Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
~Melissa~

Crash Dieting . . .

Recommended Posts

These are all options: I choose one from each of the lists.

I donâ€t eat eggs/shellfish/ and some other randoms so my lists are tailored for my food tastes

Breakfast: 200 calories

*Dannon light and fit yogurt (any flavor 60 calories) with fresh or frozen berries; sometimes I add about a cup of high fiber cereal

*packet low sugar oatmeal with berries and light vanilla soymilk (adds protein)

*bowl of go lean or Kashi cereal with light vanilla soy or ff milk

*Southbeach diet breakfast wrap (so good) 1 is 200 calories

Snack 1 200 calores

*1/2 cup cottage cheese with various add ins (sliced grapes/canteloup/ak-mak crackers/soy crisps; cottage cheese is usually 80 cal + about 100 worth of any add ins

*southbeach high protein cereal bar and 1 light string cheese/ or a piece of fruit

*200 calorie serving of almonds

Lunch: 300 calories

*usually itâ€s a frozen meal (smart ones, lean cuisine, healthy choice) under 300 calories with ½ cup of frozen veggies added in/ or sometimes I add salsa and ff sour cream to the Mexican flavored ones; I add frozen stir fry mix type veggies to most of them….makes them bigger 

*200 calorie minestrone soup with ¼ cup parm or romano cheese stirred in

*any low sodium soups are good since they fill me up (look out for serving sizes-they have 2!)

*low carb wrap (look for the ones at the grocery store that are about 80 calories) with tuna/or lunch meat, tomato, lettuce, and salad dressing instead of mayo

Snack 2: 200 calories

*apple and advantage edge 100 calorie protein shake

*apple and string cheese

*baby carrots, hummus, and a string cheese

Dinner: 400 calories

*This totally varies….but some of my favâ€s; We generally have a protein and veggie and thatâ€s it. We arenâ€t low carb because of diets…just not really into breads/rice/pastas

*taco salad with ground turkey breast meat, peppers, red onion, tomatoes, shredded light cheese, ¼ avocado chucks; ff ranch or ff thousand dressing; I also make homemade dressing with equal parts ff sour cream and salsa

*Chicken and steamed broccoli

*chicken stir fry with spray oil (saves calories) with any frozen stir fry veggie mix (we use bit of yoshidas for sauce

*BBQ salmon and green beans

*Jenny O turkey tenderloin and veggie side

*BBQ chicken and baked sweet potato with spray butter and steamed veggies or broccoli slaw

*Black bean soup: I have a killer recipe that is super easy I can give you

*Tuna melts (use the 40 calorie sliced bread) tuna mixed with balsamic dressing, ff mayo and basil; topped with low fat mozzarella….bomb!

*Asian salad: we buy the frozen lettuce wrap mix from safewayâ€s eating right brand; romaine lettuce, red peppers, green onions, red onion, bean sprouts, pea pods, peanut sauce for dressing ( I have a homemade recipe that is super easy)

 

My tips:

I use the “I canâ€t believe itâ€s not butter spray on everything! It makes all veggies taste really good

I use Mrs Dash salt free on everything also; all varieties are good

Look at the sugar grams on labels…this is what really got me to lose the last few lbs

Splenda really is heavenly….I use it in tea, in baking, on fruit and strawberries is best

I buy frozen berries ( I add them to oatmeal, yogurt, smoothies)

Buy a good tasting, low calorie protein powder (you can add it to a lot of things)

Buy benefiber clear stuff in the green bottle and add teaspoons of it to all of your meals (fiber is good at regulating body weight)

I use spray oil (PAM) instead of oil in almost all of my cooking

Grill all of your meats…no oil….no mess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great list Amy. I wish I didn't like bread and pasta and rice, I would be a lot skinnier. lol

 

Thank you for sharing, I will use some of them and modify others. I never even thought about making taco salad, YUM!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaydensMama View Post
Amy that is a fantastic list! I think its really great that you posted it and your workout routine. Its inspiring to see such a slim gorgeous woman share her tips!!
Good! elefant.gif I hope it can come to some use. There are just so many diet misconceptions out there....(and I am by no means an expert!) I thought I would share what works for me. Sometimes our girlfriends/family can be such diet sabotagers that it is nice to be able to support eachother here! With a little encouragement and some great tips all of us can reach our goals!....wow...what a Sunday school response....smile117.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaydensMama View Post
Well I have lost a total of 7lbs in 12 days, so Ill tell you what Im doing.

Breakfast- Vanilla Slimfast with 1/2C frozen raspberries (blended together)

Snack- pudding/yogurt/apple (anything small, just 1 though)

Lunch- 1 Lean Cuisine Meal and a salad with 1tbs of dressing

Snack- (same as above)

Dinner- Anything, just a small portion and a salad

and if Im hungry before bed I have another small snack. I think its really portion control with me. I totally suck at it so I think this is helping!

Good luck hun!!!
Laura thats fantastic!!! Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy&andy08 View Post
These are all options: I choose one from each of the lists.
I donâ€t eat eggs/shellfish/ and some other randoms so my lists are tailored for my food tastes
Breakfast: 200 calories
*Dannon light and fit yogurt (any flavor 60 calories) with fresh or frozen berries; sometimes I add about a cup of high fiber cereal
*packet low sugar oatmeal with berries and light vanilla soymilk (adds protein)
*bowl of go lean or Kashi cereal with light vanilla soy or ff milk
*Southbeach diet breakfast wrap (so good) 1 is 200 calories
Snack 1 200 calores
*1/2 cup cottage cheese with various add ins (sliced grapes/canteloup/ak-mak crackers/soy crisps; cottage cheese is usually 80 cal + about 100 worth of any add ins
*southbeach high protein cereal bar and 1 light string cheese/ or a piece of fruit
*200 calorie serving of almonds
Lunch: 300 calories
*usually itâ€s a frozen meal (smart ones, lean cuisine, healthy choice) under 300 calories with ½ cup of frozen veggies added in/ or sometimes I add salsa and ff sour cream to the Mexican flavored ones; I add frozen stir fry mix type veggies to most of them….makes them bigger 
*200 calorie minestrone soup with ¼ cup parm or romano cheese stirred in
*any low sodium soups are good since they fill me up (look out for serving sizes-they have 2!)
*low carb wrap (look for the ones at the grocery store that are about 80 calories) with tuna/or lunch meat, tomato, lettuce, and salad dressing instead of mayo
Snack 2: 200 calories
*apple and advantage edge 100 calorie protein shake
*apple and string cheese
*baby carrots, hummus, and a string cheese
Dinner: 400 calories
*This totally varies….but some of my favâ€s; We generally have a protein and veggie and thatâ€s it. We arenâ€t low carb because of diets…just not really into breads/rice/pastas
*taco salad with ground turkey breast meat, peppers, red onion, tomatoes, shredded light cheese, ¼ avocado chucks; ff ranch or ff thousand dressing; I also make homemade dressing with equal parts ff sour cream and salsa
*Chicken and steamed broccoli
*chicken stir fry with spray oil (saves calories) with any frozen stir fry veggie mix (we use bit of yoshidas for sauce
*BBQ salmon and green beans
*Jenny O turkey tenderloin and veggie side
*BBQ chicken and baked sweet potato with spray butter and steamed veggies or broccoli slaw
*Black bean soup: I have a killer recipe that is super easy I can give you
*Tuna melts (use the 40 calorie sliced bread) tuna mixed with balsamic dressing, ff mayo and basil; topped with low fat mozzarella….bomb!
*Asian salad: we buy the frozen lettuce wrap mix from safewayâ€s eating right brand; romaine lettuce, red peppers, green onions, red onion, bean sprouts, pea pods, peanut sauce for dressing ( I have a homemade recipe that is super easy)

My tips:
I use the “I canâ€t believe itâ€s not butter spray on everything! It makes all veggies taste really good
I use Mrs Dash salt free on everything also; all varieties are good
Look at the sugar grams on labels…this is what really got me to lose the last few lbs
Splenda really is heavenly….I use it in tea, in baking, on fruit and strawberries is best
I buy frozen berries ( I add them to oatmeal, yogurt, smoothies)
Buy a good tasting, low calorie protein powder (you can add it to a lot of things)
Buy benefiber clear stuff in the green bottle and add teaspoons of it to all of your meals (fiber is good at regulating body weight)
I use spray oil (PAM) instead of oil in almost all of my cooking
Grill all of your meats…no oil….no mess
Amy thanks for sharing, it really helps to have other people in the same boat trying to lose weight, I feel like everyone in my life just eats whatever they want and I fall into the trap!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Laura that's fabulous. i'm so proud of you girl. 7 in 12... wowzers. Congrats it must feel so good to know you can do it.

 

Thanks Amy for those meal ideas. I know sugar is such a killer. FH is all about ZERO sugar in the house. Grocery shopping takes forever because we (well HE) reads the labels on everything.

 

Today at the ice cream shack i brought protein powder form home and used their milk, bananas, berries and pineapple to make me a shake for lunch. Morning I had 2 hard boiled eggs. For dinner I was a good girl yet again and had brocolli with lemon on top as well as salmon in a garlic butter sauce. i know butter is bad but it was the healthy not really butter stuff. hahaha

 

Now I AM going to do my workout. promise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raeka View Post
Laura that's fabulous. i'm so proud of you girl. 7 in 12... wowzers. Congrats it must feel so good to know you can do it.

Thanks Amy for those meal ideas. I know sugar is such a killer. FH is all about ZERO sugar in the house. Grocery shopping takes forever because we (well HE) reads the labels on everything.

Today at the ice cream shack i brought protein powder form home and used their milk, bananas, berries and pineapple to make me a shake for lunch. Morning I had 2 hard boiled eggs. For dinner I was a good girl yet again and had brocolli with lemon on top as well as salmon in a garlic butter sauce. i know butter is bad but it was the healthy not really butter stuff. hahaha

Now I AM going to do my workout. promise.
Did you do your workout?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Jill.

 

Yep I'm proud to say I did it LOL then i was hungry AGAIN so i had a cucumber hah. Did you do good today Julie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raeka View Post
Thanks Jill.

Yep I'm proud to say I did it LOL then i was hungry AGAIN so i had a cucumber hah. Did you do good today Julie?
I ate really well today. I did not get to the gym, but I looked after a 2 year old and a 3 month old, so that is a workout right? lol I had to help out my sister, she is stressed about my shower on Sunday and she needed to go shopping for some things. So I said I would watch her girls while she did her errands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×