Cleaners nightmare!

I am not sure where to post this but I just wanted to share:

I picked up my dress from the cleaners last night. The same cleaners that cleaned it before my wedding. Before the wedding the owner was extremely nice and explained the process of cleaning it. It was two weeks before my wedding so I was a nervous wreck. They did a fabulous job. SO....Last night when I picked up my dress I noticed not only was it dingy and a slight color off the beading on the dress was messed up. I went back in and asked if they had sent it out with the beads on instead of cleaning it in house like I asked. The girl at the front without looking at it, immediately went and got the owner. He came out with his hands in his pockets and stood three feet away and said what is it? I explained and his respond was "no one will notice." WTF? So I calmly explained that the issue was not someone would notice it was the issue of that the dress is not in the shape it was before I brought it to them. HE shrugged and said is it you don't want to pay? OMG! I said I've already paid..you don't really seem sorry and your attitude as a biz owner is appalling! Long story short I made give me a copy of the "non-liability" release he had me sign. He rolled his eyes huffed and puffed and made me a copy where he had written in AFTER i signed it "not liable for beads and sequins" http://www.pantorium.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMMYM View Post
OH April I'm so sorry, this whole thing reminds me of what I would see on the Judge Judy TV show. I would go higher and complain to the BBB, and maybe take him to small claims.

BTW, welcome back, I never see you around anymore.
April, that is terrible! I would definitely take it farther. I know you signed a liability release, but if you have pictures of the dress before and after I don't see how small claims court could not rule in your favor.

Tammy- Judge Judy...you are hilarious!

right? Well..i filed a complaint with BBB and I sent the form to a lawyer friend to read over. Meanwhile I went to the shop I bought the dress and the owner was sooo nice. She refered a cleaners that specializes in restoring gowns and she is going to help me order new beads from the designer. I just can't believe this mans attitude! I've never experienced such appalling behavior froma biz. I think they had to already have known when they gave it to me. Anyway. ..hopefully it will work out. Sometimes I am on here just lurking ..learning how to navigate the forum! All my wedding planning energy is now into decorating our house so I am a regular on furniture websites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMMYM View Post
Ummm April, we just so happen to have a martha stewart want be folder,, I think that would be a great way to post your decorating and let us still stay in contact with you.. :-) maybe some picturs as well? Just thought I would mention it.. :-)
You took the thought right outta my head Tammy!

April - what a total bummer about your dress! I can't believe the nonchalant attitude the shop owner took with you. Hello??!! It's your wedding dress - kinda important! I think you did the right thing by going to the BBB. Good job.

And, yeah, you should follow TammyM's suggestion & keep in touch with us thru the Martha Stewart thread! We miss you! pinkie.gif

I agree with all the girls- share your decorating tips with us and keep in touch! Eventually we too will be able to talk about something besides wedding dresses, coordinating issues and stress!

I also like Tammy's idea about writing a horrible review to post everywhere...A little blackmail never hurt anyone! smile67.gif