Photo

Anyone Staying for a 2nd week to Honeymoon? Know anything about the Sandals?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 LindsayG

LindsayG
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 11:02 AM

I am actually getting married at the Paradisus Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic, and then heading to Jamaica to honeymoon at Sandals Negril.

I initially had my heart set on Sandals Royal Caribbean, but my travel agent suggested Negril, saying that it was much nicer and the level of service was higher. I've also heard that the resort in Montego Bay has a "party" atmosphere, just fyi.

We are staying in one of the swim-up river suites, and I can't wait!
    Lindsay & Billy
    July 11, 2008
    Paradisus Punta Cana

#12 chicago88

chicago88
    • 699 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 04:38 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by FutureMrsButler08
      Chicago88, I am like you...we are staying at ROR for the entire 11 night stay. I hadn't really thought about changing resorts only because, like mentioned before, the first week almost will be dedicated to get wedidng stuff together and entertaining guests. Once the guests leave, the real vacation begins and then you can explore some of the other things the resort has to offer as well as Ocho Rios...or Jamaica for that matter. I am a big food person, so I hope I will be content with eating at the same restaurants for 11 nights...

I guess I'll just order different items on the different menu everytimes, lol.
      FutureMrsButler08 - It seems like there are a lot of restaurants to choose from at the resort so I wouldn't worry. You could always ask the hotel for recommendations on a restaurant outside the resort if you wanted to get out one night...

Therese & Jay
      Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
      http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#13 NISSI

NISSI
      • 13 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 11:50 PM

check out http://www.jakeshotel.com/ we are considering going there for our honeymoon. i really do not want to stay at the Riu for our honeymoon.
        NISSI

#14 Jenn

Jenn
        • 1,557 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 02:00 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by NISSI
          check out Jake’s Resort in Treasure Beach, Jamaica we are considering going there for our honeymoon. i really do not want to stay at the Riu for our honeymoon.
          Our friends stayed there a few years ago, and LOVED it! We were considering going there, but decided to go to the Caves instead (also Island Outpost). I love the look of their resorts and can't wait!!!

#15 Cherie

Cherie
          • 83 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 02:20 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jmhein
            Thanks everyone for all of your help and suggestions! I think we are leaning toward staying at the Sandals Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay, and then hoping to check out the Sandals in Negril to see that part of Jamaica since you can "Stay at 1, play at 7"! I would LOVE to stay at the Sandals Negril or Sandals Whitehouse but the prices we are being quoted for them will just really break the bank. The Royal Caribbean is affordable, and the reviews for it sound like it is newer and nicer than Sandals Montego Bay. Sooooo... at least we can stay at a decent Sandals and hopefully see Negril as well! However, I am going to look at some of the other resorts you ladies suggested too to see if they could possibly be worked into the budget! Thanks, I will keep you posted!
            Hey jmhein,
            We will be staying at the Sandals Whitehouse for one week after our stay at the ROR for our wedding. My TA seemed to have pretty decent prices. I could get her information to you if you like.
            Cherie

#16 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
            • 802 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 01:21 AM

I'm in the same boat. I am getting married at ROR, and we will be there for 14 days also. We were actually considering flying to the Dominican Republic (Only because we got a free trip for an inclusive hotel there).......but after thinking about if for a little while, I don't want to chance a "free vacation" for my honeymoon. It may turn out to be a dump!!

#17 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
              • 802 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 12:22 PM

Hi Alex,

Yep, I think that we are going to stay put at Riu for the entire stay. Driving to the airport again and doing more traveling will just eat more of our "Honeymoon Time" up. I went monogram CRAZY yesterday and made about 15 to choose from. I used powerpoint, word, & photoshop. There is a template in the DIY section for how to do it.

#18 chicago88

chicago88
                • 699 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 12:44 PM

I really like that monogram. Are you using it on the items you are personalizing? I'm not sure if I'm going to do one.

Therese & Jay
                  Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
                  http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#19 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
                  • 802 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:13 PM

Thx Chicago. I have a couple to choose from and yes, i am using them on my OOT boxes, menu's, etc.

I was reading about Couples Ocho Rios for our honeymoon portion and all of these activities are included:

All-Inclusive activities and equipment
                    Water sports

Windsurfing
                    Sailing
                    Sea kayaking
                    Snorkeling on-site; snorkeling trips by boat leaving 2–3 times daily
                    Scuba diving trips (two-tank dive per day; certified divers only)
                    Scuba diving resort courses (completion allows one tank dive)
                    Glass-bottom boat tour
                    Sunset catamaran cruise
                    Waterskiing
                    Use of one main pool/pool on Tower Isle/four spa tubs/lounge chairs/towel service

Does anyone know of any other romantic AI resort that offers activities for free. I don't think Riu Ocho Rios does.

#20 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
                    • 716 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:19 PM

I know that SGOR does offer them for free, including golf, hobie cats, snorkeling, and a host of other activities. Check them out here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users