#1 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:30 PM

Hello BDW,

I thought I would post this map that shows the different threat levels in Mexico.

As you can see, most of the higher crime areas are far away from Cancun/Cabo/Puerto Vallarta.

Map of Mexico Crime Areas

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#2 marooon13

marooon13
  • 250 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 25, 2013
  • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:01 PM

Thanks for that, Tammy! My guests will be pleased to see no crime anywhere near Playa del Carmen :o)

#3 Jennamoriss

Jennamoriss
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:45 AM

so...don`t ever go to Mexico :

#4 Jocelin Reyes

Jocelin Reyes
    • 161 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:22 AM

I live in Mexico and I can confirm this. Cancun, los cabos, Playa del carmen etc are crime free. I hope you enjoy my country

#5 KrystalDawn

KrystalDawn
      • 45 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:55 AM

Thanks for the information. I was trying to convince my family we could go to Cabo but I was shot down. The map info is very helpful.

Even a trillion hearts are still too few to hold all the love I have for you<3

#6 Martoca

Martoca
        • Vendor
        • 88 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

Vallarta, Cabo and Cancun beaches are safe to visit. Only big cities are subject to violence and the violence is among gangs anyway. Just like going to Chicago... no worries. So come visit!

www.martoca.com

#7 wallabymeisje

wallabymeisje
          • 152 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

thanks so much for this all i hear in the news is how dangerous Mexico is right now

#8 Martoca

Martoca
            • Vendor
            • 88 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:38 PM

I just finished watching "Ganglands", a TV show on some channel on cable. In 1990s the Hells Angels and the Pagan's were going at it for years and killing themselves and yes, some by standers here and there. My point is unless you are in a gang, want to double cross a drug lord or look for trouble you will be fine. My family lives in Puerto Vallarta and we are all US citizens and have homes in Austin, TX. If we wanted to we would leave but it is just sooooo beautiful in Vallarta and our life is great.... why leave!?

JImmy

#9 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

bumping 

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#10 JessiTaylor

JessiTaylor
              • 296 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

Oh dear, i live at 14, spend weekends at 18, this thursday will be travelling up 13 and fi's family are from 10+ 11.Pretty much all the bad areas in those two states. Even so, i rarely see anything too bad.

i have no qualms suggesting my relatives from back home go to cancun/riviera maya - its fine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users