Photo

2013 Gran Caribe Real/ Royal Cancun Brides

• Please log in to reply
1449 replies to this topic

#61 mizpriya

mizpriya
  • 268 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

On another note, I wanted to hear from all the 2013 brides....

How's it going? Getting excited like me for next year?

Any of you in contact with your Wedding Coordinators? Who are you dealing with and how's it going so far?

Vent, suggest and compliment!

Talk soon ladies!

#62 Emily11386

Emily11386
    • Site Supporter
    • 244 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

Hey, I'm definitely getting excited! We spent yesterday with some of our families and they are getting excited too. I was actually surprised that some of my family members that weren't thrilled about the trip are now starting to feel differently. Everyone was passing the lap tops around and talking about what rooms they want. Also leaving for our vacation to Le Blanc in 26 days! Can't wait!
      May 10, 2013 at The Gran Caribe Real/ Royal Cancun
      33 adults (including bride & groom) and 3 kids booked!

#63 mizpriya

mizpriya
      • 268 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

i heard Le Blanc is quite the experience. you each get your own butler!!!

Originally Posted by Emily11386 

Hey,
        I'm definitely getting excited! We spent yesterday with some of our families and they are getting excited too. I was actually surprised that some of my family members that weren't thrilled about the trip are now starting to feel differently. Everyone was passing the lap tops around and talking about what rooms they want. Also leaving for our vacation to Le Blanc in 26 days! Can't wait!

#64 VC2013

VC2013
        • 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

Hi Guys!

I am also getting married at the Gran Caribe Real on May 1, 2013! We are doing a Catholic Ceremony at the Chapel.

So glad there is a forum for this.

So excited!

#65 Emily11386

Emily11386
          • Site Supporter
          • 244 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

I just heard from our coordinator about the rules of the chapel. In them it says that everyone must have their shoulders covered. I asked her about my wedding dress since it is strapless and about bridesmaids dresses and I was told we must wear a shawl or a pashmina. She sent us something to sign acknowledging the rules. Apparently they never inforced this until now. It's making me question getting married in the chapel.

#66 mizpriya

mizpriya
            • 268 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:34 AM

Ahhh! Too many rules to get married with a Catholic ceremony. I am Catholic and not to be rude or anything, but I hate all the rules... lol

Originally Posted by Emily11386 

I just heard from our coordinator about the rules of the chapel. In them it says that everyone must have their shoulders covered. I asked her about my wedding dress since it is strapless and about bridesmaids dresses and I was told we must wear a shawl or a pashmina. She sent us something to sign acknowledging the rules. Apparently they never inforced this until now. It's making me question getting married in the chapel.

#67 CindyG

CindyG
              • 33 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

I just found this out just before putting my deposit? Are you sure the Bride must be covered?? I find that ridiculous really. The vows thing is tough too I REALLY want to be able to say something personal!!

#68 Emily11386

Emily11386
                • Site Supporter
                • 244 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:33 AM

Yes I confirmed with our wedding coordinator. The bride must have shoulders covered too. I'm actually looking at the Moon Palace and considering changing resorts. :(

#69 CindyG

CindyG
                  • 33 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

I am so happy I did not make my deposit - I am keeping my wedding at GRAN CARIBE but doing it with a Minister on the oceanfront gazebo which is still seems super pretty. Not as nice as the chapel...but those rules are stupid! 

#70 Emily11386

Emily11386
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 244 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:00 AM

I'm so confused! I have been picturing my wedding here,did a site visit, got rates etc. Now I'm contemplating switching to the Moon Palace Chapel. I'm so torn because I love the chapel at the GCR. I also love both of the resorts (GCRand the Royal). But I like that there aren't restrictions at the Moon Palace Chapel. Communicating with Moon Palace so far has been like pulling teeth. We are going to go look at MP while we are staying at Le Blanc next month. I know I won't like the resorts much.....its so big. They do offer a lot more for booking a group though. I'm so torn!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users