47 replies to this topic

#1 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 01 November 2006 - 06:40 PM

I compiled a list of frequent questions and answers on how to do some basic things on the forum...Hope they help!

Upload Siggy
Max. dimensions of pic is 350 x 350. If it is bigger in either direction, your sig may not work.

1. go to your usercp and go down to "edit options"
a. at the bottom where it says "Message Editor Interface" in the pull-down box chose "standard editor"

2. then go to "edit signature"

3. upload your pic. There are 2 ways to do it:
a. upload the image from your computer
b. take the "URL tag" from photobucket

4. once picture is uploaded and showing, click "insert signature picture" (see pic below)
Click the image to open in full size.

Post Images (4 Ways: VBImage Host (down temporarily), from a website, from photobucket or VBPicGallery)
vb Image Host (down temporarily!): This is used to upload images directly in posts.

You can upload a few ways:

the best way is to upload your pic to photobucket & insert the IMG code.

here is the BDW Photobucket account info if you don't want to open your own account:

Since the imagehosting feature is not working on the forum right now, I thought I would post the BDW photobucket account for those that do not have their own account.

You can host pictures or your siggy here.

Use the IMG Code

Username: caboweddingforum
password: mexico

1. through the link on the navbar (between vbpicgallery & new posts)
or
2. Post a pic from another website:
  • Pull Up the Image
  • Right-click on the Image
  • Go to "Properties" and copy the URL code (imagename.com - Welcome!...)
  • Post a message, go the the "Insert Image" icon and paste the image URL in the box.

vbPicGallery is a place to have your own photo gallery.

Please DO NOT uploiad your pics as an attachment so that members have to download them to view them. Pics uploaded as attachments will be deleted!

Multi-Quote
If you want to multi-quote a bunch of different posts, here is what you do...

1. go to the posts you want to quote and click the "MQ" button.
2. after you have clicked all the posts you want to MQ, go do the "quote" button on the last post you clicked "MQ".

this should bring up a page with all the quotes together so you can comment on one post but address different issues/topics.

Email Notification
Did you know you can change your email notification so you can get the latest information/posts on threads you are interested it...?

to see what your notification is set to:

go to your "UserCP" ---> "edit options" ---> scroll down until you get here---> "Default Thread Subscription Mode"

When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.

you can change the subscription mode so you get an email whenever a new post is added to a thread you responded to or a daily/weekly update.

View First Unread Post
This is from Christa (A10CALGAL): Here's a tip that I use everyday, when you visit an ongoing thread that you've read thru to a certain point, you can click "View First Unread" in the upper left hand corner of the screen (just under the "post reply" button & just above the first post). This will take you to the first post in the thread that you haven't yet seen. It's handy!

Smilies
If you don't have a smilie box and would like one go to your usercp and go down to "edit options". At the bottom where it says "Message Editor Interface" in the pull-down box chose "standard editor"

Invite new Members/Referrals:

You gain referrals by promoting Best Destination Wedding Forum using your unique referral link. The link you should use as your referral link is this in your usercp and should look something like this:

http://bestdestinati....p?referrerid=1

Each time someone follows this link to Best Destination Wedding Forum and registers as a new member, your referral count will be incremented by one. The number of referrals you have can be viewed in your profile.

Your administrator will have more information on any prizes or rewards that may be given out for referrals. Please be courteous when promoting Best Destination Wedding Forum by not spamming other web sites with your referral link just to gain referrals.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#2 Debs

Debs
  • VIP Member
  • 7,104 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 02:51 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by host
    View First Unread Post
    This is from Christa (A10CALGAL): Here's a tip that I use everyday, when you visit an ongoing thread that you've read thru to a certain point, you can click "View First Unread" in the upper left hand corner of the screen (just under the "post reply" button & just above the first post). This will take you to the first post in the thread that you haven't yet seen. It's handy!
    Just so you know you can also just hit the down arrow button to the left of the thread name and it will take you to the first unread post in the thread.

#3 Debs

Debs
    • VIP Member
    • 7,104 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 04:10 PM

same difference, ya, but you don't need to actually go into the thread, there's an arrow on the pages where the threads are listed, like yer user CP, and forum pages

#4 Alyssa

Alyssa
      • 11,793 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 06:43 PM

Does anyone know how to change your name and make it colorful or fancy? i have been wondering for a while. i just did a search and can't find anything!

#5 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 10,366 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 06:44 PM

you have to go "buy it" in the Plaza

#6 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 06:58 PM

Fancy schmancy, Alyssa! I like the color!

Hey, wait, how's you cahnge the font? I tried like a billion times (ok maybe twice) and it never changes the font. I wanted something scripty or handwritten looking...

#7 Christine

Christine
            • VIP Member
            • 21,514 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
            • Wedding Location:Napa, California
            • LocationReno, NV

Posted 08 November 2007 - 07:00 PM

Carly, I think you have to use a font that is available in the forum so the fonts that are available when you create a new thread.
            Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#8 Alyssa

Alyssa
            • 11,793 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 07:00 PM

there are a bunch of options to make all kinds of changes now! go to the main page

#9 melody

melody
              • 236 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 02:36 AM

Silly question but how do I start a new thread? I did it when I first signed up but can't remember how..

#10 DreaW

DreaW
                • Banned
                • 2,462 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:02 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by S2BLennon
                  ok - couldn't find what I was looking for! So I am gonna ask!
                  I went into my user Cp so that I can manage all the threads i am subscribed to and saw that I can create folder for them, so I did.
                  Now I have folders showing but I can't for the life of my figure out how to move the subscribed threads to these newly created folders?! Anyone? Help!

Hi Kim just figured this out for you :)
                  • Go under User Cp
                  • (this is if you haven't created folders) on the left column, click on Edit Folders under Subscriptions (It should bring up a section where it says Your Folders/Add new folders...
                  • (If you have created folders) Go to your subscribed threads, go to the far right where the boxes are that you can check....check the desired box....say it's a thread about DIY, check it.
                  • Then Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you should see "Select Threads" with a scroll bar, click on the arrow down till you see "move to folder" then hit Go
                  • Then you should see:
                  • Move 1 items from 'Subscriptions' Please select a destination folder for the items that you wish to move. Folder Name:
                  • Choose the folder you want to put this thread in
                  • Then click "move items"
                  It should work....let me know :) Glad to help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users