Courtney & Matthew's Iberostar Rose Hall Suites May 4, 2013 Planning Thread

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#91 CourtandMatt

CourtandMatt
  • 366 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Dazeydawl 

My gosh you are just so organized I love it!!!! Mainly cause we hav the same date and I'm not organized so it helps me know where I have to be lol

I love figleaves.com!!!!!!!! I bought 3 new bikinis that just arrived last week!! I'm fairly small body frame wise but I am definately blessed lol I have to buy bikinis in bra sizes or they just don't work for me. I think they have great prices all 3 of my bikinis cost me what 1.5 would cost me here at a specialty store

I am so happy that you have the same issue with bikinis!  I have to order from figleaves and so I thought it would be fun to get my ladies bikinis from figleaves.  I just hope they works for them.  

#92 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
    • 861 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

I am so happy that you have the same issue with bikinis!  I have to order from figleaves and so I thought it would be fun to get my ladies bikinis from figleaves.  I just hope they works for them.  

I get all my bras there too. I love freya I just got one on clearance for $19 cad. Here freya bras cost a min of $90 upto $130. Our specialty stores rip us off

#93 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
      • 861 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

I get all my bras there too. I love freya I just got one on clearance for $19 cad. Here freya bras cost a min of $90 upto $130. Our specialty stores rip us off

#94 ChelseaCat802

ChelseaCat802
        • Site Supporter
        • 229 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by CourtandMatt 

MISC. WEDDING STUFF

HANGER

I purchased a Mrs. Doolin hanger from the original maker of these hangers: Lila Frances.  

MY PINTEREST:   

TABLE NUMBERS

CANDLES FOR RECEPTION TABLES:

They were $0.79 each.  They can be found here: 

WELCOME BUCKET:  We are giving our guests sand buckets (Oriental Trading Company), snacks from Costco (Chewy granola bar, fruit snacks, cookies, etc.), mini sun blocks and aloe (from Target and Dollar Tree), sunglasses (dhgate.com), welcome brochure (Vistaprint) and sticker to go on the bucket (Vistaprint).

WEDDING PROGRAMS:  We got raffia fans from Oriental Trading Company and postcards from Vistaprint.  Will post photos in my post wedding thread. 

Courtney I love your brochures! Where did you get them printed? Did you use a template? Love the organization of it!

#95 AandNJam

AandNJam
          • 27 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

Love your updates, the buckets are cute! Looks like you're all set to have a fabulous trip!! I find organization helps me stress less (since it's something I can control :)), so hopefully you're not too stressed either!

Yes that would be awesome to meet afterwards!! I can learn more and you can relive the fun!

For your laterns from justartifacts.com, I think you mentioned here or on fb they don't have a fuel cell in them? so no fuel instead it's like a candle, I think? The ones I see on their website have fuel cells http://www.justartif...et/flskyla.html what's your secret? or maybe I am reading it wrong?

-Amber

Hi, Kincey12

We estimated 60 guests and so we blocked 30 rooms at $100 per room = $3,000.  We ended up letting go like 8 or 9 rooms with our 53 guests and getting our entire $3,000 back because we let go the rooms before the deadline and all of the rest of the rooms were fully paid.  

Courtney

That's awesome that you are in DC!   Maybe after my wedding we can meet up and I can tell you all the DOs and DO NOTs! I did this with a former IRHS bride who used to live in DC!   

We are using DJ Kevan.  We are hopefully going to pay the full amount a week or two before the wedding so I don't have to worry about it on our wedding day.  I think we used paypal the first time, so we will just do that again.

I will post some information about our welcome bags soon.  I need to update this planning thread anyways!   

How's your planning coming along?

#96 CourtandMatt

CourtandMatt
            • 366 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by ChelseaCat802 

Courtney I love your brochures! Where did you get them printed? Did you use a template? Love the organization of it!

Chelsea:   I did it on Vistaprint.  They had that template under their brochures.  I couldn't find it when I just looked real quick on Vistaprint's website, but the template is def. in there somewhere. 

Originally Posted by AandNJam 

Love your updates, the buckets are cute! Looks like you're all set to have a fabulous trip!! I find organization helps me stress less (since it's something I can control :)), so hopefully you're not too stressed either!

Yes that would be awesome to meet afterwards!! I can learn more and you can relive the fun!

For your laterns from justartifacts.com, I think you mentioned here or on fb they don't have a fuel cell in them? so no fuel instead it's like a candle, I think? The ones I see on their website have fuel cells http://www.justartif...et/flskyla.html what's your secret? or maybe I am reading it wrong?

-Amber

Amber:

The FAQs on justartifacts' website says the following: Q: Can I take sky lanterns across the border/on a plane?
              A: You are able to travel with these items; the fuel source for the lanterns is a wax paper block, similar to a candle.

Hope that helps!

Court

#97 CourtandMatt

CourtandMatt
              • 366 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

Our programs are finished!  Raffia fans from Oriental Trading Company and postcards from Vistaprint.  I super glued the postcards to the fan.  

#98 KWandCM

KWandCM
                • 189 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:49 AM

Your planning thread is so inspiring! The fans & programs look great. Were you happy with the quality of the fans? 

#99 CourtandMatt

CourtandMatt
                  • 366 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:37 AM

Your planning thread is so inspiring! The fans & programs look great. Were you happy with the quality of the fans? 

The fans are really good quality. I was shocked how nice they were and you could totally make them even better by adding ribbon to them or whatever else you wish to add.

#100 KWandCM

KWandCM
                    • 189 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:40 AM

The fans are really good quality. I was shocked how nice they were and you could totally make them even better by adding ribbon to them or whatever else you wish to add.

Glad to hear it! Everything is coming together so nicely. Barely over a month away now! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users