Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
PrecisePlans

My Riu Ocho Rios Vision

Recommended Posts

I'm trying to compare what other brides have been quoted and what we are quoted. For example, Chandlyn quoting my travel agent $50 per head for dinner at the Plantation Restaurant. I thought perhaps there was an additional charge due to the difference in dates, as I knew there was an included menu (thanks Lizz!!). I wasn't sure and just want to be knowledgeable about what I should and shouldn't be paying for!! Also, there seems to be a new price list out for renting the disco for 2008? Does anyone know what the cost per hour?

 

Thanks!

 

ps. My travel agent sent me a huge selection of the bouquets available...would anyone need this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
I'm trying to compare what other brides have been quoted and what we are quoted. For example, Chandlyn quoting my travel agent $50 per head for dinner at the Plantation Restaurant. I thought perhaps there was an additional charge due to the difference in dates, as I knew there was an included menu (thanks Lizz!!). I wasn't sure and just want to be knowledgeable about what I should and shouldn't be paying for!!

ps. My travel agent sent me a huge selection of the bouquets available...would anyone need this?

The costs for the dinner at Plantation that I was given range from $25-35 per person for the buffets. It was only when I directly asked her if there was a "free" menu that she said there was. I have all 3 menus with the prices written on them that I can send you, Cherie, so you can show them to your TA.

Thanks for the bouquet offer. I'm actually using an outside florist though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by pouchie View Post
I don't think you have to pay any extras for outside guests. I think the $50.00 includes dinner and drinks unless you decide to go with an upgraded menu then you would pay extra per person on top of the $50.00. Are you paying for your outside guests to come for the day? We might have a couple guests staying at a different resort and I wasn't sure whether we should pay the visiting fees or them?
Yes, I have family that lives in Jamaica so I would need about 20 guest passes or so (I'm paying for my family plus 1 guest each). I'm hoping that the $50 includes ceremony AND dinner. I've been trying to find out how much it would be for children because I have some younger cousins that would like to attend, but I hope that I don't have to pay $50 for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizz View Post
The costs for the dinner at Plantation that I was given range from $25-35 per person for the buffets. It was only when I directly asked her if there was a "free" menu that she said there was. I have all 3 menus with the prices written on them that I can send you, Cherie, so you can show them to your TA.

Thanks for the bouquet offer. I'm actually using an outside florist though!

Lizz, who are you using for your floristhuh.gif Cherie, yes, can you send the bouquet arrangement to me. Thanks so muchsmile123.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wonder at the conflicting information! It all comes from the same source (Chandlyn), unless getting it third party changed the message, or maybe I misunderstood? smile41.gif

 

Thank you for the offer Lizz, I think I'll let my TA talk to Chandlyn and see what comes of it. Maybe in the near future I may take you up on your offer if things are unresolved?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn, I wish my resort did that!!! My original place did, but when I asked Beaches, they wouldn't even consider it! Maybe I will try to force it, since it seems like a pretty normal thing to do.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizz View Post
Hey! I'm having between 65-85 guests. I'm having my dinner at the Plantation and they offer an "included" menu, which is no extra charge per guest. But you do need to pay $250 per hour to have dinner there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by md_ocr View Post
Lizz, who are you using for your floristhuh.gif Cherie, yes, can you send the bouquet arrangement to me. Thanks so muchsmile123.gif
You're welcome...I'm at work, but will send it to you as soon as I'm home!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
I just wonder at the conflicting information! It all comes from the same source (Chandlyn), unless getting it third party changed the message, or maybe I misunderstood? smile41.gif

Thank you for the offer Lizz, I think I'll let my TA talk to Chandlyn and see what comes of it. Maybe in the near future I may take you up on your offer if things are unresolved?
Let us know what happens!

Just so you know...
On page 3 of this thread, I have listed all of the menus that Chandlyn sent me, along with the prices:

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...-brides-3.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by md_ocr View Post
Lizz, who are you using for your floristhuh.gif Cherie, yes, can you send the bouquet arrangement to me. Thanks so muchsmile123.gif
I wasn't thrilled with the flowers that RIU offers (or their prices!), so I emailed a bunch of florists that I found online in the Jamaican yellow pages and got quotes from them. I am going with Kreations Florists. They are very reasonable, can get me the flowers I want (gerber daisies) and tend to get back to me a lot faster than Chandlyn (lol!). Their email address is: kreationsflowers@yahoo.com. The woman that I am working with is Kerry Patterson. I was also considering All Wrapped Up, but their prices were higher. Here is their info: allwrappedupja@kasnet.com and the person is Paula Fenton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×