Sign in to follow this  
colm226

Invitations...

I sent my invites out as soon as I had a wedding date. My wedding is November 30, 2013, all of my invitations have been sent out. Since my guests had to book and pay their first deposit before December 10 (to get a good deal $1299/inclusive), so I went ahead and sent out the invitations for people to book. Now, before the 2nd deposit is due (Feb 10) I will send a reminder (cute letter, info on the hotel etc...)

Then onto the OOT bags! LOL

Originally Posted by shannonmarie View Post

I have a question! We just had our first guest book! So exciting! Wedding is in June 2013, we sent STD's in June 2012. We plan on sending invites along with and RSVP cards with meal choices in January with an RSVP date of mid March... Now my question is, do I send people that have already booked an invite? I don't want to be redundant, but I need their RSVP card b/c it has their meal choice on there. What are my options? 

I would send them out anyway. That is what I am doing. 

Our save the dates went out in April or May, right after we finalized our date and resort. A couple of our invites have gone out, some more will at Christmas, and the rest in January (as we have seen people we have given them theirs; message in a bottle invites so we are trying to ship as few as possible). We pretty much know who is and is not going, and yes, some who said they would at first are not now that it is getting closer to deposit deadline time! 

But I love the invitations and would not dream of NOT doing them... and showing them off! Maybe treat it just as a reminder, or just the meal choice?

Up to you, but I would send them out anyway. :)

how early did you send out save-the-dates...I haven't been able to book the resort yet due to it being too early yet. I wanted to send out my save the dates so that it gives people enough time to save or make arrangements, to come. Should I wait to send them out till I book the resort...or just do it? Were not getting married till May 2014

Originally Posted by STBEngelquist View Post

how early did you send out save-the-dates...I haven't been able to book the resort yet due to it being too early yet. I wanted to send out my save the dates so that it gives people enough time to save or make arrangements, to come. Should I wait to send them out till I book the resort...or just do it? Were not getting married till May 2014

We sent out save the dates a little over a year in advance

I would wait till you have the resort booked just in case something happens. As long as you have them out by May you should be fine. Why haven't you been able to book your resort yet? I was able to book mine about a year and a half before my weding date. If you really want to send them out without being officially booked, you could send out a very general STD with the month and year along with the general location (city/country) and put your website on it with "more information to follow" or something along those lines.

Originally Posted by STBEngelquist View Post

did you have your resort booked?

I did. I made them myself, but was waiting on getting the resort booked. We were able to book the week's trip first, but not the day itself until after. We are getting married in a small resort, off season, so I took a chance that would work out one day that week (preferably the date we wanted.)

So our STDs had our wedding week on them, instead of the specific date.

I have seen ones that just have month and location though; they seem to work fine. I would say wait, unless your group will have lots of people who need to book time off work way in advance.

And yes, it is frustrating because some people, like shannonmarie, are able to book way in advance... others have to wait until a year (or less!) away. And you just want to get the ball rolling!

I think i'm just going to take a chance on the date...cause I don't really care if thats not the exact date...but they people know that it will be within a few days of that.  Plus I'm going to wait for my invites till i hear from the resort about the date anyway, so I can just change it then i guess...

I'm so indecisive!!!