Jump to content

Photo

November 2012 Brides?


  • Please log in to reply
423 replies to this topic

#121 KLPhoto

KLPhoto
  • Vendor
  • 97 posts

    Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:19 AM

    this was pretty cool with the different colors and styles

     

    http://www.kristinla.../02/bestof2011/



    #122 AllieH

    AllieH
    • Resort/Area Ambassadors
    • 2,014 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
    • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
    • LocationAtlanta, GA

    Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

    I'm putting in a mug, a survival kit (OTC meds like advil, aspirin, tums, ammonium, bandaids, antibacterial gel, shout wipes, etc), lip balm, lanyards/key holders, mints/gum, a welcome letter & timeline and that's about it. Very similar to what you are doing! We don't have the budget to go overboard..lol 

    Originally Posted by shan0487 

    That is why I have decided to keep my OOT bags to a minimum- the bags, cups with lids, a welcome letter and maybe a few meds or something- I don't have time to go overboard...what all are you putting in your bags? 

     

    I'm OCD...that's my excuse. Plan, plan, plan is my middle name. I'm guessing on the OOT bags - until we get final payments made, I don't know what our count will be. But I figure that a few extra won't hurt, and if we have a lot extra, I'll resell it to someone who can use it. Or send them to friends who can't make it but still want to be part of our celebration. 

     

    Plus I don't have a bridal party, so that makes things a whole lot easier! 

    Originally Posted by Tiners17 

    Hi ladies,

     

    I am getting married at Excellence Riviera Cancun on Nov 30th!  I am very excited, but also pretty nervous when I compare what I have done, (STD'S and that's it) to what you all have accomplished so far.  Way to be on the ball!  It seems hard to start with OOT's and stuff when I am not sure what the final count will be.  So far 32 people have booked.  I still haven't picked out bridesmaidsd dress yet...that is becoming a thorn in my side--I just can't decide.  :/ 

     


     

    Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

    Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

    El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

    AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome


    #123 shan0487

    shan0487
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,393 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
    • LocationSt Louis, MO

    Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:11 AM

    Oh ya I forgot about the timeline and gum is a good idea too.  I just bought the rest of my cups at walmart last night and the tags for my maraca favors at Michaels! Check that off the list! :)

    Originally Posted by AllieH 

    I'm putting in a mug, a survival kit (OTC meds like advil, aspirin, tums, ammonium, bandaids, antibacterial gel, shout wipes, etc), lip balm, lanyards/key holders, mints/gum, a welcome letter & timeline and that's about it. Very similar to what you are doing! We don't have the budget to go overboard..lol 

     

    I'm OCD...that's my excuse. Plan, plan, plan is my middle name. I'm guessing on the OOT bags - until we get final payments made, I don't know what our count will be. But I figure that a few extra won't hurt, and if we have a lot extra, I'll resell it to someone who can use it. Or send them to friends who can't make it but still want to be part of our celebration. 

     

    Plus I don't have a bridal party, so that makes things a whole lot easier! 

     



    #124 Adesir8

    Adesir8
    • Site Supporter
    • 108 posts

      Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:50 AM

      Hi Ladies!

      I can't believe there's less than 4 months left! It's insane how time flies.

      Trying not to panic, but I have nothing done.  Work has been crazy insane, leaving no time to do anything. I'm almost to the point where I just feel like showing up and not worrying about anything before then! whew!

       

      ok got that mini panic attack out the way...it's time to get cracking! I don't even know where to start though...lol



      #125 shan0487

      shan0487
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,393 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
      • LocationSt Louis, MO

      Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

      Hey girl, don't freak out.  I feel like I haven't done a whole lot, but there isn't really that much to do for a destination wedding, unless you decide to DIY everything.  I still have a lot do, but I feel like it's mainly stuff that needs to be done closer to the wedding (make the playlist for ceremony and reception, make the invitations, buy fiance's suit and wedding band and buy maracas..etc)  Everything really won't take very long if you break everything down...so you have nothing to worry about! :)

      Originally Posted by Adesir8 

      Hi Ladies!

      I can't believe there's less than 4 months left! It's insane how time flies.

      Trying not to panic, but I have nothing done.  Work has been crazy insane, leaving no time to do anything. I'm almost to the point where I just feel like showing up and not worrying about anything before then! whew!

       

      ok got that mini panic attack out the way...it's time to get cracking! I don't even know where to start though...lol



      #126 KalikLove

      KalikLove
      • Jr. Member
      • 178 posts

        Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:44 AM

        OMG I am so happy to hear I am not alone. I am sooo behind! I still havent sent out my invitations. Although I sent out the STDs at the 6 mo mark. I'm so nervous about things, and yes, I am doing a bunch o f DIY stuff but thank god I have 2 MOH who are awesome... 



        #127 Adesir8

        Adesir8
        • Site Supporter
        • 108 posts

          Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:23 AM

          Originally Posted by KalikLove 

          OMG I am so happy to hear I am not alone. I am sooo behind! I still havent sent out my invitations. Although I sent out the STDs at the 6 mo mark. I'm so nervous about things, and yes, I am doing a bunch o f DIY stuff but thank god I have 2 MOH who are awesome... 

          LOL I still haven't sent out invites neither! and my MOH has been such a slacker...no support at all.  I do have an amazing SOB (she loves it when i call her that).



          #128 Adesir8

          Adesir8
          • Site Supporter
          • 108 posts

            Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:23 AM

            Originally Posted by shan0487 

            Hey girl, don't freak out.  I feel like I haven't done a whole lot, but there isn't really that much to do for a destination wedding, unless you decide to DIY everything.  I still have a lot do, but I feel like it's mainly stuff that needs to be done closer to the wedding (make the playlist for ceremony and reception, make the invitations, buy fiance's suit and wedding band and buy maracas..etc)  Everything really won't take very long if you break everything down...so you have nothing to worry about! :)

            Thank you!!! I made a list and it's helped me organize my crazy thoughts. taking it step by step...



            #129 shan0487

            shan0487
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,393 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
            • LocationSt Louis, MO

            Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

            Good, glad to hear! :) I need to make a list- lol.

             

             

            I  haven't mailed my inivitations either-heck, I havven't even made mine yet- I'm doing boarding pass invites that I'm DIYing!

            Originally Posted by Adesir8 

            Thank you!!! I made a list and it's helped me organize my crazy thoughts. taking it step by step...



            #130 AllieH

            AllieH
            • Resort/Area Ambassadors
            • 2,014 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
            • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
            • LocationAtlanta, GA

            Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:09 PM

            I live with lists - I wouldn't remember a darn thing otherwise! 

             

            I don't have a bridal party, and my sister is not participating in any way (unless it's convenient for her - but that's a whole other drama llama!). I've had friends and other family (his and mine) offer to help with things, but honestly, I'm not even sure what I could delegate in the planning stages. It's all pretty much under control.

             

            Good luck with the To-Do lists ladies!! 

            Originally Posted by shan0487 

            Good, glad to hear! :) I need to make a list- lol.

             

             

            I  haven't mailed my inivitations either-heck, I havven't even made mine yet- I'm doing boarding pass invites that I'm DIYing!

             


             

            Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

            Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

            El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

            AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome





            0 user(s) are reading this topic

            0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users