Photo

Do you/will you celebrate 100 days of marriage?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 iGotsGills

iGotsGills
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:08 PM

I just learned that there is a tradition of celebrating 100 days of marriage... I did not know this!  Maybe it is underground?  Archaic?  Just an excuse to celebrate because it's fun?

In any case, I'm curious as to whether others celebrate this, and what they have done/plan on doing to mark the occasion.

#2 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:56 AM

I've never heard of this before, but think any reason to celebrate is a good one!  IF we were rewinding about 3 years and I was going to celebrate it, we'd probably be low-key like we usually are and just go out to dinner alone and just have a real date night.

#3 lovepea

lovepea
      • 155 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:12 AM

I've never heard of this before, but hey, why not?!

#4 meBonidie2be

meBonidie2be
        • 402 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:18 AM

Lovepea, I couldn't agree more : )

#5 pfeiffla

pfeiffla
          • 155 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:46 PM

I have never heard of this either!  I would be interested to know what it means or why they do it?!

#6 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:14 PM

Cute!  Why not? 

#7 Pucca

Pucca
              • 485 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:25 PM

I've never heard of this either, but why not? Celebrate life, marriage, and love whenever you can is what I say!  

We celebrate our dating anniversary every month (not necessarily with a night out all the time but we try to do something most of the time - movie at home or at the cinema, dinner, a mini-excursion, a date for dessert), and we plan to continue this for our wedding anniversary since our wedding date falls on the same day as the day of month we started dating. 

#8 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                • 26,161 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Pucca 

I've never heard of this either, but why not? Celebrate life, marriage, and love whenever you can is what I say! 

We celebrate our dating anniversary every month (not necessarily with a night out all the time but we try to do something most of the time - movie at home or at the cinema, dinner, a mini-excursion, a date for dessert), and we plan to continue this for our wedding anniversary since our wedding date falls on the same day as the day of month we started dating. 

That's sweet

#9 pfeiffla

pfeiffla
                  • 155 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:24 PM

That's great!  I think every little opportunity to remind eachother how much we love and appreciate eachother is a healthy thing! 

Originally Posted by Pucca 

#10 lmdavis

lmdavis
                    • 151 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:15 AM

I have never heard of this tradition! But i think it is super cute.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users