Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lamdavis

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach

Recommended Posts

Hi Leah,

 

You can book a cocktail hour on the terrace (or Jammin Music Bar before 7pm or the Deep Blue pool deck bar after 6:30pm) as long as you have a minimum of 15 people. You can select that on the final detail sheet once you get it. The form that I received states:

"You can have a cocktail party the day before the wedding as a welcome cocktail, after your wedding ceremony or after dinner…"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by albellis View Post

 

Hi Leah,

 

You can book a cocktail hour on the terrace (or Jammin Music Bar before 7pm or the Deep Blue pool deck bar after 6:30pm) as long as you have a minimum of 15 people. You can select that on the final detail sheet once you get it. The form that I received states:

"You can have a cocktail party the day before the wedding as a welcome cocktail, after your wedding ceremony or after dinner…"

Hi Albellis

 

Did you have to pay for that cocktail hour?

Is this cocktail hour something else aside from the champagne toast after your ceremony? or you can have 2 cocktail hours>?

Any feedback will help!

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The champagne toast isn't considered a cocktail hour, they just set up a table with champagne and glasses, then hand them out as soon as you walk back down the aisle. If you want a cocktail hour immediately following the ceremony on the beach, they can do that too. I was originally planning on that, but we ended up with a smaller group than I originally expected and with half of us taking pictures we wouldn't have met the 15 person minimum. You pay extra for the cocktail hour based on what you want to include. Below is the section of the final details sheet with the options and pricing. This was on their 2012 details sheet, so the pricing may have changed, but it gives you an idea. Hopefully this helps :)

 

Cocktail Parties (***groups of 15 persons or more***)

You can have a cocktail party the day before the wedding as a welcome cocktail, after your wedding ceremony or after dinner…

  • Date: 
  • Time:
  • Locations:      *â€Bob Marley†Terrace

*â€Deep Blue†Pool Bar-pool deck (only after 6:30 pm)

*â€Jammin†Music bar (only before 7:00 pm when it opens for regular guests)

  • Type of Cocktail

Open bar:     

  • International  $10 USD per person per hour
  • National $7USD per person per hour
  • Appetizers:      MENU A (6 items) – US$8 per person per hour,
    • MENU B (12 items)- US$12 per person per hour,
    • MENU C (20 items) US$16 per person per hour.
  • DJ: $150 USD per hour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if you can have a cocktail party after the ceremony, but before the dinner, that's more like 1.5-2 hours long versus 1 hour?

 

We were thinking of doing our first dances & speeches at the cocktail hour, but are worried that won't be a long enough time span.

 

Has anyone done speeches at their dinners? We weren't going to go the private or semi-private route.

 

And when do you all cut the cake?

 

Trying to figure out the best timing of things here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by CGervaisToBe View Post

 

Does anyone know if you can have a cocktail party after the ceremony, but before the dinner, that's more like 1.5-2 hours long versus 1 hour?

 

We were thinking of doing our first dances & speeches at the cocktail hour, but are worried that won't be a long enough time span.

 

Has anyone done speeches at their dinners? We weren't going to go the private or semi-private route.

 

And when do you all cut the cake?

 

Trying to figure out the best timing of things here...

 

Sure, you can have the cocktail party for 2 hours. If you take a look at my previous post, they charge per hour, so they will just double the price.  We had a non-private dinner at Uncle Tony's (only 15 in our group) and while we didn't do speeches, my MOH did get up and thank everyone for coming. She didn't need a mic or anything. We cut the cake after dinner and the wait staff served it to everyone as dessert. We may have run a little over the 1.5 hour timeframe for dinner, but they didn't rush us out or anything. We were all pretty much done with everything by that time anyways and moved on to the lobby bar for drinks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by albellis View Post


Sure, you can have the cocktail party for 2 hours. If you take a look at my previous post, they charge per hour, so they will just double the price.  We had a non-private dinner at Uncle Tony's (only 15 in our group) and while we didn't do speeches, my MOH did get up and thank everyone for coming. She didn't need a mic or anything. We cut the cake after dinner and the wait staff served it to everyone as dessert. We may have run a little over the 1.5 hour timeframe for dinner, but they didn't rush us out or anything. We were all pretty much done with everything by that time anyways and moved on to the lobby bar for drinks.

 

Awesome thanks! Yes, cutting the cake after dinner would be ideal I just worried that there wouldn't be enough time... hopefully they don't kick us out either! ;) Which package did you choose? We are leaning towards the Gold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if you can bounce between different properties? Like if most of the guests are staying at the Hall beach, but want to use the Suites' lazy river can they? Or if we stay at the Suites, can we be married at Hall beach?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by CGervaisToBe View Post

 

Does anyone know if you can bounce between different properties? Like if most of the guests are staying at the Hall beach, but want to use the Suites' lazy river can they? Or if we stay at the Suites, can we be married at Hall beach?

 

Alright so if you are the beach you cannot go on any of the other properties unless you sneak on. Which a couple of us did. You have to hide your wristband bhind your back though because they can tell if your suppose to be there based on your wrist band. If you are at the suites you can get married at the beach and go to the beach at any time. If you stay at the grand you have access to all 3 properties.

 

I hope that has answered your question

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×