Majestic Colonial/Elegance Brides 2012-2013

• Please log in to reply
608 replies to this topic

#31 PuntaBride

PuntaBride
  • 313 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by tkostiuk 

Hi there, We are getting married at the Majestic Colonial Feb 12, The Gazebo at 1pm.

Our price is $1459 +tax out of Saskatoon/Edmonton.

We have decided to do the non private dinner at the beach restaurant. We have about 20 guests. I am looking for ideas for a reception. My guests are most likely not interested in the disco, so I dont really know what we can do?

You could go watch the evening show.  Or there is always live music at a few locations with bars near by!

#32 chrystine888

chrystine888
    • 93 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:49 AM

Hello Ladies!!!! 

I have just "tentatively" decided to have my... uhem "our" wedding at the Majestic Elegance after a disappointing turn of events with our original plans at Breezes, Curacao.  I called and sent two emails to ME on Friday trying to get information.  I got a reply on Monday and immediately responded with questions.  I then sent another email and called them to ask if I could secure a date and time, but they said it could only be handled through email.  It is now Wednesday and I still haven't heard anything.  I want to get married next May and want to get the spot reserved before there is no more availability.  Has anyone else had any trouble communicating with them?  Any suggestions?   I think I will relax once I have our date locked in but right now I'm on pins and needles waiting for replies! 

OK, I'll take a deep breath now!  LOL!

-Chrystine

#33 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
      • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

Welcome to the forum! I  (we) are confirmed for May the 29th, 2013 at 6PM at the Gazebo.. :o)

From what I have read it is easier to work with a Travel Agent to let them to all the confirming with ME. My TA had us booked within a few hours. Are you using a travel agent?

#34 PuntaBride

PuntaBride
        • 313 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by chrystine888 

Hello Ladies!!!! 

I have just "tentatively" decided to have my... uhem "our" wedding at the Majestic Elegance after a disappointing turn of events with our original plans at Breezes, Curacao.  I called and sent two emails to ME on Friday trying to get information.  I got a reply on Monday and immediately responded with questions.  I then sent another email and called them to ask if I could secure a date and time, but they said it could only be handled through email.  It is now Wednesday and I still haven't heard anything.  I want to get married next May and want to get the spot reserved before there is no more availability.  Has anyone else had any trouble communicating with them?  Any suggestions?   I think I will relax once I have our date locked in but right now I'm on pins and needles waiting for replies! 

OK, I'll take a deep breath now!  LOL!

-Chrystine

I've decided on ME in May 2013 as well.  I have been in contact with the coordinator a few times to pick my wedding date.  They usually take anywhere from 1-3 days to respond ... this is what I found.  

Definitely inquire about all of the dates and times they have available.  They have a certain number of spots open for both the symbolic and civil ceremonies.  May seems to be a popular month at this resort!

Good luck!  Let us know when you have some success in booking :)  I'm getting married on May 9th.

#35 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
          • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by PuntaBride 

I've decided on ME in May 2013 as well.  I have been in contact with the coordinator a few times to pick my wedding date.  They usually take anywhere from 1-3 days to respond ... this is what I found.  

Definitely inquire about all of the dates and times they have available.  They have a certain number of spots open for both the symbolic and civil ceremonies.  May seems to be a popular month at this resort!

Good luck!  Let us know when you have some success in booking :)  I'm getting married on May 9th.

PuntaBride!!.. You got your date confirmed?!  Is it the later time or around 1:00?

#36 PuntaBride

PuntaBride
            • 313 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 

PuntaBride!!.. You got your date confirmed?!  Is it the later time or around 1:00?

Yes, we did :)  We ended up taking the 1:00pm ... hoping that it might change to a later time closer to the date!

#37 chrystine888

chrystine888
              • 93 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:51 PM

Congratulations Bubbles on your confirmed date and time!

Yes, I got so frustrated that I emailed my travel agent and she is now on them!  No luck yet on getting any responses though :-(

#38 chrystine888

chrystine888
                • 93 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:53 PM

Congratulations Punta Date on getting that set!  I'm still on pins and needles!!!

#39 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
                  • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:48 PM

I can't quote for some reason....  :o(     PuntaBride: Well I am glad you went ahead and got a date confirmed!!.. :o) Maybe someone will back out of one of the later slots soon for you. :-P But if not, I'm sure it will still be just as you imagined. :o)  

#40 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
                    • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:53 PM

Thanks Chrystine! :o)

Ugh.. I understand your frustrarion.. ( I had the same issue when we were planning on going to Atlantis in the Bahamas.) My FI stayed on hold for an hour just for someone to pick up and hang up.. And they took forever to respond to my TA. Soooo glad we changed our destination.

The ME was rather quick with my confirmation. I hope they respond to you soon!!.. May seems to be a popular month for ME. Are you looking for a specific day in May?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users