• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 07:11 PM

You are limited with your options though. You can't make the pictures any size you want. There are about 10 templates for each 1, 2, 3 & 4 pics per page. Then there are some for 5+. You can't customize the layouts so it has to fit into a template already there. You can chose a different template per page though. When you first start to make it, they will already put a variety of page layouts together. I always changed the default (which is simple) to make it how I want.

OK, again probably too complicated. Go play with it & you'll see how simple it is.

#12 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 07:13 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Morgan
      Thanks! Yes, it's really easy to use. It can just be time consuming because of all the choices. You upload all the pictures which is simple. Then gather them together for the project. Then you click layout options, background options & frame options & just start dragging the pictures into the frames. You can add text or leave the text boxes blank. At the end you can rearrange the pictures. That may have sounded more complicated than it really is.

You can save the project too. I usually have to break it into multiple sessions because I'll spend so long on one book.

My guest book will ship next week. I'll post it then. It has 1 small picture per page & lots of space for signing.

I'm thinking of making one for each of my bridesmaids. I will definitely have to save the project, I get way too impatient with those sort of things. Thanks again for the idea!

#13 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 07:19 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Lizz
        I'm thinking of making one for each of my bridesmaids. I will definitely have to save the project, I get way too impatient with those sort of things. Thanks again for the idea!
        If you are going to be getting a bunch, definitly wait for a promo. I'll try to post them as I find them. They have buy one get one free alot. If you have an account with them, they will email you offers like "buy anything by xx/07 & get a free photobook." Otherwise they can get expensive.

#14 Spazz

Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 07:25 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Morgan
          If you are going to be getting a bunch, definitly wait for a promo. I'll try to post them as I find them. They have buy one get one free alot. If you have an account with them, they will email you offers like "buy anything by xx/07 & get a free photobook." Otherwise they can get expensive.
          Thanks! If you could post them, that would be great. In the meantime, I'll sign up and see if they email me anything. I think I may have ordered something from them before, so I may have an account already, not sure.

#15 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 07:30 PM

I just got another free photobook. I posted the info here
            http://bestdestinati....n-codes-3.html

#16 foxytv

foxytv
            • VIP Member
            • 7,740 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 08:09 PM

I LOVE it!!!

I see you took my advice and started the thread. hehehehehehehe

The book looks FABULOUS and I didn't know Shutterfly even offered thi! It's GREAT quality! Awesome stuff!!!

#17 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 10,366 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 07:59 AM

that came out beautiful!!

#18 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 6,996 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 07:54 AM

One thing to keep in mind with Shutterly and My Publisher is that if you use their full-bleed page, you can upload a jpg of a pre-made page from your favorite photo-editing software. For instance, I can premake my pages (with whatever borders, backgrounds, etc I want) and just add them into full-bleed pages.

#19 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,861 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 08:44 AM

That came out gorgeous! Great job on the book!

#20 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
                    • 1,798 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:03 PM

Shutterly is great! I made a book of our engament photos and it was a hit at our engagement party. Nice job!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users