DR Airport Goodies?!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pfeiffla

pfeiffla
  • 155 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:34 PM

Hi Ladies!

I'm wondering if there are goodies or local treats/snacks at the DR airport that I can add to our OOT bags?  Thanks for your help!

#2 capecodder

capecodder
    • 234 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:27 AM

I don't think there is anything to buy when you land, from what I can remember.  When you leave, there are a couple gift shops.  Most resort usually have a gift shop but items are usually pricey there.

There are a couple markets along the beach that may work for you.  Where are you staying?

#3 Aphrodite

Aphrodite
      • 178 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:31 AM

I agree - I think you're better off buying something at one of the markets on the beach where you can negotiate the price.

The gift shops are pretty pricey but could also be used as a last resort if needed.

#4 pfeiffla

pfeiffla
        • 155 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:06 PM

Thanks for your help!  We are staying at the Dreams Punta Cana Resort :)

#5 Bryjenbry

Bryjenbry
          • 229 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:06 PM

Just FYI make sure you negotiate with the Vendors.  They always start REALLY high but they will go down :) This one guy tried to confuse me by having me pay in pesos.... He was basically trying to make me pay $25US for cheap coffee mug. I think i ended up paying $5. 

#6 philanab

philanab
            • 178 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:52 AM

Yeah, what is some good local food/snacks to try while we are there or to bring home?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users