Photo

Avens' Mayan Rivieria Planning Thread! - 12.01.12

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 Sharon99

Sharon99
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:55 AM

Congrats! Looks like everyone had a great time! I have been eyeing those oot bags & think I will order those ones. The sunset worked out perfectly. Pics looks gorgeous!

-TropicLover - I see your a May bride...just a thought, I dont think the sun sets the same time as it does in Jan.

#22 TropicLover

TropicLover
    • 293 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:54 AM

You're totally right!  I looked up the predicted sunset time for May 11, 2012 and they say 7:15 pm.  I then took a look at the monthly averages (lol yes I'm a bit of nerd) and found this site: http://cancunmap.com...cun-sunset.html

which says that in May there's approximately 13 hours of daylight with the average sunset starting at 6:50 pm.  I'm thinking we'll be okay with our ceremony from 5 - 5:30 pm and cocktails from 5:30 - 6:30 pm.  Our B&G and wedding party pictures will be taken before the ceremony.  Thanks for the heads up!

Originally Posted by Sharon99 

Congrats! Looks like everyone had a great time! I have been eyeing those oot bags & think I will order those ones. The sunset worked out perfectly. Pics looks gorgeous!

-TropicLover - I see your a May bride...just a thought, I dont think the sun sets the same time as it does in Jan.

#23 Avens

Avens
      • 576 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

My WC was really helpful in planning for the sunset to! That would make sense for May, ours was a bit earlier in January.

Originally Posted by TropicLover 

You're totally right!  I looked up the predicted sunset time for May 11, 2012 and they say 7:15 pm.  I then took a look at the monthly averages (lol yes I'm a bit of nerd) and found this site: http://cancunmap.com...cun-sunset.html

which says that in May there's approximately 13 hours of daylight with the average sunset starting at 6:50 pm.  I'm thinking we'll be okay with our ceremony from 5 - 5:30 pm and cocktails from 5:30 - 6:30 pm.  Our B&G and wedding party pictures will be taken before the ceremony.  Thanks for the heads up!

#24 Avens

Avens
        • 576 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:50 PM

Thank you!

To be honest, I wasn't sure how it would work either.  But she had a vision and I trusted her - and it turned out great.  I was worried it was to long and would julius caesar off the front of my head.  I really love how it turned out.

Originally Posted by J and G 2012 

Beautiful Avens! Great details, awesome pictures!

I love the hair vine! Never would have though about anything like it, but it looks great!

#25 FireyNurse

FireyNurse
          • 389 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:13 PM

Thanks for the review Avens - great work! Your wedding was gorgeous!

Just a question - do you mind sharing where you got the flowers to make your corsages/bouts? I would love to do something like that, I absolutely love plumeria flowers!

Thanks!

#26 Avens

Avens
            • 576 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:23 PM

Thanks!

I also got them from Bloombridal.  She has bulk flowers you can order (which was really hard to find!).

I know because I ordered my bouquet, the prices were cheaper than on the website. You might want to contact her - maybe if you ordered a corsage or bout (I know FH's was made by her, and was really nice, and only about $10) you would get some extra for the discount price. Below are the links for the Plumeria and the Orchids.

http://www.bloombrid...lypage.tpl.html

http://www.bloombrid...lypage.tpl.html

One of my bridesmaids used my extra plumeria on her dress, but I do have two stems of the green orchids leftover that are listed on classified add, if you didn't need the 6 stems.

http://www.bestdesti...olders-lip-balm

Originally Posted by FireyNurse 

Thanks for the review Avens - great work! Your wedding was gorgeous!

Just a question - do you mind sharing where you got the flowers to make your corsages/bouts? I would love to do something like that, I absolutely love plumeria flowers!

Thanks!

#27 AllieH

AllieH
              • Resort/Area Ambassadors
              • 2,014 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
              • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
              • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:22 PM

wow Avens - amazing wedding! thank you sooo much for sharing your planning. 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#28 Brenners

Brenners
              • 807 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:45 PM

Avens this is great!  I LOVE the coconut in the heart idea and am totally stealing it!  We do not want the clinking glasses either so that is a great idea!  The reviews and pics are fabulous and very helpful.  Your wedding was beautiful and you look like you had fun.  Congratulations!

#29 FireyNurse

FireyNurse
                • 389 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:12 PM

Great to know, perhaps I will contact her because I am sure if I buy all the flowers I would want to make my own bouquets and corsages/bouts it would be just as costly if I just ordered from her...and I am SURE her arrangements would look much nicer than mine! haha

#30 Avens

Avens
                  • 576 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:43 AM

That is kind of how I figured it.  I was going to make my own - then got a few quotes, and figured out what it would cost for the flowers I wanted, and it wasn't much more to get her to make it.  You could always look at getting her to make yours, then making the bridesmaids and corsages and things? I was really happy with her work.

Originally Posted by FireyNurse 

Great to know, perhaps I will contact her because I am sure if I buy all the flowers I would want to make my own bouquets and corsages/bouts it would be just as costly if I just ordered from her...and I am SURE her arrangements would look much nicer than mine! haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users