Photo

Photo share sites

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Candace Mark

Candace Mark
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

Wow such great ideas. Has anyone thought about using Flickr ? Its seems really simple. I was thinking about making a wedding account and handing out the password as suggested above.  Then changing the password after a couple of months. Has everyone been happy with there experience with Shutterfly? I am also from Canada and I think Shutterfly may be a US company :) Any suggestions would be great!

#32 MsBlissMpls

MsBlissMpls
    • 253 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by ArubaBrideEm 

Any suggestions for a good photo share site?  I am going to include a card with my gift bags encouraging everyone to post their pics when they get home.  I would like this site to be private to the public (so it won't show up in google searches...i.e. a password protected website.) Thanks everyone : )

We are using WikiAlbums and it is working really well. Our main concern was privacy and it is perfect with not showing up in any Google search. 

www.wikialbums.com

#33 MsBlissMpls

MsBlissMpls
      • 253 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Candace Mark 

Wow such great ideas. Has anyone thought about using Flickr ? Its seems really simple. I was thinking about making a wedding account and handing out the password as suggested above.  Then changing the password after a couple of months. Has everyone been happy with there experience with Shutterfly? I am also from Canada and I think Shutterfly may be a US company :) Any suggestions would be great!

Flickr is great, but if you are looking for privacy it is not the best. Any comments or captions would show up in a Google search. I have a personal Shutterfly account, but I'm not really happy with the quality of the photos that I have recently purchased off of the site. They are really low quality color, etc. So I'll be uploading my photos to the Kodak site to order photos. 

#34 tiffles24

tiffles24
        • 151 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:36 PM

i'm going to use shutterfly for sharing my pics!!

#35 MK71809

MK71809
          • Site Supporter
          • 112 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by emstypes 

I just created one for shutterfly as well.  I am putting the email address and password on a "postcard" that will be in the OOT bags for friends & family to use.  Like merrylee said, I'm going to change the password after a few months after the wedding so it's our personal account again.

Love this idea, I can't tell you all how happy I am that I found this site! LOVE all the great ideas!!!!

#36 MK71809

MK71809
            • Site Supporter
            • 112 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by STAC8228 

I'm using shutterfly, I created a email addrress & password just for the wedding to give out on photoshare cards, so they dont have to create an acct. also I think weddingturtle is a photo share, real basic & simple & they send you 100 free cards!!

I love this idea! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users