Photo

The new Paradisus Playa del Carmen (La Perla and La Esmeralda)

• Please log in to reply
722 replies to this topic

#251 imnotarunner

imnotarunner
  • 236 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

hola everyone!

Is anyone doing wedding games during the reception?
    how about afterparty? or a sendoff? I'm not sure what to do to end the night?

I need suggestions ladies!

thank you so much

#252 Rola Nabhan

Rola Nabhan
    • 43 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

In regards to lighter colors for dresses you have to wait until the spring 2013 collection comes out in stores which it has not yet- they usually come out mid feb.

#253 jules2012

jules2012
      • 17 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

How insane would we be to do our wedding in late August? The thing is that we aren't ready any time soon so we wanted to do fall. July-August is supposed to be extremely hot and Sept-Oct is more of the hurricane time and November/December is too hectic for us. Out of July-October, what are your suggestions? Trying to lock down a date! Any thoughts on this is greatly appreciated.

#254 ladybugg

ladybugg
        • 29 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by KK2013 

Hi Ladies!  Wondering if you can help.  My colors I settled on are a light, light peach, gold and ivory.  I would like the bridesmaid dresses to be this light peach, but I haven't come across any designers that have this color.  I am stumped!  I see blush pink everywhere, but not peach.  I was thinking when spring 13 came out that would help. Any help would be much appreciated :)

Hey KK, 

I too was struggling so hard to find the exact colour I wanted - originally I wanted a light lilac/lavender BUT all the designers colours were way too grey undertoned or too bright purple - soooooo I had a bit of freakout and may just order a dark plum/purple instead - I'm hoping it won't look too weird being in a tropical setting - any ideas or helpful hints!!!

I went with the Aqua Package so we could have a plated dinner, but am keeping the Chill Out Chic decor because I wanted the orchids as part of the colour scheme! UGH I'm so frustrated with everything! Not to mention I sent a photo of a very simple centrepiece (a few hydrangea blooms and an orchid stem or 2) and I was quoted $500 a table!!! That is a bit extreme so now I'm trying to do my own centrepieces and bring them with me!!!

Hahaha sorry for the little vent session - but try not to stress too much about the colour - my fiance keeps telling me not to stress the little things we can't control - but I know that it's hard and frustrating when you can't find exactly what you're looking for!

#255 KK2013

KK2013
          • 244 posts
          • Wedding Date:December 7, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Paradisus La Esmeralda- Gabi Club
          • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by jules2012 

How insane would we be to do our wedding in late August? The thing is that we aren't ready any time soon so we wanted to do fall. July-August is supposed to be extremely hot and Sept-Oct is more of the hurricane time and November/December is too hectic for us. Out of July-October, what are your suggestions? Trying to lock down a date! Any thoughts on this is greatly appreciated.

I would definitely avoid October.  I have been to Playa in July and in end of November.  In July it was hot--mid to high 80s and even into the lower 90s. In November it was beautiful--high 70s to low 80s, but rained 4 of the 8 days.  When I was trying to pick a date, I avoided that time because I thought it would stink to ask people to spend the money to come down only to have it rain on their vacation, not to mention on your wedding!  I would go July before end of August because I would avoid approaching the rainy season at all costs!  But you should definitely go with your gut! :)

#256 KK2013

KK2013
          • 244 posts
          • Wedding Date:December 7, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Paradisus La Esmeralda- Gabi Club
          • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Rola Nabhan 

In regards to lighter colors for dresses you have to wait until the spring 2013 collection comes out in stores which it has not yet- they usually come out mid feb.

Thank you, Rola! My bridal shop where I got my dress actually already has the spring colors in as of mid January, and I think Watters has my color, so I am good to go!

#257 SEV2013

SEV2013
          • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

Does anyone know if they charge you for using an outside DJ, such as Doremixx? Haven't received a response yet from my contact at the resort.

#258 anisha

anisha
            • 49 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

Any "outside" vendor is subject to a $1000 vendor fee - that's what my paperwork said.

#259 anisha

anisha
              • 49 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by imnotarunner 

hola everyone!

Is anyone doing wedding games during the reception?
                how about afterparty? or a sendoff? I'm not sure what to do to end the night?

I need suggestions ladies!

thank you so much

We're just doing sparklers (for pics) and maybe just heading to the bars on resort.

#260 imnotarunner

imnotarunner
                • 236 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

Ok ladies I need your suggestions! I need your help it's giving me anxiety.

For those brides who are doing their ceremony on the Gabi bridge, once you guys kiss and walk back down the aisle...where do you go?
                  Will you stick around to take pics?

Is there a non-awkward way to exit the ceremony?
                  In a typical wedding, after bride/groom exit the "church" or ceremony site, the guests throw rice or do some "send off" right? But...you're a bridge, where do we go from there?

I feel like there's no smooth transition.

Do we stop at the end of the bridge near the Gabi Club? What do we do?
                  HELP!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users