Getting *Sparklers* to the Bahamas???

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MrsWeiss1211

MrsWeiss1211
  • 127 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:59 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a little advice on how to get my super-cute heart shaped sparklers to the Bahamas.

I bought them online because I thought they would be perfect for our rehearsal dinner on the beach but I didn't think about how I was going to get them there...

I'm flying JetBlue an it says on their website NO FIREWORKS in either checked or carry-on luggage.  I looked on ups and fedex and I can't find anything that says I can't but I'm pretty sure you have to check some box that say no hazardous material (which includes my lovely sparklers).  *sigh*

any suggestion/ideas/solutions???

-A fizzled out bride.

Forever could never be long enough for me to feel like i've had long enough with you

#2 JayKay

JayKay
    • 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:31 AM

Are sparklers classified as fireworks?  If I was you I would call the airline and enquire about if you can bring them or not.

If not, could you possibly ship them to your destination prior to your wedding.

#3 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,490 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:42 AM

yes sparklers are fireworks. i am 99% sure that you can not carry those on a plane (carry or check onto a plane that is).

i think your only option is to ship them

#4 KalikLove

KalikLove
      • 178 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:08 PM

I'm pretty sure fireworks are illegal in the Bahamas. :( Bummber, beacuse they look sooo good!

#5 DramaticAnnie

DramaticAnnie
        • 281 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:09 PM

I just came across the border from Maine to Canada (home) and while we were waiting inside at customs, a couple in front of us were asking about fireworks. They wanted to bring back big packs of sparklers, not the big fireworks or anything, and the customs officer said nothing combustible.. no fireworks would be allowed across the border. Yes they said, sparklers count as fireworks.

Sorry! Maybe you can use them at a jack and jill or some kind of going away party?

~Married aboard the cruise ship the 'Carnival Dream'~
          ~Carnival Dream Wedding April 28th, 2012, then set sail on a 7 night Caribbean Cruise April 28th-May 5th, 2012~

#6 KalikLove

KalikLove
          • 178 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:59 AM

As an alternative, I'm sure wish lanterns would be ok to bring in. They are so much fun to do and they look fantastic in photos and video. http://www.wishlantern.com/

Originally Posted by MrsWeiss1211 

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a little advice on how to get my super-cute heart shaped sparklers to the Bahamas.

I bought them online because I thought they would be perfect for our rehearsal dinner on the beach but I didn't think about how I was going to get them there...

I'm flying JetBlue an it says on their website NO FIREWORKS in either checked or carry-on luggage.  I looked on ups and fedex and I can't find anything that says I can't but I'm pretty sure you have to check some box that say no hazardous material (which includes my lovely sparklers).  *sigh*

any suggestion/ideas/solutions???

-A fizzled out bride.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users