• Please log in to reply
1363 replies to this topic

#1291 un4gitabl

un4gitabl
  • 110 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 23, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:34 AM

I'm still super torn on centerpieces!  I want as little as possible to carry with me, but I have to have a table number.  I was thinking a vellum wrapped around an electric candle may be a great option for table numbers because then it will still fold flat.   

#1292 LKocelko

LKocelko
  • 350 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

We went with wooden numbers that I painted with our wedding colors for a table number - it was easy, clear, and cheap! Our photographers got some pictures, they're listed in the below link uner the 'reception' folder. http://proofs.gntpho...hp?event=836944 password: Kocelko

#1293 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
    • 455 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 9, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Dominican Republic
    • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:57 AM

Very pretty! Did you bring the vases yourself, or did you rent from resort?

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

#1294 LKocelko

LKocelko
    • 350 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

We brought them, because we only had 3 tabels. Renting was so absurdly overpriced, and my MOH had them leftover from her wedding. So we brought down all of our decor, just checked an extra bag.

#1295 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
      • 455 posts
      • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by LKocelko 

We brought them, because we only had 3 tabels. Renting was so absurdly overpriced, and my MOH had them leftover from her wedding. So we brought down all of our decor, just checked an extra bag.

ok great!! thats exactly what we are planning to do!! their fees are ridiculous! how did you pack them so the wouldn't break? Bubble wrap? and did you stuff clothes inside the vases? I'm just panicked that I will get all the way down there and things be broken :(  thanks for your help!

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

#1296 LKocelko

LKocelko
      • 350 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by jennifer8913 

ok great!! thats exactly what we are planning to do!! their fees are ridiculous! how did you pack them so the wouldn't break? Bubble wrap? and did you stuff clothes inside the vases? I'm just panicked that I will get all the way down there and things be broken :(  thanks for your help!

Yup, stuffed clothes in them! And then wrapped them in lots of clothes/our sashes and table runners. We were trying to make the most out of our luggage space. Everything made it down in one piece. Go figure the day after the wedding my husband accidentally knocks one and breaks it :P

#1297 nov2013maya

nov2013maya
        • 25 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

Lo

i like this one!! pretty

ve this. It's exactly what I want to do!!!

#1298 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
          • 455 posts
          • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by LKocelko 

Yup, stuffed clothes in them! And then wrapped them in lots of clothes/our sashes and table runners. We were trying to make the most out of our luggage space. Everything made it down in one piece. Go figure the day after the wedding my husband accidentally knocks one and breaks it :P

LOL awww, well as long as it was after!!! Thanks so much for your advice, I am starting to pack everything now and I am starting with all the decor

#1299 kimsing12

kimsing12
          • 23 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by juliboley 

Our wedding had a Mexican theme, so we used coffee cans (easy to pack because we packed our OOT bag stuff inside of them) and then our WC took the flowers from our Huppah and put them into the cans to make the centerpieces for our reception.  The talavera tiles were coasters that we made as our wedding favors with our wedding date and names on the back (not as easy to pack because they are heavy):

I am in LOVE with these!! I think i found the last piece to my centerpieces! This is SO helpful!

#1300 tmdavis13

tmdavis13
            • 14 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:14 AM

We did not want to waste money on flowers and our beautiful beach setting needed little to be added. We used mirrors to reflect the light and surrounding candles. We also added Patron Silver bottles to each table, this brought in our green color and invited guests to take them with them to the after party (though some guests opened them at dinner! :)) And finally we used limes to number our tables. It was simple and didn't take up much room. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users