Photo

Recommended Undergarments?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 05:16 PM

Shelley, I meant to explain it better....boning is flat, stiff wire like stuff that runs up and down the garmet....sometimes you'll see it in strapless dresses. It helps keep it up and give it shape.
    My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
    Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#12 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 05:19 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Jessalyn
      Shelley, I meant to explain it better....boning is flat, stiff wire like stuff that runs up and down the garmet....sometimes you'll see it in strapless dresses. It helps keep it up and give it shape.
      thanks, I haven't even tried it with my dress, yet, I hope it looks good

#13 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
      • 1,876 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 05:47 PM

I'm sure it will look great!
        My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
        Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#14 chicago88

chicago88
        • 699 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 06:04 PM

Instead of wearing a strapless bra, I was going to have cups sewn into the dress. However, I'm a C cup - has anyone done this. I don't want to add any extra, I just need a little support - Idea's...

I'm also on the beach so I'd rather not wear a lot underneath.

Therese & Jay
          Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
          http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#15 DreaW

DreaW
          • Banned
          • 2,462 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 06:10 PM

I bought a bustier for my dress....but didn't wear it at all....so I'm selling it if anyone would like it....it's a 36B cup size....brand new...David's Bridal won't take it back (darn them)
            So if you're interested pm me....I'll take a photo of it if you like too.

#16 DreaW

DreaW
            • Banned
            • 2,462 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 06:10 PM

oops forgot to answer the question....I didn't wear anything up top, just had a white thong underneath :)

#17 *JillD*

*JillD*
              • 5,112 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:03 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by chicago88
                Instead of wearing a strapless bra, I was going to have cups sewn into the dress. However, I'm a C cup - has anyone done this. I don't want to add any extra, I just need a little support - Idea's...

I'm also on the beach so I'd rather not wear a lot underneath.
                I bought the nubra that Kash mentioned to wear under my dress, because I have a corset back and I'm not wearing the panel in the back (I don't think) so you would see a bra. You might like the new bra if you're a C cup. I bought it and I am a small B cup and it really doesn't work well for me, but for someone with fuller boobs it might work better.

I'm just going to get cups sewn in I think, thats what I've always done with BM dresses

#18 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
                • 679 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:24 PM

I'm not sure yet, but I think I am going to try Spanx. I have not tried them yet, but I hear they are awesome and comfortable.
                  Brittney & Peter
                  July 12, 2008
                  Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#19 Clussy75

Clussy75
                  • 533 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:30 PM

I've tried searching for posts on 'nu bra' here but keep getting 'no results'. That being said, who's been able to find one cheaper at a department store or anywhere else? $60 is pretty steep so I was hoping it could be cheaper somewhere else. If not, I just get over it and buy it online since it seems to be the way to go for my dress style.
                    Claudia & Sean
                    11/11/07

#20 *JillD*

*JillD*
                    • 5,112 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 08:18 PM

Kashmira is the one who first wore one and I think it was in a thread about her final fitting on her dress or something, if I remember correctly.

I bought mine on ebay, I think it was $30, I don't know if it really matters, but there are a lot of generic ones on ebay so I looked at all of them until I found ones that looked like the ones on the website, at least I think I did, lol.

I just don't really have a lot of chest, so theres not a whole lot to pull together to get that great looking cleavage!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users