1363 replies to this topic

#1301 un4gitabl

un4gitabl
  • 110 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 23, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by tmdavis13 

We did not want to waste money on flowers and our beautiful beach setting needed little to be added. We used mirrors to reflect the light and surrounding candles. We also added Patron Silver bottles to each table, this brought in our green color and invited guests to take them with them to the after party (though some guests opened them at dinner! :)) And finally we used limes to number our tables. It was simple and didn't take up much room. 

That is a GREAT idea!!!!!  I love it!!!!!!!!!  Did you buy the liquor once you got to Mexico?  Did your hotel charge you anything for using that as your centerpiece?   Thank you!!

#1302 tmdavis13

tmdavis13
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:50 PM

Thanks un4gitabl! We went with the don't ask hope they don't care policy, and no-one minded. We had already paid for open bar so no one seemed to care. In fact, when they cleared the tables the bar held the bottles for us that no-one had grabbed. We purchased the bottles at duty free in the airport, there is a per person limit so we asked a few guest to pick one bottle each up for us, they were so happy when they saw them at dinner! As a few trusted friends and buy extra in case someone forgets, we managed to drink the extra!

#1303 un4gitabl

un4gitabl
    • 110 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

That is probably what we would do, hope they don't but deal with it at that time if they do :-)  Thank you again for posting!  I really think we may do this!!

#1304 un4gitabl

un4gitabl
    • 110 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

P.S. do you happen to remember the duty free limit?  I can look it up, but I thought I would ask :-)

#1305 tmdavis13

tmdavis13
    • 14 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:18 AM

I don't, sorry. I think it's three bottles per person but that may be wrong. 

#1306 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
      • 455 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 9, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Dominican Republic
      • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:11 PM

I need honest opinions!!! I leave in less than 3 weeks, and aside from seating chart this has been my second biggest headache!!

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

#1307 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
      • 455 posts
      • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:18 PM

Sorry, image didn't want to upload on my phone, here is my hopefully centerpiece!

please give me your opinions!

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

#1308 hclibby1982

hclibby1982
      • 274 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

Sorry, image didn't want to upload on my phone, here is my hopefully centerpiece! please give me your opinions!

I love it...it's beachy, simple and elegant, plus I love pink and white, those are my colors!

#1309 kimsing12

kimsing12
        • 23 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by jennifer8913 

Sorry, image didn't want to upload on my phone, here is my hopefully centerpiece!

please give me your opinions!

I think this looks great! very classic! My only thought is you don't need the ribbons on the lanterns...if you are going to illuminate them I think it will look great with them plain!...this will make the pink on the table stand out more too! or maybe lower them...I don't know. Just my random thinking. You did awesome! Hooray for your wedding in 3 weeks! 

#1310 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
          • 455 posts
          • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by kimsing12 

I think this looks great! very classic! My only thought is you don't need the ribbons on the lanterns...if you are going to illuminate them I think it will look great with them plain!...this will make the pink on the table stand out more too! or maybe lower them...I don't know. Just my random thinking. You did awesome! Hooray for your wedding in 3 weeks! 

Originally Posted by hclibby1982 

I love it...it's beachy, simple and elegant, plus I love pink and white, those are my colors!

Thanks ladies!!!! I appreciate it!! I will bring the ribbons and let the coordinator decide if they will be used :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users