Help Finding a Veil!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 geishagyrl

• 65 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:48 PM

Hi Ladies,

Last weekend, I purchased my dress at a trunk show. It's a dress from the Essense of Australia Spring 2012 line so I don't have a pic of it. It's a fitted A Line with sweetheart neckline, full lace, beading, crystals, and some pearls. It also has an empire waist with a jewel in the center. It has a vintage romantic look to it. The pic below is the closest design E of A currently has....just to give you an idea of what it looks like. I think I want a elbow or fingertip veil with matching beading but I'm not sure. I thought something with a scalloped edge or lace edge might look nice. I wish I could try on veils with the dress. Unfortunately, it won't be here until the middle of February so I have to just picture the dress. Anyway, I'm open for suggestions. Thanks in advance!

#2 JayKay

• 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:43 AM

Could you possibly go to a bridal store and try on that dress that is close with it and veils to find the right one.  I thought I knew what I wanted with my dress but when I went to try them on with my dress I found one that was completely different then what I expected.  The ones I thought I wanted didn't look good at all.

#3 geishagyrl

• 65 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:24 AM

They didn't have this dress or anything like it. Maybe they'll have one similar when I go back. Or find the next trunk show so I can try on the ress again.

#4 Jessamaka

• 49 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:55 AM

This dress could go with any number of veils. It's more your taste that would make the decision. Go to a store and try on any trumpet sweetheart gown and see how you feel in a birdcage vs. mantilla or anything else they have. But shop around. Veils can be very inexpensive, but you'd never know looking at the price tags in a bridal store.

#5 futuremrstgun

• 995 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:14 AM

a birdcage veil would be cute and/or a cathedral length one...

the dress is stunning!!!

#6 geishagyrl

• 65 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:21 AM

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for your opinions. The bridal shop is actually hosting a veil and headpiece trunk show for one of the designers this weekend. I went recently and another designer has a dress similar to the one I bought. One of the consultants said I could try that on when I come in.

My dress has a lot of details - full lace and full beading and crystals. So, I don't want anything that will compete with it.....Fingers Crossed that I find one I like!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users