lolo411

Guestbook idea for small guest count?

Update to this idea... my fiance is a photographer on the side, so we are going to make a book of the pictures he takes in Mexico during our wedding week, and make a large picture book for our guests to sign at the AHR.  So excited that the pictures will be our own and it's something we'll want to look at for the rest of our lives! 

Originally Posted by Krs398 View Post

LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea!!! I might still do postcards for our mexico wedding and then find a book down there and use it for our home reception.  depending on the book, maybe people will be able to sign anywhere in the book since there will be more room for all of them. how unique!

I am having a small amount of guests at our wedding and really LOVE the quilt guest book idea (I am having a really difficult time finding any info on it). Basically you get guests to write their name and thought/advice for the bride and groom and then sew the squares into a quilt. Here are some pics I was able to find. Has anyone found any further thread re: this idea??quilt.jpgquilt 2.jpg

I LOVE the idea because you can do it with any amount of guests and it is something that will be in our home forever.

Such a great idea!

We will be having a small group.... 10-15 probably, no more than 20. 

We are doing a small photo book and having people sign it yearbook-style. We are using the same book for our AHR though. On the back inside cover I am going to record the people who are coming to DR with us first; then we can keep it separate in our minds when we look back at it, and tell who was at which event years down the road....

Hopefully!

Originally Posted by soonCB View Post

I am having a small amount of guests at our wedding and really LOVE the quilt guest book idea (I am having a really difficult time finding any info on it). Basically you get guests to write their name and thought/advice for the bride and groom and then sew the squares into a quilt. Here are some pics I was able to find. Has anyone found any further thread re: this idea??quilt.jpgquilt 2.jpg

I LOVE the idea because you can do it with any amount of guests and it is something that will be in our home forever.

I have never heard or seen this idea before...  Thanks for sharing!! This is a great idea!..

Love this idea too!

I am glad that everyone likes that idea. i tihnk I am going to try and do it. Will search the net and see if I can find ideas on how to make everything come together. I will post when I have a better idea. I personally can not quilt, so I will have to get someone else to do it.

PS. I really like the ideas of of photobooks yearbook style :) I just could see it sitting on a shelf and not looked at very often in our house. Or looked at too much by my child :)

Really cute idea! I've never heard of this before. If sewing was something in my bag of tricks I would definitely be doing this.

Quote:

I love the message in a bottle idea and the quilt idea!!!

I have also heard of people having their guests sign puzzles pieces then putting it together and framing it for their wall...