Sign in to follow this  
TammyWright

Map of Mexico Crime areas

Thanks for that, Tammy! My guests will be pleased to see no crime anywhere near Playa del Carmen :o)

Vallarta, Cabo and Cancun beaches are safe to visit. Only big cities are subject to violence and the violence is among gangs anyway. Just like going to Chicago... no worries. So come visit!

www.martoca.com

I just finished watching "Ganglands", a TV show on some channel on cable. In 1990s the Hells Angels and the Pagan's were going at it for years and killing themselves and yes, some by standers here and there. My point is unless you are in a gang, want to double cross a drug lord or look for trouble you will be fine. My family lives in Puerto Vallarta and we are all US citizens and have homes in Austin, TX. If we wanted to we would leave but it is just sooooo beautiful in Vallarta and our life is great.... why leave!?

JImmy

Oh dear, i live at 14, spend weekends at 18, this thursday will be travelling up 13 and fi's family are from 10+ 11.Pretty much all the bad areas in those two states. Even so, i rarely see anything too bad.

i have no qualms suggesting my relatives from back home go to cancun/riviera maya - its fine!