife was fantastic! Let me know if you have any questions I can answer! :)

Originally Posted by LL117 View Post

Hey Ladies!

Here are some of the pictures from our wedding! :) The files were too large so I had to take screen shots to be able to upload them so the quality isn't as like the pictures we have but Arrecife was fantastic! Let me know if you have any questions I can answer! :)

Your wedding looks amazing! I had a couple of comments questions based on the pictures I have kept in the reply.

Calla lillies- my favorite flower! They offered me white roses in the Aqua package- did you upgrade your flowers? What was the cost? I have a jewlery bouquet but would like calla lillies for my bridesmaids.

Your cake is absolutely gorgeous! I love it! You paid for an additional tier right? Do you think its worth it? We have only a two tiered cake.

How was the Dominican trio? We were thinking of having them for cocktail hour. Did your guests enjoy them?

Thanks for posting the Aqua package pics, its the same package I have. My bridesmaids also have blue dresses like your ladies but in two different colors (this was an unfortunate accident I am trying to be optimistic about). Seeing your pics on Olympus terrace saddens me a tad because we are having a beach reception since the terrace was already booked. It looks like you have the LED dance floor on the terrace. Did you think it was worth it? We have to get it because were on the beach, but I was wondering how you thought it made a difference in ambiance.

Lastly- did you do the videography package?

Your wedding looked amazing, best wishes and thanks for all your helpful information. 

Originally Posted by LL117 View Post

Hey Ladies!

Wow!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!pinkie.gif

Amazing. I love it!!!!!! Every time i see pictures i feel more at ease...

Question: Which photography package did you choose?

I really love everything... I also chose the trio for my cocktail hour....would love to know about there work....

Also where did you stay? Did you rent the bridal suite?

Who officiated the wedding? Was it a resort staff...(i keep reading that the staff officiates wedding)

So many questions... 

Hi Ladies,

Another question! For those of you who have done passport invites, where did you order them from?

getting ready to order mine but am debating if i should it is worth it. they are like $5.00 each.

To all the brides that just got back... I'm having my wedding in the garden and they keep telling me that it's going to be too windy for candles. Did you feel that was the case with your wedding? We were planning to light some candles as part of our ceremony and I'm starting to freak out and wondering if I need an alternative plan. Our ceremony is going to be 6pm. Thanks!

Our rehearsal cocktail party was at 6:30 and I had candles as part of my centerpieces, and they could not light them. If you have your heart set on candles, maybe get the flameless type....

Your wedding looks amazing! I had a couple of comments questions based on the pictures I have kept in the reply. Calla lillies- my favorite flower! They offered me white roses in the Aqua package- did you upgrade your flowers? What was the cost? I have a jewlery bouquet but would like calla lillies for my bridesmaids. Your cake is absolutely gorgeous! I love it! You paid for an additional tier right? Do you think its worth it? We have only a two tiered cake. How was the Dominican trio? We were thinking of having them for cocktail hour. Did your guests enjoy them? Thanks for posting the Aqua package pics, its the same package I have. My bridesmaids also have blue dresses like your ladies but in two different colors (this was an unfortunate accident I am trying to be optimistic about). Seeing your pics on Olympus terrace saddens me a tad because we are having a beach reception since the terrace was already booked. It looks like you have the LED dance floor on the terrace. Did you think it was worth it? We have to get it because were on the beach, but I was wondering how you thought it made a difference in ambiance. Lastly- did you do the videography package? Your wedding looked amazing, best wishes and thanks for all your helpful information. 
Calla Lilies are my favorite flower too! I upgraded them. For the bridesmaids, I had them all have smaller versions of mine (which is typically what the maid of honor would carry). I paid $60 per bouquet but they would have been cheaper if I didn't do MOH bouquets for all three of them. I upgraded the cake to a third layer, with piping and aqua fondant for $120. I don't think we needed the third layer but I just thought it would be pretty with it. It turned out so pretty!! The Dominican trio was so fun!! Everyone really enjoyed them. We only caught the tail end of them bc we were taking pictures but everyone said how fun and good they were :) I think the dance floor added so much to the ambiance and really gave extra lighting and fun for the pictures! It was 100% worth it!! We didn't do the videography package... we got so many videos from family and friends from iPhones and cameras so I'm not sad we didn't do that. All in all I am beyond happy we chose PPR for our wedding. The service was fantastic and friendly! Massiel even helped me with my bustle when my MOH was struggling with it. They attended to every detail!

Wow!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!pinkie.gif Amazing. I love it!!!!!! Every time i see pictures i feel more at ease... Question: Which photography package did you choose? I really love everything... I also chose the trio for my cocktail hour....would love to know about there work.... Also where did you stay? Did you rent the bridal suite? Who officiated the wedding? Was it a resort staff...(i keep reading that the staff officiates wedding) So many questions... 
We chose the middle photography package. It was $1500 for 200 pictures and the photographer was there the entire pre-wedding, wedding and reception. They offered us a discount on purchasing more pictures but we stuck to the original package we chose. We stayed in the Royal Service at PPR and that was totally worth it! Our butler made sure all of the bridesmaid dresses were steamed and the grooms' suit and shirt were pressed. We didn't do the bridal suite. We took the getting ready pictures in our room and the guys took theirs at a friends' room. I uses the money to do a spa package for my bridal party, MOB and MOG. They had their choice of facial, massage or body scrub. We had our hair done at the YHI Spa and they all got 15% off bc they were part of my bridal party. I don't know who the officiant was. She spoke English and performed the ceremony in English for us. The only thing we requested was that she speak slowly and broke up the vows into small chunks for us. We also had my husbands brother do a reading at the ceremony. Let me know if I can answer any more questions or post any pics! :)