Photo

Show Us Your ***TRASH THE DRESS*** dress!

• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#11 edub007

edub007
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:41 AM

Image1.jpg

downloadfile.jpeg

230159_10150189471416775_517551774_7150502_6328112_n.jpg

#12 Jwed12

Jwed12
    • 251 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:12 PM

That's beautiful! Is that the same dress that you wore for your reception, or is this a separate dress just for TTD?

#13 edub007

edub007
      • 47 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jwed12 

That's beautiful! Is that the same dress that you wore for your reception, or is this a separate dress just for TTD?

Yes, it is the dress I was married in. I had the TTD session the day after my wedding. After taking it in the ocean, I put it in the Jacuzzi tub (no chemicals) in our suite to get the sand out (I left the maid a $20 to clean the sand out of the tub - oopps). I hung it to dry to in the room and brought it home. I put it in my front-load washer, inside out, on delicate and hung it to dry. It looks perfect, not a single sign of distress.

#14 bondgirl0072010

bondgirl0072010
        • 789 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:49 AM

Fabulous idea!!

Originally Posted by edub007 

Yes, it is the dress I was married in. I had the TTD session the day after my wedding. After taking it in the ocean, I put it in the Jacuzzi tub (no chemicals) in our suite to get the sand out (I left the maid a $20 to clean the sand out of the tub - oopps). I hung it to dry to in the room and brought it home. I put it in my front-load washer, inside out, on delicate and hung it to dry. It looks perfect, not a single sign of distress.

#15 Julietisurs

Julietisurs
          • 261 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:53 AM

Hi Ladies- your TTD photos are so beautiful.!

Bondgirl- I went with your suggestion with going with del Sol Photography for the Cenote & Beach Trash The Dress.

We are booked for June 4, 2012! I'm going to need your help with more jewelry :)

I bought this sample dress for $150..it was a steal and couldn't pass it up.

Now I'm not sure if I like it or not...it doesn't give me any shape. What do you think?

JC TTD - BETTER FULL FRONT.JPGJC TTD - FULL BACK.JPG

In a perfect world I'd like to use my ceremony gown but we are going in the cenotes and will need the gown for 2 more receptions. Here is my ceremony gown.

JC Full Front.JPG

#16 bondgirl0072010

bondgirl0072010
            • 789 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:17 PM

YAY Julie!!! I'm SO excited for you!!

Bondgirl- I went with your suggestion with going with del Sol Photography for the Cenote & Beach Trash The Dress.

We are booked for June 4, 2012! I'm going to need your help with more jewelry :)

Now I'm not sure if I like it or not...it doesn't give me any shape. What do you think?

In a perfect world I'd like to use my ceremony gown but we are going in the cenotes and will need the gown for 2 more receptions. Here is my ceremony gown.

JC Full Front.JPG

#17 ashley1316

ashley1316
              • 353 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:54 AM

I wore my real dress for the Trash the Dress session.

Here are a few of my pics.

_MG_4326.jpg

_MG_4303.jpg

_MG_4071.jpg

I didnt end up keeping my dress as it was real dirty and smelt super bad lol. But I cut off some items of the dress and did a shadow box.

IMG_0892.JPG

#18 LisaMatterni

LisaMatterni
                • 718 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:47 AM

The dresses we're gorgeous!

#19 kat2012

kat2012
                  • 602 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:00 AM

I was just looking at this dress right now. What size is yours?

Originally Posted by greysgirl 

Shelley + Greyson 3996.jpg

Shelley + Greyson 4029.jpg

I wore this great dress I found at Nordstrom's!  The last pic is after we were under the water and I was glad it wasn't see-through.  It cleaned beautifully and I plan to list it for sale on here soon.

#20 Jwed12

Jwed12
                    • 251 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 12:24 PM

Julie,

I see what you mean about the shape. Not that it doesn't give you shape, but it's way different than your ceremony dress which is gorgeous by the way. Both are beautiful though. I like the flowy-ness of your TTD dress, and I bet your photographer could do great things with it. It also has a great train.

The straps on it are gorgeous, but I'm all about strapless. If it stayed up on it's own, I'd totally lose the straps and make it a sweetheart neckline. That might do more for shape. Then you could wear a great necklace with it. I think it will look great.  :)

Originally Posted by Julietisurs 

JC Full Front.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users